2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I continue to feel most sorry for Gemma having to deal with a bunch of squabbling schoolboys.Ari might have a point but he's doing everything he can to make it seem like he doesn't.Picking fights with Tane and trying to order Nikau about are completely the wrong approach: He's never going to win hearts and minds until he learns how to actually have a conversation. Nikau is increasingly coming across as a brat, whose behaviour would be annoying coming from a teenager and is even more so coming from someone in his 20s.And Tane is just coming across as smarmy: I was not keen on the way he and Nikau pressured Marilyn into letting Tane stay the night.Tane looked somewhat put out that his charm didn't work on Mackenzie.Given that he never seems to be short of female company, I'm guessing not many people say no to him.

Jasmine has definitely crossed the line now and needs to get a reality check but I'm hoping she'll pull back before it's too late.I really don't want this to end with her being cut out of Grace's life. I'm actually seeing a parallel between her and Ari, trying to fill the void in the life of a relative who's just lost a father but not twigging that the mother is still around and they're getting in the way.And not wanting them to spend time with Tane. Even though that seemed to be what kicked off Jasmine's belief that she needed to keep Grace safe, it was just tunnel vision from then on with her failing to grasp that Tane wasn't even around.Marilyn should probably make Jasmine wait until she can speak to Tori instead of just handing her over.I winced at Jasmine's insensitive reaction to Tori mentioning her miscarriage: Tori's "options" basically amounted to going behind Robbo's back, which Jasmine wasn't too keen on at the time!

Well, I'm guessing Leah's wrong about Justin's intentions given the way she blurted it out. (I'd have thought Justin would have had some familiarity with Zac given that he was Raffy's principal.) Then again, Justin does have form for this sort of thing given his ill-timed proposal to Phoebe. I've struggling to think what else it could be given that they already live together.Get their own place? (But that would mean leaving Tori and Grace alone in a five-bedroom house.) Go on holiday? Visit Ava? Him meeting VJ?

So Justin wants to expand the business that he barely spends any time at??  Now, that was funny ?

Leah felt like an idiot for getting it wrong but I can't help thinking that she wasn't a little bit disappointed that Justin wasn't proposing after all.

Jasmine lied to several people.  Justin had every right to call her out.  I was enjoying Jasmine and Colby spending time together before it all kicked off.

This three episode per block thing is spoiling things though.  It would have had more impact if we'd actually seen Tori and her reaction.  Also, no Ziggy at the hospital or mention of Ben for two eps.

• Like 1

Wouldn't blame Gemma at all if she just told them all to just get on with it and walked away!  They are all adults, supposedly, so should act it.  Is Nik in his 20's.  Ari didn't have any business telling Tane to stay away from Mac, they're not an item anymore unless it's because of Tane's rep with women, he has to have one and he doesn't want Mac hurt.  I thought differently Red I thought when Mac came across Tane and Ari on the beach there was a  bit of flirting going on  and she did seem to be doing a bit of wriggling when she walked up the beach.   As stroppy as the Parata men are they are certainly well fit!:blush:  Maz was pressured into letting Tane stay over, he could have stayed at the caravan park and have been well away from Ar, but Marilyn being the soft touch she is gave in.  Didn't stop her checking him out when he was lying there barechested though. Nik may enjoy having him around as he is coming across as the fun uncle but I think that is just a front he's putting on to get him onside. We know it wasn't Ari's fault he wasn't able to provide for them all as he was off work due to his injury.

Jasmine is in danger of interfering too much, she didn't let Tori get a look in when she got home, insisting on bathing Grace so Tori missed Grace saying mama, if she did, poor little girl is going to be so confused as to who mum is. She totally overstepped the line when she decided from her overhearing the conversation between Marilyn and Irene about Tane staying one night Grace wasn't safe as if Marilyn would put Grace in any danger. She then took upon herself to remove Grace from Marilyn's care, her words may have rung true but her body language was screaming she was lying.  Did she say Tori had sent her to collect Grace? Oh, another thing she told Frances her name was Jasmine Delaney, I would have thought she would have taken Robbo's name seeing how much she loved him.:unsure:  That was an either cruel or just unthinking remark about Tori's miscarriage, though Tori's option of going behind Robbo's has resulted in Grace.

