Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

24 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Yep but a bit tamer. Some of this stuff he's done would make Jim and Helen spin in their graves (well the later was cremated! ?)

Karl and Susan separated AGAIN in 2011 but reunited in 2013. Karl did affairs before this, Sarah (1997-99, Two kisses and a one-nighter, which was sandwiched between the two kisses ?) and Izzy (2004, which did for Marriage #1)

Harold moved away in 2009, came back in 2011 and got married. Returned for 30th Ann, Marriage had since collapsed, saw Madge's ghost, Got an invite from a visibly Pregnant Sky over Skype to join her up north.

Tom Oliver cut back on his schedule and Lou was in and out of it. Last time he was seen, he reconciled with Mrs Carpenter #1, Kathy (mother of Guy and Lauren) and this was last year at Brad and Lauren's wedding.

And if Alan Dale is in Dynasty, odds are his character may catch a heart attack! (Neighbours, The OC and Ugly Betty)

What happened to Joe Mangel and Toby? I remember Joe got remarried then they both disappeared.

I never watched the Flying Doctors, how is Alex Papps in that? 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe married Melanie and they took off to London after Mrs Mangel fell ill and stayed a year leaving Toby with Dorothy. They returned and settled in Darwin at the start of 1993 and sent for Tobes and Bouncer (whose great-great -great-add another great or two grandpuppy B2 currently makes recurring appearences with her owner Hilary, who resides in the old folks home in Eden Hills) but Joe and Melanie's marriage broke down within 3yrs and she moved to London and he took Toby and Sky to WA where Sky remained until age 16 when she went live with Hazza. Off-screen Toby grew up to become a farmer.

Joe himself returned in 2005 for the 20th Ann celebrations of the series and Sky's 18th. He clashed with Janelle Timmins, Toadie's aunt, whose son Dylan dated Sky. And he was also engaged to Lyn (whose other Joe had since left) but that came to nothing as Mark Little and the producers didn't see eye to eye (He was gonna stay 6 months but only ended up staying 4).

Never really saw Flying Docs properly skimmed a few online to see which Neighbours and H&A folk guested or were regulars

5 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Joe married Melanie and they took off to London after Mrs Mangel fell ill and stayed a year leaving Toby with Dorothy. They returned and settled in Darwin at the start of 1993 and sent for Tobes and Bouncer (whose great-great -great-add another great or two grandpuppy B2 currently makes recurring appearences with her owner Hilary, who resides in the old folks home in Eden Hills) but Joe and Melanie's marriage broke down within 3yrs and she moved to London and he took Toby and Sky to WA where Sky remained until age 16 when she went live with Hazza. Off-screen Toby grew up to become a farmer.

Joe himself returned in 2005 for the 20th Ann celebrations of the series and Sky's 18th. He clashed with Janelle Timmins, Toadie's aunt, whose son Dylan dated Sky. And he was also engaged to Lyn (whose other Joe had since left) but that came to nothing as Mark Little and the producers didn't see eye to eye (He was gonna stay 6 months but only ended up staying 4).

Never really saw Flying Docs properly skimmed a few online to see which Neighbours and H&A folk guested or were regulars

Greg Marshall reminded me of a poor man's Joe Mangel but at least Joe was very likeable. 

Yikes, I didn't know that Madge passed away.

Did Neighbours do better than Home and Away in terms of the continuity of characters/Storlines? Did Scott or Charlene (probably not Jason or Kylie) appear again or where they ever mentioned? 

I posted the list below in @Homeandawayfan. thread on unpopular characters,/characters you dislike. I think the list is relevant here. 

Roo Stewart- I think this is pretty self explanatory. I dislike Justine Clark full stop. However, the fact that I dislike her proves how good an actress she really is. 

Greg Marshall- A selfish opportunist. I never believed he 100% loved Bobby, in my opinion it was just a convenient situation for him. 

Sam Marshall- Irritating little boy who asked too many questions when adults were talking.

