2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

18 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

We got to see a bit more of the nursery and those photos: We haven't got a good look at it, but I think the one top right is Justin, Tori, Mason, Brody and Raffy.The one that's got me stumped is top left, which seems to show two men, a woman and a baby.One of the men looks like Robbo and the baby's presumably Grace, but the other man could be Justin or Mason and the woman could be Tori or Jasmine: I even thought it might be Ava at one point but I think she's too tall. (Thinking about it, it could be Robbo's parents..? I suspect there are some photos they're going to focus on and some they aren't.)

Top right is as you said, and the top left is Robbo, Ian and Wendy with Grace. ?

euAJJ4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/06/2020 at 09:03, Red Ranger 1 said:

Am I too hard on Colby because I don't like him? To a point but crikey, he seems incapable of getting it right with Bella. He either sticks to his guns and refuses to consider he might be wrong, or bows down and tries to make her happy even if it's the wrong thing to do. Ever since she came in he's had a succession of people having to drag him firmly onto the right path, from Chelsea to Mackenzie to Willow and even Dean. I really hope we don't now have Bella disappear for weeks and then come back "cured" (or worse, not cured). We need more steps after her sitting dejected in the driveway.Mackenzie turning up at Colby's was indeed frustrating.

IDK how I even found this because im not a UK fan and it's a few pages back but I just wanted to jump on and agree with you!

I have only ever seen colby get called out for the ross stuff and his relationship troubles, but never how bad he has been to bella.

I have been rewatching a lot of their old stuff since bella left here in aus (she is the only character i care about since alex left but as if nobody knew that) and the way that he has treated her right since the beginning really upsets me. In an old episode way, way back when simone was bella's support teacher she offered colby the number of a counsellor for her and he got incredibly defensive and refused multiple times without asking simone why she suggested it or asking bella if she wanted the counselling. ever since i saw that i have really began to despise him. I have a real hate for people that deny others mental health care.

Also, the amount of times since then that bella made it clear to colby and co. that she was struggling either via actions or words and they did nothing, even after she overdosed really gets me mad. IDK how it played out properly without gaps because of christmas and covid over here (you guys would have a better view point on this) but it wan't that long after her attempted overdose that colby said that he was done caring for her but the thing that really gets me, and i didn't realise it because of our covid break was that after he said he wasn't going to care for her anymore it was barely 2 in-universe weeks before she hurt herself, at which point he said that he had no idea that she was still struggling and that she had seemed happy. Like, as if that doesn't give the clear message that he barely cares for her at all. 

I get that they are young but aren't they supposed to be around 25/mid to late 20's? because im in my early 20's and pretty much everyone I know would be able to figure out when someone they are around is struggling, especially when they are as explicit as bella has been. and colby is a cop so he should have had at least some mental health training. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tinytopaz said:

IDK how I even found this because im not a UK fan and it's a few pages back but I just wanted to jump on and agree with you!

I have only ever seen colby get called out for the ross stuff and his relationship troubles, but never how bad he has been to bella.

I have been rewatching a lot of their old stuff since bella left here in aus (she is the only character i care about since alex left but as if nobody knew that) and the way that he has treated her right since the beginning really upsets me. In an old episode way, way back when simone was bella's support teacher she offered colby the number of a counsellor for her and he got incredibly defensive and refused multiple times without asking simone why she suggested it or asking bella if she wanted the counselling. ever since i saw that i have really began to despise him. I have a real hate for people that deny others mental health care.

Also, the amount of times since then that bella made it clear to colby and co. that she was struggling either via actions or words and they did nothing, even after she overdosed really gets me mad. IDK how it played out properly without gaps because of christmas and covid over here (you guys would have a better view point on this) but it wan't that long after her attempted overdose that colby said that he was done caring for her but the thing that really gets me, and i didn't realise it because of our covid break was that after he said he wasn't going to care for her anymore it was barely 2 in-universe weeks before she hurt herself, at which point he said that he had no idea that she was still struggling and that she had seemed happy. Like, as if that doesn't give the clear message that he barely cares for her at all. 

I get that they are young but aren't they supposed to be around 25/mid to late 20's? because im in my early 20's and pretty much everyone I know would be able to figure out when someone they are around is struggling, especially when they are as explicit as bella has been. and colby is a cop so he should have had at least some mental health training. 

But thing is if everything was fine with Bella and Colby could cope then there wouldn’t be storyline’!. 

On 06/06/2020 at 05:22, j.laur5 said:

Colby has been very remiss at times over Bella but when counselling was offered to her she refused to go and you can't force someone to go.  Always easier to deal with these type of issues when it isn't your family.   Colby has pointed out several times he's just an ordinary cop, don't know how much psych training they would have had.   There did seem to be a hiccup between Colby saying he was done with Bella, because of her lying about seeing Patricia, then they were back to normal, well normal for them. 

Edited by H&Alover

For an intelligent woman Maggie was very naïve thinking now it's established Ziggy is Ben's they can just carry on as if nothing had happened.  OK, it was unplanned, she would never have contemplated it had she been sober, but it did.  It wasn't/isn't Maggie's fault Marco has been in love with her all these years and couldn't have easy for him seeing her after twenty years.   She wasn't particularly nasty to him but made it plain he stood no chance whatever happened between her and Ben.  Good point about the business Red, it does seem very important to Ben and Marco's mum and dad.  Doesn't look good for Ben as he collapses next eek, but at least he wasn't on his own so Maggie can get help quickly. 

Not knowing how Australian law considers how serious what Douglas did can't really comment on his sentence and he did plead guilty, it is  a hefty sentence, 15 years before is eligible for parole too. Seems  Leah's statement was read on her behalf.  There will be still tough tines ahead for Leah but Justin is a patient guy and will let her dictate the pace.   Loved seeing them playing footsie in bed.

Nice to see the rest of the photos though it is unclear as to who is in the top left one.   Grace was such a cutie and funny watching Tori doing her exercises.

Jasmine being so upbeat about her coming 12 week scan does have warning bells ringing loudly.  Which, and not a spoiler as we saw her having it, appears not to be what she was wanting to see or hear. 

Jasmine/Tori/Justin are just exhausting to watch (and Leah too, but she's currently not on screen yet in this episode).

Oh here comes Leah now, the eternal bad luck charm of Summer Bay.

What Maggie has done is wrong, but who is Leah to judge her?   She's made many mistakes during her long time on the show, so Leah can do one with her butter wouldn't melt act, gawd I cannot stand the hypocrisy of her, she's so unlikeable and false.

• Confused 1

I really sympathised with Ben over his mental health issues but it was difficult to watch.  It looks like he is spiralling into depression again but some of it is of his own making with his attitude and I'm not feeling as generous toward him this time.

Well, Leah is certainly feeling like her old self.

Jasmine isn't pregnant after all.  Oops.  I know she has been under a lot of strain but even so.  It seems bonkers to me that someone in the medical profession could get this so wrong.