Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

Maybe the foundations of the original shop seen 1988-1989 lay under the grass and bracken of the spot where it stood.

I liked the 2nd shop which was like a mini supermarket. The 3rd shop was just a copy of Arkwright's shop from the BBC sitcom Open All Hours. Out of the 3 versions of the local store, the 1st and 2nd were my fave.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think that Rebecca was not supposed to be a televised character like the missing Stewart sister? Alan didnt leave anything for her in his will, and the producers felt it would be better for her to be in boarding school and not at her brothers funeral? Also Barbara mentioned that her two proudest moments where having Alan and leaving Donald...ummm hello...wasnt she proud when she had Rebecca?

4 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Does anyone else think that Rebecca was not supposed to be a televised character like the missing Stewart sister? Alan didnt leave anything for her in his will, and the producers felt it would be better for her to be in boarding school and not at her brothers funeral? Also Barbara mentioned that her two proudest moments where having Alan and leaving Donald...ummm hello...wasnt she proud when she had Rebecca?

Also Roo mentioned that she was Celia’s only niece in Episode 7......methinks Rebecca was only added so that Fisher could ask for Lance to sign the Santa Never Stops In Summer Bay single ? (probably also to add more drama to the Bobby/Fisher reveal in 1989)

16 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Also Roo mentioned that she was Celia’s only niece in Episode 7......methinks Rebecca was only added so that Fisher could ask for Lance to sign the Santa Never Stops In Summer Bay single ? (probably also to add more drama to the Bobby/Fisher reveal in 1989)

Don must’ve been so annoyed at Rebecca asking for the autograph ?

I also found it interesting that Donald thought that Bobby was a bad influence on Rebecca even though Bobby got the highest HSC marks for the year 

19 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Rebecca was established very early on, even before Alan was: It was a bit jarring to find Don also had a son when previously only a daughter had been mentioned.(Carly even commented on the fact.)So, even if they didn't intend to bring her in (and I agree it's highly likely they had no plans in 1988 when they probably weren't sure how long the show would run for), the above moments where she seemed to get forgotten about and not show up for her brother's funeral would have been strange even on first viewing.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived