Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

...Some of us long terms fans, and there seems to be quite a large group of us will just keep on saying how much we dislike them and the current show because we like the show (or what the show once was) too much to simply give up...

Precisely.

You were "called out" because of the long and repetitive nature of your posts which were seen as stating the same opinion over and over again often in the same words.

If you would read through my previous post carefully you would see my acknowledgement of this misunderstanding:

Why is it that more than one post in admiration of the Braxtons is acceptable, whereas more than one post critical of the Braxtons is considered repetitive? That's called double standards.

They were also perceived to be aggressive and intimidatory.

It's a shame that some members have been personally offended by my dislike of some television show characters. Please provide me with some specific examples where my posts have been 'agressive and intimidatory'.

Sorry about the delay in my replying to your post.

My apologies in that I was confusing you with a couple of other posters who had been referred to me. I have no problem with your posts.

Please be assured that it is not my intention to discourage anyone from either expressing a like or dislike of the Braxtons. That's what this discussion board is all about.

I was reacting to a number of PM's I had received from members who felt intimidated by long and repetitive posts about the Braxtons in various threads. This did not apply to you. Once again my apologies.

• 1 month later...

I am a bit confused. I used to love Charlie and Brax even though I had always found Charlie uptight, whiny and selfish. During her relationship with Brax she was still whiney and selfish, but I guess I did not want to see that because of all the romance. Their love story was pretty romantic in my opinion. But when things went wrong in their relationship I always blamed Charlie, I even blamed her when Brax slept with Tegan, because she broke up with him and played with his head. I guess I always knew I loved Brax way more than Charlie.

I was so upset when Charlie died, because the romance was gone, but now I am glad Charlie is gone. Her death has changed Brax, he is a better man now and I love him even more. I knew this already during the whole Leah-thing. Others could not stand seeing him with someone else, I actually enjoyed their scenes. But now Natalie is there and I love her character. I love how she is worried about Casey, how she helped Gina, Sasha, Bianca in the past. I know I can't compare characters, but I can't remember when Charlie used to help someone other than herself, her daughter or her boyfriend. I love Brax, I love Natalie, and I love them together. I love how they are together not together. They are not fighting each other, they are fighting together. I am loving it and I hope they have a bright future. But if they would break up and there would be another 'love' for Brax, I am going to be honest, I would like her as well. Steve makes it all look very natural and realistic. I have not enjoyed a character so much since Aden, good job writers, good job Steve. :lol:

I am a bit confused. I used to love Charlie and Brax even though I had always found Charlie uptight, whiny and selfish. During her relationship with Brax she was still whiney and selfish, but I guess I did not want to see that because of all the romance. Their love story was pretty romantic in my opinion. But when things went wrong in their relationship I always blamed Charlie, I even blamed her when Brax slept with Tegan, because she broke up with him and played with his head. I guess I always knew I loved Brax way more than Charlie.

I was so upset when Charlie died, because the romance was gone, but now I am glad Charlie is gone. Her death has changed Brax, he is a better man now and I love him even more. I knew this already during the whole Leah-thing. Others could not stand seeing him with someone else, I actually enjoyed their scenes. But now Natalie is there and I love her character. I love how she is worried about Casey, how she helped Gina, Sasha, Bianca in the past. I know I can't compare characters, but I can't remember when Charlie used to help someone other than herself, her daughter or her boyfriend. I love Brax, I love Natalie, and I love them together. I love how they are together not together. They are not fighting each other, they are fighting together. I am loving it and I hope they have a bright future. But if they would break up and there would be another 'love' for Brax, I am going to be honest, I would like her as well. Steve makes it all look very natural and realistic. I have not enjoyed a character so much since Aden, good job writers, good job Steve. :lol:

At the risk of appearing to be threatening/intimidatory (I am genuinely just interested), could you explain the BIB. In what way Brax is a better man now?

Now that he's not with Charlie and Esther has left the show, I don't get what the big deal is with Brax, I never realized how annoying Brax is until recently.

Don't get me wrong, Steve is an amazing actor, but his character is just annoying!!

Brax has always been annoying. I have never really liked Brax as a character. :D Steve plays him well though I think his a good actor.

Edited by pembie

Cadyctslover - I find Brax less selfish now. He has always been very family-focused but now he is starting to care about others (non-relatives) as well (Liam, Sid, Leah). I think he is more calm now, like he realises he used to lash out for nothing, and that did not help. He fell in love with Charlie and that was new to him. He had to learn how to deal with his feelings and that helps him now with Natalie. He learned that talking about his feelings helps and is not a waste of time. He used to fight with his brothers when things did not go his way, now he tries talking to them first (well most of the time anyway). When I see Brax, I don't see that angry man anymore. Your question was not threatening at all, don't worry. I had to think for a second why I wrote that, maybe I should have written a calmer man instead of a better man, but calmer is better too. :lol: