2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I thought last episode that Tane was a bit more rational than the others, but with Ari out of the way, he seems to have dived straight into the role of the knuckleheaded alpha male making unreasonable diktats and refusing to accept reality. His only decent moment was telling Felicity not to blame Cash. Otherwise, why is he insisting Mia's not to blame? Of course she is: She covered up Matthew's death, she turned on the waterworks with Ari, she stood there and said nothing while he made his stupid confession and is doing absolutely nothing to help him except yelling at a lawyer when she could have solved all this by speaking up. Similarly, Chloe absolutely should feel guilty: She's not only killed someone but let someone else be jailed for it, and her visit to the police station just underlined how selfish she is, since I doubt she'd have said anything even if Tane hadn't come charging in. (Cash being useless again, thinking that a "private chat" doesn't involve going through to the interview room but sitting down a pace away where any visitor will interrupt them.) When Nikau says it would be better to tell the truth, everyone looks at him like this is some strange alien concept they've never heard of, when in fact he's completely right. The only thing he's not right about is that the police would let Chloe go straightaway if she told them what happened. Theo makes big pronouncements about how they're going to get Ari home, but his options are breaking him out of jail and going into hiding for fifty years or coming up with an alternative explanation for Matthew's death,

Well, I'm glad Ryder seems to be okay, at least physically. Justin was rightly annoyed with Theo, but whatever the rights and wrongs, Alf yelling at him by Ryder's hospital bed when the lad's just woken up just made things worse. I'm glad that Roo took the hint and stayed with Ryder when he obviously didn't want to be left alone.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Tane admitted to liking a cop.  I actually think he's being quite idiotic regarding this and he's sidelined Felicity for now which is a shame, just a she's starting to get things together.

I'm pleased that Nikau is acting like a dog with a bone.  I was hoping he would give the others an ultimatum about coming clean but after Tane spoke to him I don't think he will go through with it.  Hopefully he'll tell Bella and she will say something, given what happened to her dad.

I didn't agree with Alf and still find him quite unlikeable but I did still find him ranting at Theo in the hospital quite funny.  I quite liked Justin's approach, having a go a Theo when it's just them but sticking up for him in front of other people.

I quite like the chat Theo had with Ryder when Ryder woke up.  I said not too long ago that even though I didn't like both characters for me there is a clear difference between Theo and Chloe.  Note how with Ryder, Theo had clear remorse about what he did but Chloe did not regarding Matthew.  She just felt guilty about Ari going to prison and was obviously worried that she will end up in trouble but no apparent remorse at having killed someone.

That looked like Freya in the preview with Logan.

OK maybe I can get the cops being more interested in the actual murder first off, but even if Ari had killed Matthew why was Mia driving the car with Matthew's body in the boot? It makes her an accessory either way and would he have allowed her to do that if he wanted to take all the blame?   What was she going to do with the body anyway, just dump it, she didn't have a spade with her?  I know, I know she could have borrowed Theo's.  Some bloody big holes in the whole story.  I do hope that they don't take his confession at face value and just do a cursory investigation. 

I wouldn't call Ari pathetic, misguided because if the cops do their job right, the truth will come out. Chloe and Mia would get a lighter sentence if they get a good enough lawyer - or should that be would have because if they fess up now it may go against them.   The longer they leave it the worse it is going to look.   

I can't work out why the difference in Tane and Nik's outlook on it.  Tane is thinking, maybe, Ari could cope better, but Nik seems to think Chloe and Mia wouldn't be serving life sentences.   He did cajole/guilt trip Chloe into going to the cops but she did seem to chicken out out going through with it. I think Cash was thinking "Well, that was a bit odd".? The real twist was Tane becoming Ari with the 'this is what we're going to do' speech.  Chloe is 20 so an adult herself Red. 

Not the first time and it won't be the last that we've seen  the local friendly cop bend the rules in allowing the accused have a chat with family members/loved ones, I remember Colby doing it and I'm pretty sure Angelo when he was a plod  did, Jack. Not sure what Felicity thought Cash could do as it's out of his hands now. Will CID be back to  look into it? 

I like how Flick has been since the news broke, she has been really supportive, bringing the Parata's brekkie, just bad timing as they were off to the bail hearing, but also being there for Tane and not expecting anything in return - if you know what I mean.?   Tane did look good in that black shirt - ?.  And on a purely shallow level I did like Felicity's white skirt with the slit. 

Theo and Ryder - my theory was off then. Alf's casual remark about Ryder not having come home and Justin realising Theo hadn't either prompting him to ring Theo who couldn't answer of course. Then by pure fluke he mentions the challenges to Roo as the only reason Theo and Ryder are 'chummy', looks on his phone and ? there's the latest challenge!  And what do you know Roo knows where it is - land behind the caravan park not that far away after all. Just how convenient  was it Theo had held his phone up at that point.?   Good Theo has a good set of lungs on him and  annoying as he has been, you had to give him credit for urging Roo and Justin to find and help Ryder first. Thought it couldn't have been that far out of town, he went to the Diner, then Chloe's and was making his way back to Ryder's in  a relative short time.  Mind you if he'd stayed where he was  he wouldn't have slipped into that ditch and got himself snared in that barbed wire, but then we wouldn't had any drama.  Ryder  was way over his time allowance for air, but he was unconscious so his breathing would have been very shallow.  Ryder isn't daft he would have worked out himself beforehand how much air to  allow himself with some to spare. 

