Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

39 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

It was more ranking in order of impressiveness - than minimising them - and I'll add that the best actress is more impressive than best new comer because you're beating a pool of better candidates. It was good at the time, but she's gone on to bigger and better things. How many roles did she get because of H&A as opposed to how many because the was in Friends, In Treatment, Grey's Anatomy, The Slap, etc. I would think that she has more roles because of other work not just Angel. She's also an inventor and has made more money from that than acting. Interestingly, Alex mentioned home and away but not Henderson Kids 2 which he won his Logie for.

Fans are important but... Those fans interested in the current work are far more important that fans only interested in the old work. Those that buy tickets to her latest movie are much more important that those who love to remember how sad it was when Shane died.

Think of something you were proud of at the time, but are now less proud of it, because you've had way better achievements and that is what it is like for her.

The interviews I've seen, while promoting Play School,  Alex is asked about Home and Away and Henderson Kids 2, more so the former and doesn't give the impression that he is annoyed about being ask about either.

I thought Alex won the Logie for Home and Away? 

32 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

I didn't say they didn't count - but the ones who are paying her salary NOW count more than the one who paid it in back '94. Mind you, If her former fans are now haters, they no longer get to claim fan's rights. I'm just trying to answer the question that was asked but if you're not interested in the answer and don't care about another perspective...

That is great but if your salary is being paid for you to act in a show where your viewer/fans have no interest, what is the likelihood that you will still have projects in the pipeline? 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

The interviews I've seen, while promoting Play School,  Alex is asked about Home and Away and Henderson Kids 2, more so the former and doesn't give the impression that he is annoyed about being ask about either.

I thought Alex won the Logie for Home and Away? 

That is great but if your salary is being paid for you to act in a show where your viewer/fans have no interest, what is the likelihood that you will still have projects in the pipeline? 

Were the interviews after Melissa's and he's learnt from the backlash she copped?

MAYBE if she hadn't been such a snobby little princess on national TV more fans would care about her current work!

Nope,  I checked  before I posted - the Logie was Best new Talent for Henderson Kids.

True, if the show is a flop, that does threaten a future project. That's not relevant to this But there is a point where past projects are no longer relevant and Angel is long enough in the past that she is no longer relevant for Melissa George's career.  Yes, Angel fans may still love her, and the early years re-runs have re-ignited that love and brought it to a later generation. But their love doesn't pay the rent and she no longer owes them anything. Just like I owe nothing to my former employers.

Or do you think I owe maccas something because I spent money I earnt working for them to buy my text books to get a qualification which helped build my career?

30 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

Were the interviews after Melissa's and he's learnt from the backlash she copped?

Nope,  I checked  before I posted - the Logie was Best new Talent for Henderson Kids.

True, if the show is a flop, that does threaten a future project. That's not relevant to this But there is a point where past projects are no longer relevant and Angel is long enough in the past that she is no longer relevant for Melissa George's career.  Yes, Angel fans may still love her, and the early years re-runs have re-ignited that love and brought it to a later generation. But their love doesn't pay the rent and she no longer owes them anything. Just like I owe nothing to my former employers.

Or do you think I owe maccas something because I spent money I earnt working for them to buy my text books to get a qualification which helped build my career?

I for one have no interest in anything Melissa does now after her little tantrum and i'm not the only one either you can't treat your fans like crap!

33 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

I don't know when Melissa got the backlash, I did mention that I read that on this forum. I don't particularly care for her as an actress so I don't pay close attention to her career but The earliest interview I have seen since watching Home and Away again is dated 2008 and Alex didn't appear to mind being asked about Home and Away 

You probably know more than me but when I did a quick Google search, several results said Alex got the Logie for Home and Away

That's not relevant to this But there is a point where past projects are no longer relevant

Who dictates this? 

In my opinion you do, as insignificant a part they played...you earned money working there. The fact remains is that Home and away gave Melissa the platform and recognition to catapult her into other projects. A wee bit of gratitude wouldn't go amiss. If she answered the Home and Away question with gratitude, then she wouldn't have got any backlash so that wasn't very smart on her part. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

I for one have no interest in anything Melissa does now after her little tantrum and i'm not the only one either you can't treat your fans like crap!

I was actually going to spend this weekend watching her storyline on Home and Away, I won't be wasting time on that ?

She got the backlash literally right after the interview

2 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

I don't know when Melissa got the backlash, I did mention that I read that on this forum. I don't particularly care for her as an actress so I don't pay close attention to her career but The earliest interview I have seen since watching Home and Away again is dated 2008 and Alex didn't appear to mind being asked about Home and Away 

You probably know more than me but when I did a quick Google search, several results said Alex got the Logie for Home and Away

In my opinion you do, as insignificant a part they played...you earned money working there. The fact remains is that Home and away gave Melissa the platform and recognition to catapult her into other projects. A wee bit of gratitude wouldn't go amiss. If she answered the Home and Away question with gratitude, then she wouldn't have got any backlash so that wasn't very smart on her part. 

I was actually going to spend this weekend watching her storyline on Home and Away, I won't be wasting time on that ?

I meant anything new she does! :lol:

Archived