Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

I listened to a good podcast interview with Justine Clarke, she said Roo's Mum died from cancer- is this her fuzzy memory or is that what we were told?

A few interesting notes, (well i found them interesting)

She didnt get her HSC, left school in Year 10

Based on her response, I am not sure if she got on with Nicolle Dickson during the time she was on the show. 

She didnt have good relationships  with guys and was pretty much treated bad until she met her husband...

She couldve done very well in the US as an actor but was convinced not to go during the writers strike in the US.

Not a huge fan of Justine but it ws a nice interview and I agree, I think she couldve done very well as an Actor in the US, IMO much better than the others who made the move

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

❤️

Trust Roo to ruin the photo ?

Nicolle looks great. So nice to see her. I hope the producers made her return worthwhile 

Nice interview with Nicolle here, she says she wasn’t getting acting jobs which is really surprising 

https://thewest.com.au/entertainment/tv/bad-girl-bobby-returns-to-home-and-away-ng-b88895511z

On 16/07/2018 at 02:55, Summer's Bay said:

Yeah...not sure if I can accept that explaination. Sounds like he was being prejudice based on his own beliefs which had nothing to do with his experience in Vietnam, unless he mentioned that in his explanation . 

It's quite common for prejudice against "the enemy" to stem from military service - certainly a plausible explanation as to why someone would be prejudiced against one ethnic group, not another. Having said that, I would expect Alf not to like Roo's suitor because he wasn't good enough for his little girl, rather than his race

I could be remembering wrong, but it wasn't so much his race that Alf had a problem with, it was the concept of a mixed-race relationship and the possibility of a child being born to mixed-race parents (should things go that far). It was something that wasn't done in Alf's day and he had trouble getting his head round it. It seems ridiculous now and like a total non-issue, but it's easy to forget that mixed-race relationships and mixed-race babies were a big taboo at one time. I could be remembering wrong but I'm sure Alf finally explained that's what his issue was, rather than a specific dislike of David because of his race.

Why was none of this mentioned during Roo's relationship with Frank and supposed pregnancy to him? Who knows. I'd have to watch the David story again to see if that's even mentioned but I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from working in PR do we know what else Roo was doing the the US? Did she explain why she never had more children? 

Do we know what she was doing in the city? Was she working at Macklins? 

Was it ever explained where Celia got the money to buy Ailsa’s shop?

The woman Greg had an affair with, what led up to it?

Why did Sam call Donald his Uncle but didn’t call Pippa Auntie?

8 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Aside from working in PR do we know what else Roo was doing the the US? Did she explain why she never had more children? 

Do we know what she was doing in the city? Was she working at Macklins? 

Was it ever explained where Celia got the money to buy Ailsa’s shop?

The woman Greg had an affair with, what led up to it?

Why did Sam call Donald his Uncle but didn’t call Pippa Auntie?

Roo did fall pregnant again but in her late 40s but lost it

Beats me. He knew Don wasn't his Gramps and he never called Bobby "Mum" in the same way Sal never called Pip and Tom "Mum and Dad". Don seemed to go along with as did everyone. He wasn't as close with Pippa at the start but was reasonably toward the end of her original run.

Greg basically probably thought he was in a rut/not getting any at home and Fiona came into town, working as Don's housekeeper. They were friendly at first as Greg helped find Fiona's toddler son, Toby when he went missing in the supermarket car park. Then temptation came up. Nick, and later Damian caught them

Celia probably had a bit tucked away or Ailsa wanted to make a quick sale as she was potential doing a legger to Singapore after the whole killing her dad thing and offloaded it at the best price for a quick sale.

I'm sure it was Don's idea to be called Uncle Donald. Didn't he object to being called Granddad?

It's important to note that Greg didn't instantly think "Affair opportunity" when he first met Fiona. In fact he was going to casually mention her to Bobby but Bobby interrupted him and then he never got around to it. Of course he did then  have an affair, which was wrong. I'm just saying it wasn't his agenda to be sneaky.

I thought it was Bobby that started calling him "Uncle Donald" with Sam. I guess when she fostered Sam, he needed to call Don something since he'd be seeing him all the time, and "Donald" or "Mr Fisher" wasn't really appropriate given that Bobby called him Dad, so that seemed like the best bet.

I guess Roo never had anyone to have children with, she didn't seem to have a stable relationship while she was out there (at least not after Frank).

Archived