Both Ryder and Theo are adults but with Theo is has been very debatable at times.  Plus it was Ryder's idea of being buried alive thanks to him seeing the coffin leaflets so if you wanted to be ultra picky you could blame Martha and or Alf for leaving them lying around. Theo didn't exactly come out of it completely 'unscathed' as Alf called it. He's needing a tetanus jab and I'm guessing the docs made sure the wound was thoroughly cleaned to avoid sepsis, that barbed wire would have been pretty flithy. 

Ryder may make  a good recovery physically but the signs were there he's psychologically  affected already.  He didn't want Roo to leave him alone and I feel he could have  a fear of the dark and even develop claustrophobia. 

How do you know nobody in the bay follows their channel pembie??  We don't know who anyone of them are. 

Don't think I'm mercenary but when will we learn how much Theo and Ryder made?  That was so sad when Justin showed Alf Ryder's 'last' message where he left his share to pay off the debt and anything left over was to go to pay for Martha's treatment.  No need for Alf to feel guilty he hadn't been pressuring Ryder to pay up he'd told him he could take as long as he liked, it was Ryder who was wanting to pay it off. 

After a couple of nail biting hours Ryder comes round and the first thing he sees is Theo's face - EEK!

Can't blame Roo for being so angry Martha's 'reason' is pretty flimsy - supposing something happened to you at  a later date and you needed that kidney, well  then Roo could have a transplant, even a double one if need be.  Two people shocked the op didn't go ahead Jasmine and Ryder. 

Jasmine actually did  a bit more than she has in the last couple of episodes.  

Btw CaptainHulk everyone at some point has kicked off in a hospital at sometime - another soap rule.  Usually it's at the medical staff for not being able to tell them what they want to hear. 

Of course in normal circumstances Chloe would be involved seeing as Ryder is her ex, been even more concerned if they were still a couple, but what with  everything that is happening in her family life this is a secondary worry. 

I've got this horrible feeling we're going to be watching the Paratas having the same conversation over and over again. Tane was being an absolute hypocrite here: It's okay for him to go and see Felicity and tell her what the score is, but Nikau isn't allowed to tell Bella what's going on (or at least all the police know) and explain he can't see her? What, did Tane expect him to just ghost her? Tane says if they're not careful Chloe and MIa will go to jail. Explain to me again why that's a bad thing. And then explain why Ari going to jail is better, without sounding like a patronising neanderthal.

Whilst I'd have liked to have seen them together in person, I appreciate that we at least got a scene of Bella chatting to Ryder on the phone about his near-death experience.Oh, and confirmation that he's back at TAFE.

So Logan's not moving out after all. I can't say I've really got any investment in him and Mackenzie, or in this Freya lookalike of his. (Yes, there's a reason they look alike...)

Tane only told Flick they couldn't see each while all this was going on and she did already know anyway.   Nik didn't tell Bella the whole truth either - and it  was in the papers the next day anyway, him explaining why he wasn't going to be able to see her  was better than just ghosting her as she would have been ringing and going round to his house wanting answers. This way she'll respect his - or rather Tane's - wishes. Not sure if Bella should have told Ziggy and Dean what was going on, but Ari had been a good friend to Dean inside, but at least they managed to keep it from John, well until the next day that is.  Neighbourhood Watch not working very well is it. ?   Flick nearly undid the whole deal by pitching up at the Parata's unannounced, but it was just to tell Tane she'd spoken to Ziggy and  understood it wasn't personal.  She does seem to have grown up since Cash enlightened her about their dad, before I reckon she would have thrown a right strop. 

Mac doesn't know yet as she's been - um - a tad occupied ??, that'll bring her down to earth.  

I'm confused too, when did Logan change his mind about moving out?  Did we all blink and miss that decision? Of course now Bella can't see Nik she'll be at home more. 

When is the investigation into Matthew's death going to start, they're just going to take Ari's word for it are they? "I killed him" "Oh OK case closed". 

Another reason to think Mac is otherwise occupied is  she hasn't noticed she's a staff member down and not just any member of staff but Ryder!  Nary a mention of him or by extension Theo, but then Irene didn't mention him either have they not been informed? Bella knew. Chloe did at least have the good manners to call in and tell Irene she wouldn't be in.  Fair enough she'd hardly be in a fit state to be cheery with the customers.  Brief mention that Mia had gone to the city to see a solicitor.  

