Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

If you're after a fan fiction featuring early characters, might be worth checking out this one. Might also be worth checking the Fan Fiction Index to see if anything catches your attention: There is a Old Characters section in there, but most of them were written by me featuring the late 90s cast...

Thanks! I'll check it out. 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why was 8/9 year old Sally always allowed to roam around Summer Bay unsupervised??

Why was 15 year Steven often allowed to drink Champagne??

Why was everyone allowed to put their feet (with shoes on) on the bed/chairs? ?

What happened to Bob Barnetts son?

What was Bobby's relationship like with Tom when Frank left? I know she was living with Don so I assume she saw him more as her father? 

33 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Why was 8/9 year old Sally always allowed to roam around Summer Bay unsupervised??

Why was 15 year Steven often allowed to drink Champagne??

Why was everyone allowed to put their feet (with shoes on) on the bed/chairs? ?

What happened to Bob Barnetts son?

What was Bobby's relationship like with Tom when Frank left? I know she was living with Don so I assume she saw him more as her father? 

1. Small-ass town, People knew each other and there was a good chance someone she knew would see her right? It wasn't the 2010s H&A.

2. Sometimes people's folks let teens have a small sip. It's not like Tom cracked a Tinnie with him while they watch the footy or they got into the good scotch

3. Beats me.

4. Barnett presumably left town and took Craig with him after Hale took over as Sarge.

5. Still close enough. She WAS in the car after all when Tom had a heart attack at the wheel and died. 

As for the stairs, Oh, When DIDN'T we hear people stomping up   stomping up and down  the stairs? (Of the early years, I think the heaviest feet belong to Carly and Jack lol)

6 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

1. Small-ass town, People knew each other and there was a good chance someone she knew would see her right? It wasn't the 2010s H&A.

2. Sometimes people's folks let teens have a small sip. It's not like Tom cracked a Tinnie with him while they watch the footy or they got into the good scotch

3. Beats me.

4. Barnett presumably left town and took Craig with him after Hale took over as Sarge.

5. Still close enough. She WAS in the car after all when Tom had a heart attack at the wheel and died. 

As for the stairs, Oh, When DIDN'T we hear people stomping up   stomping up and down  the stairs? (Of the early years, I think the heaviest feet belong to Carly and Jack lol)

I must have terrible hearing, I haven't heart anyone going up and down the stairs in the Fletcher house lol

I get it, small town but still...kind of dangerous for a young child to be roaming around. ?

If I recall correctly, Steven had more than a sip on a few occasions lol

I saw the funniest thing recently that I hadn't noticed before. The episode where some summer bay residents were in the Macklin office putting together a game plan for Gerry Samuels, on the white board they listed things Gerry had done. One of the things, "Flattened Steven" omg, I rewound that several times and couldn't stop laughing. 

That is pretty funny but nowhere as funny as Philip's Outlandish Story/Dream sequence  to Celia about what "really" happened on the clifftop

Philip: I warned, you, dude. Summer Bay ain't big enough for the both of us! Now you're Seagull meat!

Gary: We'll see who's Seagull Meat.

[Campest punching ever, Cut to Phil swinging straw Dummy by the heels over the cliff into the sea]

Gary: *voice* Aaaaah!  

Philip: So long, you no-good, yellow-bellied son of a rattlesnake...

It's nice to know this show could take the **** out of itself when a murder investigation is going on!:lol:

What makes it funny is how intentionally low-budget that sequence was and that "dramatic" music before the confrontation

24 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

That is pretty funny but nowhere as funny as Philip's Outlandish Story/Dream sequence  to Celia about what "really" happened on the clifftop

Philip: I warned, you, dude. Summer Bay ain't big enough for the both of us! Now you're Seagull meat!

Gary: We'll see who's Seagull Meat.

[Campest punching ever, Cut to Phil swinging straw Dummy by the heels over the cliff into the sea]

Gary: *voice* Aaaaah!  

Philip: So long, you no-good, yellow-bellied son of a rattlesnake...

It's nice to know this show could take the **** out of itself when a murder investigation is going on!:lol:

What makes it funny is how intentionally low-budget that sequence was and that "dramatic" music before the confrontation

Haha! Yes! I remember this 

I mentioned earlier that for the first time I watched some episodes in the 6000's. Was it ever explained why there is a photo of Frank on the desk in the caravan park? I noticed it when Morag was sitting at the desk writing something.

Who owns the caravan park? Did Pippa sell it or were the other occupants just renting?

What happened to Lance's mobile home? 

Pippa sold the caravan park way back in 1999.Who owns it now...isn't entirely clear.Probably either Sally or Alf, maybe Roo as well... (To be as unconfusing as possible, Sally owned it, then she put it up for sale because she needed the money, Alf, Roo and Marilyn tried to buy it together and were getting the money, then Sally got some money another way and left and it was never really made clear whether or not the sale happened.)

Colleen lived in Lance's mobile home when she came back to the Bay in the late 90s.Technically I think that one was demolished around 2003 but she was soon living in another one on the same site.

Archived