1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

A few things about the new 1995 opening credits.

- I completely forgot that the orange sun "rises" at the start of the credits. That's a cute touch. Although it would be better if it "set" again at the end, during the shot of the girl playing volleyball.

-These credits are a lot more visually interesting than the previous ones. There's a lot more going on and they've had some fun injected into them..

- The Alf/Ailsa shot is pretty much a replica of their 1988 shot, although having said that I think it's one of my favourites. I never noticed Alf winking before.

- IIRC the Sally shot looks out of date quickly as Kate Ritchie's appearance changes somewhat over the next year and a bit.

-Nice to see Irene's getting along with Donna during their morning power walking sessions, if not the rest of the time. Two-faced cow :P

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I think I'm actually up to date for the first time in about six months.Things are still tense between Michael and Pippa and Pippa's still spending half her time snapping at people, which is contrasting well with Michael's newfound stillness.It didn't occur to me that Sally's absence might be because of Kate taking her exams but it makes sense.

So goodbye to Ros.She lasted longer than I remembered but I think that's her joining the ranks of the disappearing Shangel relatives.

Their wedding is notoriously devoid of family members.

And hello to Eric, the less well-remembered successor to Revhead and Nathan.Played by Daniel Goddard, who went on to be the star of obscure turn of the century US fantasy series Beastmaster.No, I've never seen it either.

Irene's jealousy of Donna is getting somewhat wearing, so hopefully we're going to see things moving forwards soon.Curtis continues to be the level-headed one opposite Jack, which makes a nice contrast.I actually don't think there has been a marked change in Shane and Angel, they're making tentative steps into the adult world but they're not quite there yet.

So, judging by my diary, ITV started showing the 1995 season on Tuesday 25th April.Yep, the UK actually used to catch up during the Oz Christmas break in those days, down to three months!

LOL at  The Jack/Curtis/Irene scene in 1609! What ARE Rob and Donna meant to think other than "Hmm... We've interrupted the beginning of a three-way!"? The fact that Jack is pretty much peeling Irene's outfit from the front while Curtis works the back! :lol::lol::lol:  Highlight of the episode.

Notice how eager the boys were to get Irene INTO the costume to begin with!:lol:

I would rather that had been the cliffhanger than more Shangel bickering (I have a feeling we're gonna be burned out on them mid-year after the wedding) Funilly enough, I thought this happened a wee bit later into the Season!

And yes, Perjanik's scores are become a bit more daring and menacing. 

Incidentally, while dramatic, the show is still ROTF funny.

3 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

LOL at  The Jack/Curtis/Irene scene in 1609! What ARE Rob and Donna meant to think other than "Hmm... We've interrupted the beginning of a three-way!"? The fact that Jack is pretty much peeling Irene's outfit from the front while Curtis works the back! :lol::lol::lol:  Highlight of the episode.

Notice how eager the boys were to get Irene INTO the costume to begin with!:lol:

I would rather that had been the cliffhanger than more Shangel bickering (I have a feeling we're gonna be burned out on them mid-year after the wedding) Funilly enough, I thought this happened a wee bit later into the Season!

And yes, Perjanik's scores are become a bit more daring and menacing. 

Incidentally, while dramatic, the show is still ROTF funny.

Equally as eager was old Irene to shy away from getting dressed in front of the boys.

I have previously referred to in another thread this year's so-called cliffhanger. There wasn't really an end-of-year style cliffhanger in 1994-95

Yeah I rolled my eyes big time at the Shane/Angel cliffhanger too. Enough's enough already.

In fact when I saw Shane at the start of the episode closely followed by Angel I thought "Really? Do we have to? But... *whiney voice* they've been in every episode so far this weeeeeeek."

I like them, and I remember loving them as a teenager. But... as an adult? I want to love them just as much but like Hulk says, I don't wanna be burned out on them!

Lovely music when Shane said goodbye to Ros and the dialogue was really nice too - especially "I''ll never be too busy". It was a sweet scene without being overly sentimental.

I meant an end of ep cliffhanger, Old H&A fan.  They don't always have to be dramatic, they can be funny as well.  I mean, Alf v Mousetrap for one.

Incidentally,I thought the Jack/Irene/Curtis thing was the final scene of that episode. Memory playing tricks, Some lines and eps I can remember like just like that others, not so well.

Also, Jack, Curtis and Shannon have been in every ep this week so far, too and so has Pippa.

18 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Incidentally,I thought the Jack/Irene/Curtis thing was the final scene of that episode.

As did I - I think it's because a clip of it was used in G'Day Summer Bay and the clip ended on a freezeframe (which is one I posted recently after it made me misremember it)

5 minutes ago, Dan F said:

As did I - I think it's because a clip of it was used in G'Day Summer Bay and the clip ended on a freezeframe (which is one I posted recently after it made me misremember it)

I remember that show. It was a three-part special Hosted by Tristan/Tug.

I've only seen the first ep not the other two.

4 hours ago, beau_t said:

In fact when I saw Shane at the start of the episode closely followed by Angel I thought "Really? Do we have to? But... *whiney voice* they've been in every episode so far this weeeeeeek."

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

Also, Jack, Curtis and Shannon have been in every ep this week so far, too and so has Pippa.

Actually, Shane and Angel weren't in 1608 and neither was Shannon...

I must admit I'm not that Shangeled out, but it could get wearing if they keep going round in circles.It does seem like progress is being made but Angel keeps making assumptions about Shane and upsetting him.

I have very strong memories of Pippa snapping at Shannon but I'd completely forgotten that she apologised so kudos to her there.I'm glad she seemed to realise that she's being a bit too hard on the kids and wants to address it.

Irene continues to spend an inordinate amount of time glaring at Donna.And I've just noticed that Roxy has reverted to being credited as Roxanne! Obviously an identity crisis.

Archived