Ailsa Stewart- She was OK but I found her advise to be obnoxious. At times she was also a bit self righteous

Adam - Useless character and killer

That one Doctor who delivered babies and operated on Alan Fisher. He violated patient/ Dr confidentiality by telling Roo about Pippa's issues during childbirth. Should be fired

Debra's Pippa - Comes across as very cold, a bit sanctimonious and somewhat irritating 

Michael Ross- Iritating angry little man

Stacey Macklin - Irritating and sanctimonious. Who wears shoulder pads to work out? 

Phillip Matheson- Perculiar man with an odd walk.

Geoff Lime -Irritating man and a complete insult that Bobby would even consider dating him on the rebound.

Irene Roberts -Annoying 

Donald Fisher's niece and her policeman boyfriend-Both annoying 

Grant Mitchell- Irritating and such an unnecessary character.

Marilyn- I found her to be very irritating. In my opinion Narelle was better at that same role 

Donald Fisher- I Disliked him in the early years, he was the male version of Celia, interfering in situations that didn't need him. 

Leah- She irritated me in Heartbreak high, I felt she over acted and the few newer episodes of Home and Away, I watched, she appears to be doing the same 

Shane Parrish- He always looked like he was irritated with himself, saving us all the trouble.

Madge died of Pancreatic Cancer in 2001. Her death episode was pretty moving. With Harold at her side along foster children Tad Reeves (Toadie's Cousin, looked a bit like Macaulay Culkin) and Paul McClain (A guy they fostered in late 1997 and stuck around for a few years).

Scott and Charlene's Son Daniel, born offscreen 1992, played by Tim Phillips was a regular for 2yrs, on his debut he was rocking their wedding song in his car! ?

Last year, His sis, Madison rocked up the day he was fitting to leave and mirroring their parents first meeting since childhood, She tried to sneak into Number 24 while no-one was home, he mistook her for a burglar and got clocked, in the same spot, no less! ??

S&C got mentioned a billion times since leaving. Scott even made a phone call (stock chipmunk sound effect noises) to chew Paul out for messing with Madison's career.

Yes. Greg Marshall sucked. Even into 2000 when He came back.

Neighbours is a bit better continuity but some things are just plain contrived.

Geoff was the lesser of the two post-Frank evils. At least he wasn't as deceptive/possessive/violent as Chris.

21 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Madge died of Pancreatic Cancer in 2001. Her death episode was pretty moving. With Harold at her side along foster children Tad Reeves (Toadie's Cousin, looked a bit like Macaulay Culkin) and Paul McClain (A guy they fostered in late 1997 and stuck around for a few years).

Scott and Charlene's Son Daniel, born offscreen 1992, played by Tim Phillips was a regular for 2yrs, on his debut he was rocking their wedding song in his car! ?

Last year, His sis, Madison rocked up the day he was fitting to leave and mirroring their parents first meeting since childhood, She tried to sneak into Number 24 while no-one was home, he mistook her for a burglar and got clocked, in the same spot, no less! ??

S&C got mentioned a billion times since leaving. Scott even made a phone call (stock chipmunk sound effect noises) to chew Paul out for messing with Madison's career.

Geoff was the lesser of the two post-Frank evils. At least he wasn't as deceptive/possessive/violent as Chris.

Nice! 

I'm sorry but Geoff was horrible. He looked about 10 years older than Bobby and probably no smarter than Lance. There is no way Bobby would've been happy with him at all...then she found the slightly upgraded version in Greg ?

Im surprised the writers allowed Bobby/Chris to develop so fast. That storyline made no sense in the grand scheme but I get it, (I assume) Bobby was trying to move on after getting the divorce papers but if anything she should've dated Grant since they were already friendly. 

1999 Adam was even worse.

Lucinda and Nick were boring af together, thank god for Ryan in 2nd stint. Lou alone was insufferable.

