Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

1 minute ago, Summer's Bay said:

Awesome, thank you! I didn't even know that Marilyn and Donald had a baby! 

When did Donald have a heart attack? 

I read that Greg remarried shortly after Bobby died, did he marry the woman he had an affair with? 

Don had a heart attack in 1992 during a family picnic/BBQ when all the pressures of work got to him. He was about to chuck in the towel at the end of the year but didn't.

Doubt it, Fiona had blown town before Bobby's death and nobody knew where she went but Greg had remarried. Don't think the new Mrs was seen. 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there ever been talk of a prequel to Home and Away or are there any spin offs?

I know at times we hear some back story on the characters but it would be awesome to actually see a short series on life before the Fletcher's arrived in Summer Bay.

Do any of you fine folk know what episode the photos below are from?

image004.gif

Lanjacmar301.gif

I saw the thread topic below in another section but it appears to only apply to recent characters

Are there any characters that you wished got together in the earlier episodes?

Mine are

Bobby and Brett Macklin

Roo and Matt

Roo and Martin

Narelle and Phillip

Pippa and Donald 

Allison Patterson and Lance (proper dating not using him for his money) 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:01, Summer's Bay said:

3-I posed the question earlier, has Roo changed and based on what I saw, she is just like how she was pre giving Matha up for adoption. 

Hmm, not really sure that's fair. I know some people didn't warm to Roo at first (and perhaps still haven't) but then other people who only knew her by reputation were confused by how nice she was, after poorly researched magazine previews led them to expect a soap-bitch. She can be immature, frivolous and even selfish at times but I don't think she's got the manipulative streak she had in some of the early episodes. Her heart's usually in the right place.

8 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Hmm, not really sure that's fair. I know some people didn't warm to Roo at first (and perhaps still haven't) but then other people who only knew her by reputation were confused by how nice she was, after poorly researched magazine previews led them to expect a soap-bitch. She can be immature, frivolous and even selfish at times but I don't think she's got the manipulative streak she had in some of the early episodes. Her heart's usually in the right place.

Based on the episodes I mentioned and reading a few episode summaries, this is what I meant about Roo now being the same as the earlier episodes pre giving birth. 

Terrible as it sounds, I'm one of the few who just doesn't particularly care for Justine Clarke and the fact that this is based on the character she played proves she is a very good actress. Double edged sword in some cases. 

52 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

I saw the thread topic below in another section but it appears to only apply to recent characters

Are there any characters that you wished got together in the earlier episodes?

Mine are

Bobby and Brett Macklin

Roo and Matt

Roo and Martin

Narelle and Phillip

Pippa and Donald 

Allison Patterson and Lance (proper dating not using him for his money) 

Roo and Matt would have been nothing more than a simple fling/convenience thing due to growing up in the same town.

Narelle woulda have been a bit immature for Phil

Don and Pip did have a few dates after Tom died but nothing ever came of it. Stevo was horrified by that prospect.

Martin was way more interested in Carly.

I think Alison probably woulda tired with Lance's general behaviour money or no money and begun cheating on him

Bobby and Brett probably would not have got any further than it did, her loyalty to Ailsa put paid to it.

32 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Roo and Matt would have been nothing more than a simple fling/convenience thing due to growing up in the same town.

Don and Pip did have a few dates after Tom died but nothing ever came of it. Stevo was horrified by that prospect.

Martin was way more interested in Carly.

I think Alison probably woulda tired with Lance's general behaviour money or no money and begun cheating on him

Bobby and Brett probably would not have got any further than it did, her loyal to Ailsa put paid to it.

? I have a lot to catch up on. I think they would've made a nice couple, Vanessa's Pippa and Donald.

Earlier I asked why Brett and Roo didn't get back together but yesterday I watched the episode where Brett was pursing Bobby. I think they would've been a cute couple, but I do believe the Ailsa situation and Bobby's love for Frank would've ended them

The interesting thing is for someone who was so insecure of herself, Bobby  had the 3 best looking men in Summer Bay after her, and two dated the same girl she was "jealous" of. 

Hmmm not sure, However, Narelle would've been perfect for Frank in the sense that she looks good and would do as he says in terms of entertaining clients etc

By the way, I hated the way the writers changed the history and expected us not to notice. Bobby was explaining to another Character that Frank didn't really love her and we all know that is completely false. 

Archived