Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

12 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Duncan was rushed to hospital during the christening reception. All the Stewart family were there for the christening and reception but Roo disappeared before they family went to the hospital. Was that ever explained or did Justine just come in for just two episodes?

Yeah, that was the last we ever saw of Justine as Roo. Watching the episode, the last time we see her is when they have a family photo taken, then she steps out of shot and out of the show.I guess we can assume she left the reception just before Duncan fell ill?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justine didn't even get credited for that guest return!

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 03:01, Summer's Bay said:

How did Martin get that executive job at Macklin?

As mentioned before, Martin BSed his way his way into the job on his CV much to Tom and Stacey's amusement and they admired his tenacity.

As for the Bedford stuff, he did charm him by rattling off some Shakespeare (More proof that Martin was "Brilliant but Lazy" and probably would have got his HSC had he and Lance not chucked in school pre-series)

On 11/04/2019 at 04:06, Red Ranger 1 said:

Yeah, that was the last we ever saw of Justine as Roo. Watching the episode, the last time we see her is when they have a family photo taken, then she steps out of shot and out of the show.I guess we can assume she left the reception just before Duncan fell ill?

I assume she had to get the only bus that leaves for  the city

I always found it odd that she lived with Barbra but Barbra never turned up for the Christening.

Do we know why Barbra was able to leave her underage Daughter  Rebecca in the city while she lived in Summer Bay? Also why didnt Rebecca attend her Brothers funeral?

Do we know why Narelle didnt attend Bobby and Franks wedding even though Bobby was in the city with her the night before?

Was it ever explained why Alf ditched Roo after she just had her baby to go on holiday? that was really bizarre for him to just take off like that

Did Roo have a relationship with any of Alfs other secret children?

I could be wrong but either the writers forgot because of inconsistency , or the intention was to split Frank and Roo up before he went to New York. I say this because 1-  I just watched the episodes where Alf was trying to contact Frank in New York when Tom died. If Roo was with Frank in New York, why didn’t Alf call Roo instead of calling Macklin headoffice to get Franks number 2- When Tom had the stroke, why would he ask Bobby if she had Franks number in the city when he could’ve again  easily called Roo? 

9 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I assume she had to get the only bus that leaves for  the city

I always found it odd that she lived with Barbra but Barbra never turned up for the Christening.

Do we know why Barbra was able to leave her underage Daughter  Rebecca in the city while she lived in Summer Bay? Also why didnt Rebecca attend her Brothers funeral?

Do we know why Narelle didnt attend Bobby and Franks wedding even though Bobby was in the city with her the night before?

Was it ever explained why Alf ditched Roo after she just had her baby to go on holiday? that was really bizarre for him to just take off like that

I could be wrong but either the writers forgot because of inconsistency , or the intention was to split Frank and Roo up before he went to New York. I say this because 1-  I just watched the episodes where Alf was trying to contact Frank in New York when Tom died. If Roo was with Frank in New York, why didn’t Alf call Roo instead of calling Macklin headoffice to get Franks number 2- When Tom had the stroke, why would he ask Bobby if she had Franks number in the city when he could’ve again  easily called Roo? 

Roo met her half-sister Quinn (Ryder's Mum) in 2017, when Quinn came to see Ryder. Their other half-brother, Owen (Ric's father) had since died (heart attack during fight with Ric)

13 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Some of those are a bit too precise for me...I didn't notice any suggestion that Frank and Roo had broken up, but maybe that's because I knew they hadn't. I guess maybe Alf called Frank at work rather than at home because he knew he'd be there, and that it was easier to ask Bobby who was there rather than call Roo and then call Frank?

I seem to recall Rebecca was at boarding school? As noted above, Roo met Quinn.Duncan lived with her in New York off screen for a bit and they also spent time together as adults on screen in 2016.Owen died before either Alf or Roo knew he was related to them.

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Some of those are a bit too precise for me...I didn't notice any suggestion that Frank and Roo had broken up, but maybe that's because I knew they hadn't. I guess maybe Alf called Frank at work rather than at home because he knew he'd be there, and that it was easier to ask Bobby who was there rather than call Roo and then call Frank?

