Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

1 hour ago, Summer's Bay said:

For some reason the bold made me laugh!

Thanks! 

If Frank was 8 in the pilot in 1978, means he was born in 1970, the same year as Bobby but on the show, he is 2 years older? ?

Did Pippa actually have an affair or was it just rumored? 

I started watching the episodes of Bobby and Geoff Lime and this storyline confirms what I said about Bobby and Gregg.

Frank was confirmed as 19 in 1988 in several eps, so must have been collared by the copper and fostered by Tom and Pip shortly before his 9th birthday.    

Pip's "Affair" just was smalltown gosip... Q4 1989-Q1 1990 was a bizarre-ass time for the show. We had the ridiculous bunyip and shark attack/hunting stories. ...  Luckily things Iron themselves out by the time Sophie, Grant and Ben show up.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Frank was confirmed as 19 in 1988 in several eps, so must have been collared by the copper and fostered by Tom and Pip shortly before his 9th birthday.    

Pip's "Affair" just was smalltown gosip... Q4 1989-Q1 1990 was a bizarre-ass time for the show. We had the ridiculous bunyip and shark attack/hunting stories. ...  Luckily things Iron themselves out by the time Sophie, Grant and Ben show up.

Reading the episode recaps, I'm still trying to figure out Grant's relevance in the show. In general, Ive often found Craig McClachlan to be a peculiar actor. I wasn't much of a fan of his craft on Neighbours either.

Sophie and Adam are also two characters  I'm not really fond of. I could be wrong but At times I get the impression that Adam took over from Lance and Martin.

Since Roo returned, has the "Have you ever been alone" theme been used for any of her scenes?

3 hours ago, chair said:

When was Pippa was meant to have an affair?

Did Adam Willits date any of his co stars at any time in the show in real life?

Good question. I think there were a lot more relationships between the cast members than what is public knowledge. 

I reckon 7 wanted to a taste of some of the star power he had while playing Henry in Neighbours but I think Grant failed to meet expectations from the writers and he was gone as regular before the end of 1990 but made those two guest stints in 1991. I liked Craig in Neighbours, He was a key part of the original Golden Age of Neighbours (1986-90) and his character was linked to one of the show's two main families, The Ramsays  and he bounced off his Neighbours castmates pretty well and not just including the ones his on screen-family. Ironically,  Craig by the end of his stint was no longer enjoying playing Henry (His character did have a serious side; the whole Relationship with Bronwyn and being devastated when they couldn't get married and his departure scene set to Lynne Anderson's "Hold Me in Your Arms" where both Craig and co-star and later Rachel Friend probably give their best performance with some pretty convincing crying) 

Grant supposed to be an easy-going, laid-back sort. Basically a more competent Henry. His initial role was to fill the the void left by Andrew Foley (teacher/counsellor type) and they figured "let's get someone in young and hipper".  His main storylines were the Vicki nonsense, the relationship with Jane and Helping his sister beat her drug addiction.

Sophie showed so much promise at the start (having gone through the same crap as her adoptive Sister Bobby, the beatings at the hands of old man Simpson)  but was quite irritating in 1991 and 1992. That said I always found Rebekah sexy. That Polka Bikini wardrobe always had her wear (she did one publictity shot with it) and the Orange Swimsuit from the 1991 credits.:wub:  

Adam is a "Marmite" character, He was an okay guy to start with, turned into a major ass at the end of 1990/early '91,  redeemed himself in the crash that he had with Karen and David. He was introduced at a time when Lance and Martin were still around and their hijinks had almost run their course, he was basically needed as a buddy for Matt who did little but work in the diner and surf. They were supposed to be Lance and Martin with brains, albeit not that much. Adam in the back half of stint was comic relief.  The Bobby stuff was probably his biggest storyline. I'm glad he got a decent exit but his 1999 return just saw him go back into Douche mode when he was the manager of Bonza Burger.

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

I reckon 7 wanted to a taste of some of the star power he had while playing Henry in Neighbours but I think Grant failed to meet expectations from the writers and he was gone as regular before the end of 1990 but made those two guest stints in 1991. I liked Craig in Neighbours, He was a key part of the original Golden Age of Neighbours (1986-90) and his character was linked to one of the show's two main families, The Ramsays  and he bounced off his Neighbours castmates pretty well and not just including the ones his on screen-family. Ironically,  Craig by the end of his stint was no longer enjoying playing Henry (His character did have a serious side; the whole Relationship with Bronwyn and being devastated when they couldn't get married and his departure scene set to Lynne Anderson's "Hold Me in Your Arms" where both Craig and co-star and later Rachel Friend probably give their best performance with some pretty convincing crying) 

Grant supposed to be an easy-going, laid-back sort. Basically a more competent Henry. His initial role was to fill the the void left by Andrew Foley (teacher/counsellor type) and they figured "let's get someone in young and hipper".  His main storylines were the Vicki nonsense, the relationship with Jane and Helping his sister beat her drug addiction.

