Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

Narelle was fun, her little audition to a song which was basically a lawyer-friendly version of  Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" (In melody at least)  was hilarious! :lol:

Let's not forget Bobby was basically "Damaged Goods". Rejected by her birth mother in order to save her career/marriage, Adopted by a Scumbag who beat her on an almost daily basis, Adoptive mother dying,  Despised by local deputy Principal/Undiscovered birth father, tossed school to start with and written off by everyone save for Alf, Ailsa, Neville and Matt before the Fletchers arrived. That'd knock anyone's confidence.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Narelle was fun, her little audition to a song which was basically a lawyer-friendly version of  Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" (In melody at least)  was hilarious! :lol:

Let's not forget Bobby was basically "Damaged Goods". Rejected by her birth mother in order to save her career/marriage, Adopted by a Scumbag who beat her on an almost daily basis, Adoptive mother dying,  Despised by local deputy Principal/Undiscovered birth father, tossed school to start with and written off by everyone save for Alf, Ailsa, Neville and Matt before the Fletchers arrived. That'd knock anyone's confidence.

Huh? What did Matt do? 

I really enjoyed Narelle, I liked her friendships with Bobby and Frank too. It's a shame she wasn't at their wedding, she genuinely liked Bobby and put how she felt for Frank aside.

I've been trying to find a longer version of Narelle's song. I love it! 

I understand Bobby being insecure in my opinion that is why she settled for Greg and was going to settle for Geoff.

Do we know why Nicolle chose to be killed off instead of leaving with the door open? 

I did  ask this earlier, not sure if it was seen or there is just no response. Has the "Have you ever been alone" theme been used for ROo since she has been back? 

Matt was one of the few people friendly towards Bobby at that time, having been childhood friends.

I think after 6yrs Nicolle was burned out, wanted to do something else and by this point had had her first son who was her main priority.

Narelle was last heard of when Bobby went up to see her in Queensland in 1990 .

30 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Matt was one of the few people friendly towards Bobby at that time, having been childhood friends.

I think after 6yrs Nicolle was burned out, wanted to do something else and by this point had had her first son who was her main priority.

Narelle was last heard of when Bobby went up to see her in Queensland in 1990 .

That's fine but I would love to know why she agreed to be killed off when she could've just been written off. Sounds like art was imitating life to me....

Do you recall why Bobby went to see Narelle? was there any mention of what Narelle was doing in Queensland?

7 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

That's fine but I would love to know why she agreed to be killed off when she could've just been written off. Sounds like art was imitating life to me....

Do you recall why Bobby went to see Narelle? was there any mention of what Narelle was doing in Queensland?

Nicole probably had no say in how she was written out.

Speaking of Don and Pippa as a couple, hypothetically what might have happened if something had eventuated from those dates, if Pippa had married Donald instead of Michael. Would we have lost Don 7 years earlier in the 1996 floods or would the producers have been more reluctant to kill off an original?

And regarding Bobby and Frank's marriage, I have to say I don't think the writers changed history by having Bobby say Frank never loved her. I honestly don't think they reached real love - but that was the draw of the storyline, the honesty of it. It was no-one's fault, perhaps they rushed into things while they were still infatuated. If Alex Papps had decided to stay longer I'm sure it would've developed into a stronger relationship, I imagine it was the writers' intention to set them up as a golden couple.

Sorry if it's an unpopular opinion but I preferred Frank with Roo - although I also think Roo could do better than Frank. Sorry, but I was never a fan of Frank in relationships, I just don't think he was very good at them.

14 hours ago, Spinach said:

Speaking of Don and Pippa as a couple, hypothetically what might have happened if something had eventuated from those dates, if Pippa had married Donald instead of Michael. Would we have lost Don 7 years earlier in the 1996 floods or would the producers have been more reluctant to kill off an original?

And regarding Bobby and Frank's marriage, I have to say I don't think the writers changed history by having Bobby say Frank never loved her. I honestly don't think they reached real love - but that was the draw of the storyline, the honesty of it. It was no-one's fault, perhaps they rushed into things while they were still infatuated. If Alex Papps had decided to stay longer I'm sure it would've developed into a stronger relationship, I imagine it was the writers' intention to set them up as a golden couple.

Sorry if it's an unpopular opinion but I preferred Frank with Roo - although I also think Roo could do better than Frank. Sorry, but I was never a fan of Frank in relationships, I just don't think he was very good at them.

Not  sure if I agree with this. I mentioned earlier that I think what Carly said about Frank needing to marry a wife who fits in with his goals in life is what broke them up but let us not forget that Bobby made the decision easier with her insecurities. Frank wanting to see if the grass is greener on the other side then eventually finding out it wasn't. 

The outcome of Frank and Roo's relationship is what I expected anyway. Roo wanted the Brett Macklin type, she always has. It was more of a physical attraction between Frank and Roo and from the sounds of it, Roo was Franks first sexual experience. On the surface, Roo fit in where Bobby didn't but I don't believe Frank loved Roo as much as he loved Bobby. He admitted to Ailsa that she was the best thing to ever happen to him but he threw it away for a chance to be a hot shot executive. 

The reason I said the writers attempted to change history is,  Frank told Bobby on two separate occasions that he wasn't interested in her romantically and by the time  he chose to rush to be by her side when Alan was in the hospital, I don't think he had any feelings for Roo...but told Tom he married Bobby on the rebound. Bobby claimed that Frank never loved her but I think that was again her insecurities when it was very clear that he did. 

Ideally Frank should've come back when Bobby found out about Gregs affair and left with her thus leaving the door open for her to return in the future.

I read somewhere very recently (after I made my comments earlier in this thread) that Alex Papps said his relationship with Bobby was more genuine than his relationship with Roo and I agree. The seed for Frank and Bobby getting together was being planted long before they got together. 

Sorry, but I was never a fan of Frank in relationships, I just don't think he was very good at them.

Well we only saw Frank with Roo and Bobby, I think we would need to see Frank in another relationship to get a clearer picture. 

Interesting that Alex Papps keeps his private life very private, which is his perogative but interesting nonetheless.

Celia did get a love interest of sorts, a blind man named Nigel Taggart. And Much Much later when she returned in 2012-13 (a man named Sheldon Atkinson who  was a gambling addict) Barnett didn't like her like that,

Bobby took up North after an ambiguous doctor visit after feeling run down at work and presumably confided in Narelle that she was pregnant (with Chris Reynolds' baby, no less) she was gone for about 2 weeks. (Presumably to cover ND ltaking time off for her wedding to James Bell, who she is still with to this day)

Shoulder Pads were the  thing from about 1987-92 lol. Mum wore those :lol:

I wouldn't say Roo and Carly were friends as such. They just happened to occupy the same town, school, year and classes, plus they needed someone to fill the gaps left by Lyn (Permanent) and Matt (temporarily) in the credits.

"Have you ever been alone" (Instrumental)  Ironically was used when Frank returned in late '91.

Archived