Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

2 hours ago, cymbaline said:

It is a bit surreal, yes. I wonder did Alf and Cynthia appear in any scenes together? I don't remember her shopping in his store (had it gone bust by that stage?) or meeting him elsewhere. 

I have watched the episodes featuring Cynthia and she and Alf never met.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cymbaline said:

It is a bit surreal, yes. I wonder did Alf and Cynthia appear in any scenes together? I don't remember her shopping in his store (had it gone bust by that stage?) or meeting him elsewhere. 

The actress who played Cynthia was popular so it made sense to have her on the show again, just like casting Georgie Parker for a role she didn’t suit based on her popularity and recasting Ailsas ex boyfriend Graham because of his popularity  in Sons and Daughters and Terrance Donavan . However, I’ve always wondered why they recast Alan Fisher. The second role he played could’ve gone to anybody. 

Does anyone remember Tom and Sam Barlows fight?? The best part is the one guy in the background telling them to break it up yet nobody attempted to break it up. Sam Barlow is another character that was written out too soon and passed away too soon. I think he couldve returned to be  a really good villain. Aside from Sam Barlow and Alex Papps, who else wrote some episodes of Home and Away?

On 21/04/2019 at 20:06, Summer's Bay said:

Martin was actually pretty smart when he wanted to be. It’s interesting that Craig’s real life somewhat mirrors Martins in the sense that he has had some success as a pop star 

Does anyone remember the episode where Bobby was sitting in the Caravan Park house with Pippa looking through old photos and said she should find time to write to Lynn? ...anyone? pretty please ?

?

On 21/04/2019 at 20:06, Summer's Bay said:

Martin was actually pretty smart when he wanted to be. It’s interesting that Craig’s real life somewhat mirrors Martins in the sense that he has had some success as a pop star 

Does anyone remember the episode where Bobby was sitting in the Caravan Park house with Pippa looking through old photos and said she should find time to write to Lynn? ...anyone? pretty please ?

Did this actually happen or am I imagining it? I just glossed over some scenes where Steve was looking through old photos a few days before he left for the best school in the country that had no name, but was going to be too far for Steve to come home for five years. Bobby was at the house but she was looking at the Fletcher family photo and said nothing about Lynn.

5 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Barlow was a mentalist. Nobody in town liked him! I'm betting Baldivis was waiting for a chance to demote him. He could threaten Women and Kids but against Men (mainly Tom), he'd be filling his shorts! His sort generally are like that.

The actor who played him was very convincing. Shame he didnt write himself back into the role again. 

If  Andrew Foley or Stacey stayed on , would they have been successful full time cast?

Truman did come back to play the much less toxic Matthew Thompson in 1993 who at worst attempted to keep Sarah from the wider world. Probably due to her being all he had bar the farm (Her mother had done a legger on them, probably due to Matthew's bible thumping ways).

Not sure Andrew would have gone the distance but Stace might have had they not BBQed Phil.

13 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Did this actually happen or am I imagining it? I just glossed over some scenes where Steve was looking through old photos a few days before he left for the best school in the country that had no name, but was going to be too far for Steve to come home for five years. Bobby was at the house but she was looking at the Fletcher family photo and said nothing about Lynn.

No, you didn't imagine it! ? It was when Bobby was first thinking of fostering in episode 690 (the same episode Stevo left). She was getting a sense of fostering from Pip and Lynn came up in conversation!

3 hours ago, nenehcherry2 said:

No, you didn't imagine it! ? It was when Bobby was first thinking of fostering in episode 690 (the same episode Stevo left). She was getting a sense of fostering from Pip and Lynn came up in conversation!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!! 

Its a shame that Bobby didn’t really say goodbye to Steve. Would’ve been nice for her to go and see him off. 

15 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Truman did come back to play the much less toxic Matthew Thompson in 1993 who at worst attempted to keep Sarah from the wider world. Probably due to her being all he had bar the farm (Her mother had done a legger on them, probably due to Matthew's bible thumping ways).

Not sure Andrew would have gone the distance but Stace might have had they not BBQed Phil.

I thought it was a bit odd that the writers would have her not know who she was pregnant by. It just seemed random. 

I think the Phil character was good for Steve and Frank, should’ve replaced the actor and not killed off the character, but I read that he wasn’t living up to the expectations of the producers in the sense that they were hoping he would take over as the hot hunky guy when Alex left. 

Did Pippa ever mention keeping in touch with Floss at all before her return? 

Stacey's pregnancy was just a scare due to a blood test stuff-up.

Think Pip was still in contact with them before she and Michael took their van off the lot for sale as it took up space and they'd been gone 2yrs and said something about them eventually coming back for it. But Ben ended up trading it for Mrs. McGinty (his pet goat when he did that whole Home Farmer schtick) when he was supposed to get $200 for it ? However, some years later due to bad continuity the McPhees totalled it in a road accident (according to Floss when she came back) after mysteriously regaining ownership before Neville's death. But before Floss' return last heard out of her and Neville was a telegram to Ben and Carly's wedding.

8 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I think the Phil character was good for Steve and Frank, should’ve replaced the actor and not killed off the character, but I read that he wasn’t living up to the expectations of the producers in the sense that they were hoping he would take over as the hot hunky guy when Alex left.  

Was Phil axed or did the actor leave? I was under the impression that it was the latter and that he later regretted asking to be killed off. Or maybe I dreamt all that... I wouldn't have considered him to be a replacement for Frank because he was older but maybe he was?

9 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!! 

Its a shame that Bobby didn’t really say goodbye to Steve. Would’ve been nice for her to go and see him off. 

I thought it was a bit odd that the writers would have her not know who she was pregnant by. It just seemed random. 

Did Pippa ever mention keeping in touch with Floss at all before her return? 

I bet there was times when Pippa thought to herself I wish Floss was here to help. 

I love how Floss said she’s going miss not being here to help Pippa anymore. 

Archived