Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dan F said:

Bertram sent a card for Duncan’s christening in 1989, he was still living with Colleen at the time and was the reason why Colleen didn’t have the room to put Viv up.

I’m confused, was he living with Colleen in the mobile home? How did they end up living together ? 

I really wish wish I could be more involved in discussions here pertaining to the recent product but I have no desire to know about anyone other than the actors from the early years...is this wrong? Does anyone else feel the same? 

No he was living in the Smart House. 

Lance's mobile home was a 2 room joint  at best. Marty wound up on the couch for a while while Viv occupied his room until Don took her in. This was the whole bogus story about Viv being Colleen's niece before the truth came out. 

Basically after Nuttergate, Colleen offered Bertram presumably Lance's old room as he was rattling around in an old house on his own (and inadvertently scared the bejesus out of Carly when he was found lumbering around the bay)

38 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

No he was living in the Smart House. 

Lance's mobile home was a 2 room joint  at best. Marty wound up on the couch for a while while Viv occupied his room until Don took her in. This was the whole bogus story about Viv being Colleen's niece before the truth came out. 

Basically after Nuttergate, Colleen offered Bertram presumably Lance's old room as he was rattling around in an old house on his own (and inadvertently scared the bejesus out of Carly when he was found lumbering around the bay)

I wonder what happened to Mr Bertram when Colleen move to Carins. 

On 09/07/2018 at 08:22, Summer's Bay said:

I find it odd they Alf had a problem with Roo dating an Asian guy but she didn’t have a problem with Frank who is of Greek decent

Alf fought in vietnam - makes sense he'd have more problem with Asians than Europeans. And Frank was pretty Australianised

5 hours ago, harrietjames said:

Alf fought in vietnam - makes sense he'd have more problem with Asians than Europeans. And Frank was pretty Australianised

Huh? Not sure What does that has to do with anything. Iirc, the Asian guy Roo dated was also very Australianised and a Dr, a very respectable profession. Unless Alf gave that as a reason why.

1 hour ago, harrietjames said:

If he was going to be against a particular race, it would likely be the race that was shooting at him during the war.

Yeah...not sure if I can accept that explaination. Sounds like he was being prejudice based on his own beliefs which had nothing to do with his experience in Vietnam, unless he mentioned that in his explanation . 

Archived