Shane got my nerves at first but rooted fot him against Tug.

Michael in 1994 is hard to watch especially taking the moral high ground as the family's deby is his fault.

Sam does improve a bit when he becomes teen but turns into an arse on one of his 2000 returns shortly after leaving.

Stacey was pretty much an "80s corp chick".

Don was supposed to be detestable but once Alan died he became a more sympathetic character.

Doc Bruce was a bit of a nothing character anyhow.

1 hour ago, Summer's Bay said:

Nice! 

I'm sorry but Geoff was horrible. He looked about 10 years older than Bobby and probably no smarter than Lance. There is no way Bobby would've been happy with him at all...then she found the slightly upgraded version in Greg ?

Im surprised the writers allowed Bobby/Chris to develop so fast. That storyline made no sense in the grand scheme but I get it, (I assume) Bobby was trying to move on after getting the divorce papers but if anything she should've dated Grant since they were already friendly. 

??? Swear you did that on purpose!

Danny was only really a threat to Morag plus himself, also fashion. ???

The actor played him rocked up on an Early ep of Round the Twist in the same sorta getup ?

26 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Let us not forget Danny

Good to hear. Some things have no explanation at all and sort of ruins the storyline

-What happened to the bear Alan left for Bobby?

-If Bobby and Frank's belongings were lost in the fire, how come she still had her wedding photo album when he turned up?

-What happened to Bobby's things when Greg left? 

-How did Bobby end up with the photo of Frank when that same photo was in Pippa's photo album

-Why wasn't Carly and Steven at Bobby's funeral or even mentioned?

-If the city isn't too far, why did Roo return for Duncan's christening but not Barbara?

-What possessed Pippa to wear that wedding dress ?

I watched some of the episode where the actor who played Alan Fisher return...didn't Alf recognise his nephew since they had a scene together? 

2 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Beats me. Stock answer to all the above!

I imagine Most of Bobby's stuff went to the Cancer/Brain/Homeless/Salvos/Insert Charity.

"-Why wasn't Carly and Steven at Bobby's funeral or even mentioned?,

This made no sense at all. Carly turned up for Steven and Sally, Steven and Frank turned up for Sally yet none of them turned up for Bobby or were even mentioned.

I still find it really odd that Frank didn't mention Bobby at all in his returning scenes, like they never happened.

Am I the only one who noticed that David Lee, Frank and Brett all wore the same Green shirt with blue stripes? I am going to assume it's the same shirt since Bobby wore Frank's shirts

If Brett lived above the Macklin office, when Bobby tipped the flowers and water on his head, why did he have to get that green shirt with blue stripes dry cleaned and put it back on again? Why didn't he just go upstairs and get a different shirt? 

I hate that I notice way too many things now that I'm rewatching Home and Away as an adult ☹️

41 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

1999 Adam was even worse.

Lucinda and Nick were boring af together, thank god for Ryan in 2nd stint. Lou alone was insufferable.

Shame got my nerves at first but rooted fot him against Tug.

Michael in 1994 is hard to watch especially taking the moral high ground as the family's deby is his fault.

Sam does improve a bit when he becomes teen but turns into an arse on one of his 2000 returns shortly after leaving.

Stacey was pretty much an "80s corp chick".

Don was supposed to be detestable but once Alan died he became a more sympathetic character.

Doc Bruce was a bit of a nothing character anyhow.

??? Swear you did that on purpose!

Danny was only really a threat to Morag plus himself, also fashion. ???

The actor played him rocked up on an Early ep of Round the Twist in the same sorta getup ?

He went from being detestable to being the male version of Celia. Do you remember why he started fostering? 

Do you recall the time Frank was in hospital and he told Martin the nurse was married to the captain of the Yabbie Creek football team? I recall an episode months later where the writers forgot this and said the Captain only had a girlfriend 

I hate that I notice way too many things now that I'm rewatching Home and Away as an adult ☹️

Archived