I seem to recall Rebecca was at boarding school? As noted above, Roo met Quinn.Duncan lived with her in New York off screen for a bit and they also spent time together as adults on screen in 2016.Owen died before either Alf or Roo knew he was related to them.

What makes you say that? I recall you mentioned before that they had their happy ever after taken away, but Alex Papps Said Franks relationship with Bobby was more genuine than the relationship with Roo which is evident,  so ultimately it makes sense that he  realized Roo wasn’t right for him all along. 

I feel like all of these are just inconsistencies on the writers part. Alf could’ve easily called Roo since he more than likely knew how to get ahold of her in New York than to call the Macklin s office in the city.. 

1 hour ago, Summer's Bay said:

What makes you say that? I recall you mentioned before that they had their happy ever after taken away, but Alex Papps Said Franks relationship with Bobby was more genuine than the relationship with Roo which is evident,  so ultimately it makes sense that he  realized Roo wasn’t right for him all along. 

I feel like all of these are just inconsistencies on the writers part. Alf could’ve easily called Roo since he more than likely knew how to get ahold of her in New York than to call the Macklin s office in the city.. 

Because I knew they were still together the following year? And because I don't follow Alex Papps' every word and instead went with the on screen evidence, where Frank realised Bobby wasn't right for him and had a happy ending with Roo until he didn't?

Alf didn't want to call Roo, he wanted to call Frank.So he called where Frank would be.

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Because I knew they were still together the following year? And because I don't follow Alex Papps' every word and instead went with the on screen evidence, where Frank realised Bobby wasn't right for him and had a happy ending with Roo until he didn't?

Alf didn't want to call Roo, he wanted to call Frank.So he called where Frank would be.

Alex was making reference to both relationships in general and as a whole. In my opinion Frank/Roo was never going to be a happy ending, he was a safety net.. She wasn’t important enough for The Asian guy to give up his family or for Simon to risk sticking around . Frank was the only guy who loved her for her faults and was blinded by his physical attraction to her, but that is neither here nor there.

Do you think Carly had a happy ending? In my opinion she just accepted her circumstances and settled, whatever that means. Sharon did a phenomenal job at playing Carly. She really brought the character and all her flaws to life. Does any one know why she left the show? 

I still believe what I pointed out  earlier was just inconsistent on the writers parts which has been evident in other storylines pertaining to other characters.

Did Grant Mitchell ever surface again? 

6 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Alex was making reference to both relationships in general and as a whole. In my opinion Frank/Roo was never going to be a happy ending, he was a safety net.. She wasn’t important enough for The Asian guy to give up his family or for Simon to risk sticking around . Frank was the only guy who loved her for her faults and was blinded by his physical attraction to her, but that is neither here nor there.

Do you think Carly had a happy ending? In my opinion she just accepted her circumstances and settled, whatever that means. Sharon did a phenomenal job at playing Carly. She really brought the character and all her flaws to life. Does any one know why she left the show? 

I still believe what I pointed out  earlier was just inconsistent on the writers parts which has been evident in other storylines pertaining to other characters.

Did Grant Mitchell ever surface again? 

Carly, while getting an abrupt departure, wound up reasonably happy, even if she did end up an army wife.

Grant left in September 1991 after a guest visit during the Lois Crawford arc, but Flynn was driving in his old VW!

13 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Do you think Carly had a happy ending? In my opinion she just accepted her circumstances and settled, whatever that means.

I find it very hard to believe that the shows' makers wrote Frank and Roo out together intending to have them break up off screen and then just forgot to do it.I think Roo always loved Frank deep down but he was with Bobby so she took a step back and tried dating other people, until it became clear that he and Bobby had very different views on life and he was more suited to Roo, especially when she'd made an effort to overcome her faults while Bobby seemed to enjoy embracing hers.Their break-up was nothing more than a plot device for Frank to make a rather pointless return visit.

I guess Carly loved Ben and he loved her, but her ending didn't really convince me she was going to be happy with him.But they were still together over 15 years later, and still are as far as we know, so I guess we have to accept that they worked out.

Archived