Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I know Duncan's age was jiggled. He was born in 1989 during the show run but this was altered to 1986. Corrie did this with the Barlow twins in the late 1970s.

I think this was okay, because Martha was also aged, she was born in 1988, but when she arrived in 2005, significantly older than 17. Martha and Duncan being in the same family but aging at a similar rate is okay. 

The worst one for me is Olivia and VJ. Olivia was born on screen in 1998, now in 2018, she should have turned 20. VJ, however was born on screen too, in 2001. They aged him but not Olivia, and then they went to school together. I believe it's nearly a 4 year age gap actually considering she was born in early 98, and him in the 2001 finale. That's been the most obvious continuity blip for me. 

6 hours ago, jrobertshk said:

The worst one for me is Olivia and VJ. Olivia was born on screen in 1998, now in 2018, she should have turned 20. VJ, however was born on screen too, in 2001. They aged him but not Olivia, and then they went to school together. I believe it's nearly a 4 year age gap actually considering she was born in early 98, and him in the 2001 finale. That's been the most obvious continuity blip for me. 

They actually de-aged Olivia (having previously aged her up in 2005, when she and VJ were on the show together and she was about five years older than him), with her not turning 18 until 2017.

On 25/10/2018 at 12:42, Homeandawayfan. said:

I know Duncan's age was jiggled. He was born in 1989 during the show run but this was altered to 1986. Corrie did this with the Barlow twins in the late 1970s.

Fortunately, they're bit more consistent these days. Peter's confirmed his age on more than one occasion

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

When Pippa left Summer Bay to marry yet again, how old was Sally? Was she old enough to be living by herself?

What happened to Bob Barnett's son?

Don't think it was ever said that Pippa got married, but Sally would have been about 18/19 and did move out soon afterwards.

No idea.He just stopped appearing after his stay with the Fletchers, even though Bob was still on the show into 1989.

Archived