Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, harrietjames said:

She has 51 acting credits according to IMDB over 25 years. Angel was only one of these - a drop in the ocean - insignificant in comparison to all the other roles. Angel was a popular character, thought it seems less popular with the Early Years viewers on here, but was not the star of the show - whereas she has since played lead characters. If her career went bad, talking about home and away wouldn't actually help her. She's be better off to talk about one of the other 50 preferentially. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0313534/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Most people watching her being interviewed now days wouldn't care about Angel - they'd care about the current project, it's not as if they can watch Angel on TV anywhere. Fans who only care about Angel really need to get over it. There have been other characters to love since then. If you've only liked Angel It's been more than 20 years - move on.

Any decent interviewer would have sensed she was uncomfortable talking about it and moved on, before the melt down. They should have been upfront and said we're interviewing you about H&A rather than misleading her and asking her on the show about McHappy Day. I think the interviewer was a fault, more than Melissa.

Unfortunately you are not in the position to dictate this

1 hour ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

So she has the right to treat H&A fans like something she stepped in? I DON'T think so!

Take a chill pill.

Based on the quote from that interview, she didn't treat the fans badly. She had a go at the media not the fans.

Unless you consider the fans being so entitled that they expect h&a comments during unrelated interviews... if they are the sort of person that wants to bleed someone dry like that then I'm not sure those fans deserve to be treated well...

34 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

This seems like this was on the Interviewer.

What I've been saying.

6 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Kylie Minogue seems to have the same view over Neighbours, she seems to want to forget her roots.

I do feel that Melissa does seem to treat her H&A days with contempt.

Also ancient history

If you read the twitter quotes in one of my previous posts, it's simply not true that she treats those days with contempt.

6 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Unfortunately you are not in the position to dictate this

And neither are you to dictate the alternate stance.

Not sure about Kylie, she does embrace her roots a bit more than she used to. Early into her post-Nabes career, it was like she was trying to wash off the stink and distance herself away from the show but it seems like she's come to terms with it more than in recent years, despite saying she would be "Too old to play Charlene".

1 hour ago, harrietjames said:

Take a chill pill.

Based on the quote from that interview, she didn't treat the fans badly. She had a go at the media not the fans.

Unless you consider the fans being so entitled that they expect h&a comments during unrelated interviews... if they are the sort of person that wants to bleed someone dry like that then I'm not sure those fans deserve to be treated well...

What I've been saying.

Also ancient history

If you read the twitter quotes in one of my previous posts, it's simply not true that she treats those days with contempt.

And neither are you to dictate the alternate stance.

The difference between what I said and what you are saying is, an actors career can spiral downwards with their last bad performance. Acknowledging ones roots and and understanding the magnitude of a character that had an impact on people's lives goes a long way especially when as an actor, she is yet to be acknowledged as an elite amongst her peers...in USA

The interesting thing is if she did answer the Home and Away questions, it would be less of a big deal than she made it but like I said, I do hope her career progresses to the point that she will never need to beg anyone to ask her about Home and Away or need the support of her country.

10 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

If Melissa George did still respect and love her H&A days, I doubt she would return now as the show has changed completely since she left in 1996. During the Shangel years in 1993-1996 H&A was one of the most watched shows on British TV. H&A was the launching pad for Melissa's career.

That right there is what this discussion is about. There are many talented people who never forget what catapulted them to stardom. It really wouldn't hurt for her to take a few seconds to acknowledge it but like I said, I hope her career progresses to the point that she will never ever need to address Home and Away again.

Would be interesting to know if there are other Home and Away actors who feel the same as Melissa.

Excerpt of an interview I found

She gained a reputation for being ashamed of her soap past after an infamous appearance on Channel Seven's Mornings show three years ago.

But now Melissa George has confirmed that she has 'made peace' with her humble beginnings on Home and Away as she returns to Australia to promote her new NBC medical drama Heartbeat.

'My true love is my country, it really is,' the 39-year-old told The Daily Telegraph's Holly Byrnes, before adding: 'I’ve never forgotten where I’m from, where I started or anything like that.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3500203/Melissa-George-admits-s-peace-humble-beginnings-Home-Away-promotes-new-role-drama.html#ixzz4zZo

By the way, "Heartbeat" was canceled after one season 

7 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

The difference between what I said and what you are saying is, an actors career can spiral downwards with their last bad performance. Acknowledging ones roots and and understanding the magnitude of a character that had an impact on people's lives goes a long way especially when as an actor, she is yet to be acknowledged as an elite amongst her peers...in USA

The interesting thing is if she did answer the Home and Away questions, it would be less of a big deal than she made it but like I said, I do hope her career progresses to the point that she will never need to beg anyone to ask her about Home and Away or need the support of her country.

That right there is what this discussion is about. There are many talented people who never forget what catapulted them to stardom. It really wouldn't hurt for her to take a few seconds to acknowledge it but like I said, I hope her career progresses to the point that she will never ever need to address Home and Away again.

Would be interesting to know if there are other Home and Away actors who feel the same as Melissa.

You write I hope her career progresses failing to acknowledge it already has - she has a successful career. And as home and away fan states one she can't really go back to Angel. If she had a bad role would going back to Angel save her career? NO.  More likely her career would regress to guest character  spots in the US.

The idea that she won't talk about Angel is actually wrong. She did a previous interview shortly before  and spoke about it. You're taking a bad reaction to a nasty interview that was justified in the context of the nastiness as not acknowledging her roots. That's not true.

23 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Excerpt of an interview I found

She gained a reputation for being ashamed of her soap past after an infamous appearance on Channel Seven's Mornings show three years ago.

As this says One bad interview. And it was justified.

8 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

You write I hope her career progresses failing to acknowledge it already has - she has a successful career. And as home and away fan states one she can't really go back to Angel. If she had a bad role would going back to Angel save her career? NO.  More likely her career would regress to guest character  spots in the US.

The idea that she won't talk about Angel is actually wrong. She did a previous interview shortly before  and spoke about it. You're taking a bad reaction to a nasty interview that was justified in the context of the nastiness as not acknowledging her roots. That's not true.

Im sorry but there is no justifying what was said and I didn't say she needs to go back to Home and Away, just not be rude when asked...because she will be asked

"Successful career" is a matter of personal opinion. Her most recent main staring role show was canceled after one season of failing viewership. Actresses in the US are a dime a dozen so it make sense for Melissa to backtrack and talk about how much she loves her country 

What are some of your favourite episodes/scenes from 1988-1993? 

One of my favourite episodes 164..for obvious reasons (see my avatar :) )

I enjoyed the scene (I don't recall the episode number) at Alf's  house (after the family came home to find Roos wedding dress ripped)  with Alf/Morag/Lance/Martin

I don't recall the episode number but the scene where Bobby told Frank she loved him after he tore up the wedding gifts. I'm sure a few of us can relate to this(☹️) that scene, the music, the emotion is just perfect.

Ill add more as I remember 

Do we know if any of the cast read or post on the forum?

Archived