Sophie showed so much promise at the start (having gone through the same crap as her adoptive Sister Bobby, the beatings at the hands of old man Simpson)  but was quite irritating in 1991 and 1992. That said I always found Rebekah sexy. That Polka Bikini wardrobe always had her wear (she did one publictity shot with it) and the Orange Swimsuit from the 1991 credits.:wub:  

Adam is a "Marmite" character, He was an okay guy to start with, turned into a major ass at the end of 1990/early '91,  redeemed himself in the crash that he had with Karen and David. He was introduced at a time when Lance and Martin were still around and their hijinks had almost run their course, he was basically needed as a buddy for Matt who did little but work in the diner and surf. They were supposed to be Lance and Martin with brains, albeit not that much. Adam in the back half of stint was comic relief.  The Bobby stuff was probably his biggest storyline. I'm glad he got a decent exit but his 1999 return just saw him go back into Douche mode when he was the manager of Bonza Burger.

I am yet to watch the storyline with Mike from Neighbours. Guy is a great actor so I am expecting great things from his role in Home and Away.

I cant think off the top of my head but were there any actors from Home and Away that made the switch to Neighbours?

57 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

I am yet to watch the storyline with Mike from Neighbours. Guy is a great actor so I am expecting great things from his role in Home and Away.

I cant think off the top of my head but were there any actors from Home and Away that made the switch to Neighbours?

Richard Grieve who played Sam Kratz joined up as Lachlan Fraser i(late father of Olivia in the current product) s one example though it was a lot longer between appearances than Craig's.

Aside from Richard Grieve briefly going back for the 20th anniversary, we didn't have an ex-Home and Away regular turn up in Neighbours until Roger Oakley in 2008, prior to that if someone was in both shows they always went the other way.Since then, it seems like you can't move for them! (Rebekah Elmaloglou, Kip Gamblin, John Adam, Andrew Morley, Bob Morley, Paul O'Brien, Dieter Brummer...)

I watched episodes 5256 and 5257. This is the first time I'm seeing them and have some comments and questions :)

1- Cornelia France's is a phenomenal actress

2- What happened to Morag's hair?

3-I posed the question earlier, has Roo changed and based on what I saw, she is just like how she was pre giving Matha up for adoption. 

4-I'm not sure how I feel about Georgie Parker playing Roo, what is the general consensus about this? 

5- Is there some kind of love triangle with Roo and Marilyn?

6- Why did Marilyn and Donald divorce? 

7- The storyline/Actor inconsistencies that occured in the earlier days, is that still happening now? 

Last night I watched Five minutes of Infidelity starring Alex Papps and Jane from Neighbours, not a bad short movie to check out...has an interesting twist at the end. 

It was quite a shock seeing Jane in that role, she will always be "Plain Jane super brain and Mike's GF" to me. When I saw Alex, all I saw was Frank. Alex has an interesting aura around him, as Frank and as the character he played in FMOI, I get the impression that he plays characters that are very close to his own personal character and that is why he acts them out so well. 

8 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

5- Is there some kind of love triangle with Roo and Marilyn?

6- Why did Marilyn and Donald divorce

5. When Roo first returned she clicked with Marilyn's boyfriend Sid. Marilyn and Sid were already on the rocks at this point due to problems with Marylin wanting to adopt Nicole baby. Sid was really not that into the adoption  and Marliyn was getting really carried away with idea and  became little obsessive than Nichole ask for the baby back and Marilyn tried running away with th'se baby. Sid and Marilyn broke up very soon after this happened. Other than Sid and Roo being close I don't think they crossed the line while they were still together. Even after they broke up I don't think Sid and Roo ever officially got together.  So I don't think that was that much of a love triangle but Roo and Maryliyn butted heads for while when Roo first returned 

6. Don and Maryliyn broke up after the death of their baby son Byron. Maryliyn couldn't handle it and ran away. Few years later Don bump into Maryliyn in London and they spoke and admitted to each orher that they were not in love anymore 

9 hours ago, project90 said:

5. When Roo first returned she clicked with Marilyn's boyfriend Sid. Marilyn and Sid were already on the rocks at this point due to problems with Marylin wanting to adopt Nicole baby. Sid was really not that into the adoption  and Marliyn was getting really carried away with idea and  became little obsessive than Nichole ask for the baby back and Marilyn tried running away with th'se baby. Sid and Marilyn broke up very soon after this happened. Other than Sid and Roo being close I don't think they crossed the line while they were still together. Even after they broke up I don't think Sid and Roo ever officially got together.  So I don't think that was that much of a love triangle but Roo and Maryliyn butted heads for while when Roo first returned 

6. Don and Maryliyn broke up after the death of their baby son Byron. Maryliyn couldn't handle it and ran away. Few years later Don bump into Maryliyn in London and they spoke and admitted to each orher that they were not in love anymore 

Awesome, thank you! I didn't even know that Marilyn and Donald had a baby! 

When did Donald have a heart attack? 

I read that Greg remarried shortly after Bobby died, did he marry the woman he had an affair with? 

Archived