Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

43 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Well, that's true of Bobby as well. He wasn't really interested in her while things were good with Roo, but when he wanted a change, she was it.

No-one.It was just the then-current cast there.

Possibly...but he cared about her a lot though and that was very obvious with some of the things he did and the comments he made. I cant remember the episode, but he did say that he wanted to be with her even though it took him a long time to figure it out. 

but when he wanted a change, she was it.

I wouldn't say that is fair. He couldve pursued Narelle since she was interested in him, and he was very attracted to her. I just think he finally realized that what he needed was right in front of him.

Why did Andrew Foley leave the second time, and did he ever come back?

Did Steve and Alyce Davis only go on one date? I must be the only one who just realized that she was in Neighbours too ?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Why did Andrew Foley leave the second time, and did he ever come back?

Did Steve and Alyce Davis only go on one date? I must be the only one who just realized that she was in Neighbours too ?

The last time Andrew left was in 1990, when the school didn't renew his contract. Yes, Steve and Alyce only had one date, he realised next episode that it was just a physical thing and he preferred spending time with Sandra.

7 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

The last time Andrew left was in 1990, when the school didn't renew his contract. Yes, Steve and Alyce only had one date, he realised next episode that it was just a physical thing and he preferred spending time with Sandra.

Yeah I remember that. Frank agreed and responded along the lines of a relationship to work it has to be more than just physical. Funny how that came full circle for him.

Speaking of Steve, do we know why he was written out? I mean he could’ve gone to Uni and come home regularly but he just disappeared with no contact. I get it, the whole idea of fostering is that it’s not a permanent arrangement, but the core fletcher family were really close that it would’ve been nice for those that left to come home for important gatherings.

On 18/04/2019 at 16:10, Summer's Bay said:

Speaking of Steve, do we know why he was written out? I mean he could’ve gone to Uni and come home regularly but he just disappeared with no contact. I get it, the whole idea of fostering is that it’s not a permanent arrangement, but the core fletcher family were really close that it would’ve been nice for those that left to come home for important gatherings.

When Steve was offered a place at uni, Pippa got upset that he'd be going so far away he'd not be able to come back regularly. And she passed a comment to Michael that she'd be lucky to get a phone call from him every couple of months. So the writers were hammering home the point that we'd not be seeing Steve again any time soon. 

The real world and Summer Bay's world don't quite work the same way anyway. All you have to do is look at most weddings/funeral and see who isn't there! It could just be down to actor availability or the budget not stretching to it.

On 18/04/2019 at 20:37, CaptainHulk said:

Adam Willits got itchy feet and wanted to do other things.

He still kept in touch with Pippa though (and presumably Frank and co.) just sporadically, sent a telegram to her and Michael's wedding.

Shame. I think he could’ve taken over from Alex where Uncle Phil fell short. Did he do much actor or other projects in that time? 

Does anyone remember the episode where Bobby was sitting in the Caravan Park house with Pippa looking through old photos and said she should find time to write to Lynn? 

Did Martins parent move out of Summer Bay? Why were they never regulars like Coleen? 

Was it ever explained how the residents of summer bay found out john farnham was going to visit Sally? (Other than don fisher saying osmosis)

14 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Was it ever explained how the residents of summer bay found out john farnham was going to visit Sally? (Other than don fisher saying osmosis)

They didn’t explain how the town found out about the visit but Lance And Martin were the only ones to work out that JF going to the store was a con by the Fletchers everyone else got mad at Celia because they thought it was a scam to get more money in the store! ??

Bar Marty, his parents Ern and Nola and his brothers Scott and Errol (the two gearheads, played by non-speaking uncredited extras, who showed up for the family meal when he brought Leanne home to meet them) weren't seen after 1989.

Odds are they moved out of the bay between the ten years Martin left and returned for Sal/Keiran's non-starter of a wedding

6 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

They didn’t explain how the town found out about the visit but Lance And Martin were the only ones to work out that JF going to the store was a con by the Fletchers everyone else got mad at Celia because they thought it was a scam to get more money in the store! ??

Martin was actually pretty smart when he wanted to be. It’s interesting that Craig’s real life somewhat mirrors Martins in the sense that he has had some success as a pop star 

Does anyone remember the episode where Bobby was sitting in the Caravan Park house with Pippa looking through old photos and said she should find time to write to Lynn? ...anyone? pretty please ?

11 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Martin was actually pretty smart when he wanted to be. It’s interesting that Craig’s real life somewhat mirrors Martins in the sense that he has had some success as a pop star 

Does anyone remember the episode where Bobby was sitting in the Caravan Park house with Pippa looking through old photos and said she should find time to write to Lynn? ...anyone? pretty please ?

Fairly sure that was somewhere around the time Bobby and Steve got Viv out of her father’s house

Archived