A blast from the past then for Logan - Neve - someone he obviously cared for a lot and who he thought was dead - connection to his scar which just happened to be referred to earlier? ? Natch he gets caught snogging her on the pier.  Of course he would have had 'lady friends' before he met Mac, he's not a monk and he's a good looking guy. 

I think I'm going to have to contact Channel 5.  I can watch the episodes on my laptop but they haven't appeared on My5 on the TV since last Friday i.e. no 2022 episodes.

I did actually really enjoy that episode.

I quite liked the scene at the beginning with Ziggy joking about Mackenzie and Logan copping off.  Can't say I'm actually fussed about Mackenzie and Logan either.  I don't find them very interesting as a couple and like Ziggy/Dean prefer them interacting with other characters, although I thought Ziggy and Dean were better yesterday.

With regards to Ari, I liked it initially with the suspicious reactions and looks from Irene and John at the Dinner and then from Ziggy and Dean when Nikau told Bella about him.  The best part was when they found out particularly the shock reactions again from John and Irene after reading the front of the Newspaper.  I think this is quite positive overall.  Dean is already suspicious and knows that something is going on, which as mentioned in the episode why all the fuss and secrecy if Ari has confessed.  Ziggy is involved too now.  I think Bella my play a key role in this as even if Nikau doesn't tell her, I suspect Chloe will seriously struggle and want someone to confide in, so she may have to make a decision at some point.

I was surprised Felicity approached Ziggy but at least she quizzed her in a non threatening manner.  I agree about the double-standards of Tane vs Nikau and he's actually been pretty disappointing over the last couple of episodes.  I did wonder if Felicity overheard what he said about Chloe and Mia, her reaction didn't seem to indicate that she did.

Alf's episode count this week:Four. Guess he's making up for all those other characters having four in finale week!

Oh, where to start? Well...that kiss between Logan and Neve was definitely not one-sided. I'm not sure how I feel about her yet. She does seem to have made a lot of assumptions. I'm not sure how the military works: Would it have been that hard to resign? Mackenzie trying to work out which secret people are keeping from each other was slightly amusing, until Logan did a terrible job of breaking the news and cut to, well, half the chase: She still doesn't know about the kiss.

I still can't get used to Bella and Chloe suddenly being besties now they've both found out their dads are bad lots (Bella's more than Chloe's, it has to be said). Bella tries to give Chloe the benefit of her experience only to realise she's read the roles wrong: Chloe isn't the Bella in this scenario, she's the Colby.

Alf yelling at John was uncalled for, although to be fair, Theo's "punishment" for stealing the Polaris seemed to consist of a telling off and spending a few seconds at the juice bar taking selfies.

The Ari story is beyond stupid just because he confessed to murder just think if all crime stories like Sherlock Holmes were like this be over on page one 

Tane is his brother but his willing for Ari to go to prison for his girlfriend and daughter 

It was amusing though that as soon as the family went into lockdown the whole town near enough finds out How did it reach the paper that’s even funnier 

Logan my goodness his quite witty but my word his also very boring so good job his ex wife as turned up just so I can stop seeing him and Mac running to the bedroom all the time

I don’t know about Neighbours getting axed seeing the trailer for it’s episodes look much better than this silly show at the moment 

Neve is Logan's ex wife??  Do you know something we don't pembie?  I thought she was  someone he served with but off duty were  a lot, lot closer.  They obviously meant  a lot to each other and from what he told her it took him a while to get over her 'death', how she manage that btw? Good point Red, there must have been other ways for her not to get sent back to Afghanistan then feigning death,  I may be ignorant of how the military works but I thought they were a lot more understanding about PTSD nowadays.?  Didn't chose the most out of the way place to have that kiss and to give Ziggy some credit she don't go blabbing right away to Mac she told Dean  who spoke to Logan giving him the chance to fess up first.   Not quite sure why Logan decided it was a good idea to park Neve in Mac's flat- she's a stranger and  she was having a poke about when he left.  Bless him though he nearly got there when up she pops leaving him with the awkward introduction - "this is my ex". ?

Mac, understandably, was upset about the news about Ari.  I wonder how Tane will react to Chloe working, I know he is, someone has to to bring in some money, but he's not as fragile as Chloe. 

Press found out the usual way pembie.?

Chloe may be unlikable to some on here, but it was pretty gutsy of her turning up to work like she did.  She was doing OK until she saw the paper which although it sounds weird would have made it seem very real seeing it in black and white.  You weren't wrong Slade Chloe did crack and confided in Bella who had indicated she'd been in a similar position.

She didn't intend to kill, him unlike Colby meant to kill Ross  and I think she wishes things hadn't gone the way they did.  Thing is what is Bella  going to do with this new information - keep it from Nik or tell him she knows - really knows. ?   Ross was an out and out bad guy whereas if you manged to read any of the blurb about Matthew was an all round good guy who will be a great loss to his family and profession.  But could anyone be that squeaky clean and that is apart from what he did as a 17/18 year old. 

It was John's call over the Polaris and admittedly not his usual judgement but the term of punishment was meant to be longer than it was. 

Archived