1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

13 minutes ago, beau_t said:

Forgot to mention this a few episodes ago

vlcsnap_2016_04_01_21h38m35s95.png

So apparently you can walk from the pantry through to the laundry? Or is there a piece of set wall missing?

There's definitely a wall missing, unless they've added one since.

It suggests they've filmed a scene in the laundry.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/03/2016 at 0:28 PM, Blaxland 89 said:

The second them gives a very tropical feel to palm beach and always makes me feel warm. I wonder why the had that slightly different version to start with though. Couldn't they make up their minds? 

I agree, the second theme will probably always be my favourite, even if it is dated now. I love how smooth it sounds, with the finger clicks and the warm synth giving it a very layered sound, especially in those first two verses. I liked the original too, but I just appreciate the dramatic tone of the 1995 version a little bit more. That said, I prefer the way the chorus was arranged in the original, it sounds a bit too camp and glossy in the 95 version, but that's probably more to do with hindsight, I'm sure it fit right in in the 90's.

With the rarer version of the theme, I think the mix of the instruments sounds a little different and less polished, I notice in the regular version, each instrument is clearer and sharper, more stereo, whereas in the mix with the reverb, the instrumental sounds muddier and the hi-hats are louder too. I'm guessing it's simply an earlier mix of the theme that was later polished, and for a little quirk, they decided to use it occasionally, as they did with the alternating Shane/Angel credit shot, like a little 'easter-egg' type thing. 

I do generally prefer that rarer version though, for the alternate recording of the female vocal, which is softer and more 'wind in my hair' than the other one, in which she sounds kinda sassy.

Saw 1610, bit of a mehpisode. Then again it's that sparsely populate feel.

Just as well Selina wasn't home when Jack/Irene/Curtis happened... She'd never have let her live it down! :lol:

More Shangel stuff but they're going forward. The reality has set in for Shane that High School is over and life's beginning (He could go back to get the marks but it just wouldn't work and it wouldn't be in his character anyhow). Glad Alf was on hand. Funny how not long ago he was giving Shane and Damian a bollocking for the Waterbed stunt (Incidentally, that thing winds up in the store's backroom) and the fan heater shorting out the house!

Michael and Pippa seem to be going around a circles a bit. I wonder if this storyline impacted Dennis and Debra in real life in anyway. Sometimes actors take their work home with them (Mike Reid, quit EastEnders in 1994 for the first time when his character's misery rubbed off in real life)

Surprised Damo didn't sprint into the diner but then we'd have Irene crowing and and overblown hug scene "Mum, you're embarassing me!"

Roxy's imminent departure is looming but it's a slow burn, compared Damian who if he could, would take the Charger, whip it down Yabbie Creek road and get out of town as he seems pretty psyched for Uni (Ironically, he cannot stay away over the next 14 months making several visits) 

I loved the scene where pippa was speaking at the counsellor session. She made this sound so real. Her tone of voice made it obvious she was speaking to a stranger and expressed her feelings/emotions. I'm taping the episodes because i work and I actually replayed this scene again. I think this is the first time I've noticed what a great actor she really is from that scene. I know she's had some challenging scenes/storylines but as an adult watching the series again on 7two I couldn't help but be drawn into that scene. I wonder if the actor playing the counsellor forgot he was acting and just watched/listened to her. Lol 

I wondered why jack was continuing to watch irene running down the road too. Although I ended up being distracted by Curtis's paper throw aim and his reaction when it hit Dons pots. 

As I recall, Jack has a crush on another older woman in the not-so-distant future.Older than Angel, younger than Irene...

Back up to date.Seems things are improving for people.Shane seems to be gaining some self worth and had a good day at the boat shed.Michael and Pippa seem to be moving forward but both agree they've got a long road ahead.Things...aren't going so well for Jack and Curtis, can't remember how this one pans out and fail to see how the culprit can be anything other than a random.Or Sam?(Who oddly showed up in an episode with no dialogue.)

The debut of Wendy and, perhaps more significantly in retrospect, Nelson.Again, while I remember the characters I can't quite recall the details, even though Wendy seems the embodiment of "dodgy".

Okay, given Christopher was memorably born in the middle of the show's first year, trying to tell us he'll turn five in a short while, rather than seven in about six months, should be a definite no-no.First child born on the show and they're messing around with his age already...

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Reveal hidden contents

As I recall, Jack has a crush on another older woman in the not-so-distant future.Older than Angel, younger than Irene...

Or Sam?(Who oddly showed up in an episode with no dialogue.)

The old adage about Children being seen and not heard, in effect... :D

Wendy was more washed-up than Dodgy and Nelson was, well, a bit soft.

Think Debra might have been fighting mozzie bites in that counselling scene with Michael and Tony as she was rubbing her legs a fair bit at the start of it.

33 minutes ago, matty said:

Just wondering, is there a spoiler list of 'special' episodes for this year as there has been for others? I was wanting to know the episodes where Travis arrives, Marilyn returns and the wedding.

The link is in the first post of this thread and it's also still on the front page of the main site - just scroll to the bottom of the article if you only want the list

Archived