Quick Questions

Si-Co

10 hours ago, luke123 said:

The house that Lyrik are currently in, how did it work back in the day? Years ago there was a little apartment type of thing opposite their front door. Looking at it now and seeing external scenes that were shot this year, I can't figure out how it would've been possible as there is no space for it at the front of their house.

It doesn't really feel like the same house at all.  As well as the flat at the front having disappeared (originally built for Flynn's surgery about 4 years after the house was first introduced, later as Robbie and Kim's bedroom and a mini lounge space, then eventually the flat that Brax and Ricky lived in), two new doors have appeared at the back.

If I'm honest, while that house was always next door to John (from the time John's house was originally introduced as Tony Holden's house in 2005), John's storytime as the Lyrik crew were moving in just felt like an opportunity to shove in a reference to the Braxtons.

1 hour ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

It doesn't really feel like the same house at all.  As well as the flat at the front having disappeared (originally built for Flynn's surgery about 4 years after the house was first introduced, later as Robbie and Kim's bedroom and a mini lounge space, then eventually the flat that Brax and Ricky lived in), two new doors have appeared at the back.

If I'm honest, while that house was always next door to John (from the time John's house was originally introduced as Tony Holden's house in 2005), John's storytime as the Lyrik crew were moving in just felt like an opportunity to shove in a reference to the Braxtons.

John should've just said that the original house was demolished/rebuilt or something, because that house being the same one that had a flat at the front all those years ago doesn't make sense at all. There's literally no room for it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-ZGXFAb6yIJVaR5bXIH3

But does that mean they used a different house when the Braxtons were there? My memory is a bit fuzzy, but if they used this house for external shots back then, it would have been even more bizarre as there clearly isn't a flat there.

28 minutes ago, luke123 said:

But does that mean they used a different house when the Braxtons were there? My memory is a bit fuzzy, but if they used this house for external shots back then, it would have been even more bizarre as there clearly isn't a flat there.

The house currently on-screen was indeed used in the Braxton days, from 2013 onwards. The annexe wasn't seen on either of the previous exterior locations used between 2003-2013 either, so it never really made sense.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

3561. Well, HD filming anyway.

Thanks, so 28th July 2003. Was it not screened in HD at that point then? Is there reference to it being filmed in HD from this episode onwards anywhere on the internet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, does anyone know when the first H&A episode to be broadcast in widescreen was? I know the first EastEnders episode in widescreen was 5 September 1999. Supposedly the first Neighbours episode in widescreen was 3531 broadcast on 15th May 2000. EastEnders wasn't broadcasting in HD until 25 December 2010 which is quite late, while Coronation St was late to the party with widescreen, starting on 7th January 2002. 

Edited by Skylover