Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

17 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Roo did fall pregnant again but in her late 40s but lost it

Beats me. He knew Don wasn't his Gramps and he never called Bobby "Mum" in the same way Sal never called Pip and Tom "Mum and Dad". Don seemed to go along with as did everyone. He wasn't as close with Pippa at the start but was reasonably toward the end of her original run.

Greg basically probably thought he was in a rut/not getting any at home and Fiona came into town, working as Don's housekeeper. They were friendly at first as Greg helped find Fiona's toddler son, Toby when he went missing in the supermarket car park. Then temptation came up. Nick, and later Damian caught them

Celia probably had a bit tucked away or Ailsa wanted to make a quick sale as she was potential doing a legger to Singapore after the whole killing her dad thing and offloaded it at the best price for a quick sale.

Tucked away from doing what? 

Maybe it was explained but I don’t recall hearing anything of her life after her fiancé died. If I recall, when she was introduced, she wasn’t living at Alfs and not at her parents house.

12 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

I'm sure it was Don's idea to be called Uncle Donald. Didn't he object to being called Granddad?

It's important to note that Greg didn't instantly think "Affair opportunity" when he first met Fiona. In fact he was going to casually mention her to Bobby but Bobby interrupted him and then he never got around to it. Of course he did then  have an affair, which was wrong. I'm just saying it wasn't his agenda to be sneaky.

Do you know what prompted the affair? Where he and Bobby having problems or he was just attracted to Diona. Also, do you remember them having more chemistry than he had with Bobby? 

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I thought it was Bobby that started calling him "Uncle Donald" with Sam. I guess when she fostered Sam, he needed to call Don something since he'd be seeing him all the time, and "Donald" or "Mr Fisher" wasn't really appropriate given that Bobby called him Dad, so that seemed like the best bet.

I guess Roo never had anyone to have children with, she didn't seem to have a stable relationship while she was out there (at least not after Frank).

Did Roo ever give her side of the story on why the marriage broke up? From what Frank said, he thought the marriage was a mistake so it was obviously not perfect even though they were together longer.

Does anyone know why there was a photo of Frank on the desk in the Caravan Park house when Morag lived there? 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Summer's Bay said:

Did Roo ever give her side of the story on why the marriage broke up? From what Frank said, he thought the marriage was a mistake so it was obviously not perfect even though they were together longer.

Does anyone know why there was a photo of Frank on the desk in the Caravan Park house when Morag lived there? 

No. Obviously Alf spoke to her at the time and got her side of the story, but we didn't see Roo again until nearly 20 years later and Frank's only been mentioned in passing.

Probably Sally and/or Pippa left it behind. Unless you mean when Sally was still living there, in which case there's your answer.

23 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

No. Obviously Alf spoke to her at the time and got her side of the story, but we didn't see Roo again until nearly 20 years later and Frank's only been mentioned in passing.

Probably Sally and/or Pippa left it behind. Unless you mean when Sally was still living there, in which case there's your answer.

I was wondering if Roo might’ve mentioned what went wrong with Frank while talking about relationships 

The photo was on a desk that Morag was using so I don’t know what time frame that would’ve been 

They really could make more of Roo’s time in New York. She was there during the 9/11 attacks - was she at the WTC, did she lose friends or a partner? I can’t believe Georgie Parker sticks around for the material they give her.

If Morag was living at Summer Bay House then it was likely when Sally was living there. A lot of her post-Sally stint was at Roman’s house.

2 hours ago, c120701 said:

If Morag was living at Summer Bay House then it was likely when Sally was living there. A lot of her post-Sally stint was at Roman’s house.

Yep that's the most logical explanation. Sal probably had and when she moved back in after she and Flynn house-swapped with the Hunters

Knowing Celia, She was probably was a Miseresss and didn't believe in Frivolity or fling money around as she percieved Morag to do.

4 hours ago, c120701 said:

They really could make more of Roo’s time in New York. She was there during the 9/11 attacks - was she at the WTC, did she lose friends or a partner? I can’t believe Georgie Parker sticks around for the material they give her.

I guess it’s  a good gig with a steady pay check. I’ve only seen a few scenes with her but IMO Justine is the better Roo

Do we know why Roo came back to Australia?

Were Morag and Sally living in the house at the same time? Why?

12 hours ago, c120701 said:

She did spend a fair bit of time living at the caravan park house in 2011.

8 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Do we know why Roo came back to Australia?

Were Morag and Sally living in the house at the same time? Why?

Initially it was to get help for Martha while she was on the run, then she liked it and decided to stay, since things weren't going so well for her in New York at the time.

Because Alf was.

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

She did spend a fair bit of time living at the caravan park house in 2011.

Initially it was to get help for Martha while she was on the run, then she liked it and decided to stay, since things weren't going so well for her in New York at the time.

Because Alf was.

I watched some of the episode when Georgie-Roo returned, I was under the assumption she was running away from something in New York and was expecting to hear that maybe some gang boss was after her or something. From what I’ve read, sounds like the writers didn’t really have much explaination for what she was doing in New York which is a shame, that could’ve been a storyline on its own, I could be wrong but I remember watching Georgie-Roo waking up in bed with a much younger man.

The Alf/Sally relationship, I assume it developed over the years because Sally had no family in Summer Bay?

Do we know why Sally asked Mr Fisher to walk her down the aisle? Did the audience know that Frank/Steve were attending the wedding or did we get that surprise too? 

In my opinion, one mistake the writers made was not keeping the Fletchers together. In my opinion they all should’ve turned up for Bobby’s funeral, for other important family events even if it meant doing a recast.

2 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I watched some of the episode when Georgie-Roo returned, I was under the assumption she was running away from something in New York and was expecting to hear that maybe some gang boss was after her or something. From what I’ve read, sounds like the writers didn’t really have much explaination for what she was doing in New York which is a shame, that could’ve been a storyline on its own, I could be wrong but I remember watching Georgie-Roo waking up in bed with a much younger man.

In my opinion, one mistake the writers made was not keeping the Fletchers together. In my opinion they all should’ve turned up for Bobby’s funeral, for other important family events even if it meant doing a recast.

There were some vague theories at the time about her trying to steal money, but while it seems she had financial difficulties, she was mostly on the level. You could be thinking of James Mayvers, the younger boyfriend Roo got pregnant by (although I don't recall seeing them in bed together).

To be fair, at Sally's first wedding, Tom and Bobby were dead, but you've got Pippa(played by Debra, natch), Frank, Steven and Carly there, so only Lynn missing from the original line-up and she didn't last long anyway.

Archived