Leah was going on Irene's assumption Justin was going to propose hence her "I'm not marrying you".  Maybe she was wanting to save him from himself, two dead husbands and one ex would make you wary of going there again. True he does have track record of inappropriate proposals but they have only just got back to where they were before Douglas, even he wouldn't be that rash.  Two of the things that you suggested Red didn't sound  serious enough he wanted to talk to Leah about it.  They've visited Ava before, a holiday isn't a biggie, could be he wants to meet VJ as his mums new boyfriend, but wouldn't VJ have gathered that when Justin contacted him when Leah went missing?   

• Like 1

I’m surprised at how much the Jasmine storyline is impressing me. Another great episode tonight. It’s really uncomfortable to watch but it’s unmissable. I don’t like how Marilyn has been dragged into it either. If only Jasmine knew the decades of torment Marilyn has been through after losing Byron and what looking after Grace means to her. But Jasmine isn’t a villain, her grief is consuming her. Very interested to see where this goes.

Leah saying not even Donald Trump has been married as many times as her made me laugh out loud

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jasmine was definitely in the wrong taking Grace without consulting Tori and making up a story to Marilyn in the process.I didn't have a huge lot of sympathy for Marilyn and her continued realisation that without someone to fix she hasn't got a lot left in her life (she seemed to think the most important thing was how it made her look, which she could have fixed if she'd bothered to call Tori instead of letting Jasmine take Grace and then complaining to Irene and Leah about it), but I do think she had every right to be upset with Jasmine, who didn't seem ready to apologise at all.Justin was quite right to have a go at Jasmine at the flat, but I think he went too far later on.He told Leah that he only asked her to stay away for the night, but he wouldn't even let her see Tori tomorrow which isn't his decision any more than it's Jasmine's who babysits Grace.(And yes, it's a shame that the show threw away one of Tori's episodes for the week with a generic doctor role on Monday, leaving Justin to substitute for her here when she was actually needed.)Jasmine's had abandonment issues in the past and was in a bad place this time last year - Her parents both disappeared without warning, she accepted Robbo was sticking around only for him to also die suddenly - and I think Justin's just made it worse.Maybe she needs to go back to Aiden.Even Irene belatedly realised her behaviour wasn't right.

Leah's rant was amusing, although Justin's "important news" really wasn't important at all: I think a holiday would have been more impressive! I think he did actually look a bit disappointed when they were at the garage near the end, once Leah's back was turned: He's never been married, of course, partly thanks to spending most of his time as a young adult in witness protection. I don't care enough to look up how many times Donald Trump's been married, but Leah's "only" been married three times. Someone who's been married less times than her hasn't really been married many times at all.

1 hour ago, Razabaza said:

Why is this show so obsessed with the relationships between brothers?  

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the surname Parata actually translates from Maori into English as brother.

Yeah it’s been mentioned not sure whether in the show though.

Edited by christine king

17 hours ago, ter06 said:

I’m surprised at how much the Jasmine storyline is impressing me. Another great episode tonight. It’s really uncomfortable to watch but it’s unmissable. I don’t like how Marilyn has been dragged into it either. If only Jasmine knew the decades of torment Marilyn has been through after losing Byron and what looking after Grace means to her. But Jasmine isn’t a villain, her grief is consuming her. Very interested to see where this goes.

Leah saying not even Donald Trump has been married as many times as her made me laugh out loud

The Jasmine story is very impressive and I think all involved are doing s great job. Especially Sam. Its really uncomfortable but you want to see more.... She really needs help though Jasmine I don't feel like she's getting it and she's putting s facade on a lot of the time

• Like 4

Well, that was fun viewing.

Ziggy finally remembered where the hospital is and later it looked like she was actually going to the garage.  Wonders.

Get over yourself Ben.  He is such a misery.  I don't know why Maggie is bothering.

Under normal circumstances I'd be rooting for Jas but after what she did.  I do like her and Colby as a couple.  Maybe in time.

I did feel sorry for Colby though.  What Dean said to (and about) him was rough.  With friends like that...

Looks like it will be more of the same next time.