Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

Steve is definitely going to be successful when he leaves Home and Away in the future. I have been very impressed with his acting. I hope he leaves Home and Away in 2014 so he can quickly get the well deserved success in USA.

I feel so conflicted about this! On one hand I desperately want him to stay but at the same time I would so love to see him achieve great success outside of the show!

Steve is definitely going to be successful when he leaves Home and Away in the future. I have been very impressed with his acting. I hope he leaves Home and Away in 2014 so he can quickly get the well deserved success in USA.

I feel so conflicted about this! On one hand I desperately want him to stay but at the same time I would so love to see him achieve great success outside of the show!

Yeah I know what you mean :). Brax is hugely popular so it would be sad if he leaves the show as Brax has so many fans. But Steve will go on to do great things in USA. Maybe Steve won't leave the show till the end of 2014? Who knows, but I'm sure the producers will want Steve to stay on the show for a long time. Steve is a very humble man in real life so he obviously loves working in Home and Away :)

• 3 weeks later...

A quote from Jacklost made me think. "I hope Steve never leaves the show". What do you of the show's future if Brax stays there for a long time. He has his friends but he also has enemies. Would that mean that long-term fans who have switched off the show will never watch it again? Is it possible to make him a long term character? I think too much time has passed and he would seem like a very different character if he stayed long term. The writers have made a mistake by isolating him from the rest of community and having him mostly in scenes with his brothers, lovers and enemies from the past. It would seem very out out character if he became a friendly member of comunity. He had his moments of charity but that seemed very forced only written to make other people like him.

• Like 1

The writers have made a mistake by isolating him from the rest of community and having him mostly in scenes with his brothers, lovers and enemies from the past. It would seem very out out character if he became a friendly member of comunity. He had his moments of charity but that seemed very forced only written to make other people like him.

I don't think they have isolated him from the community. He runs the only restaurant in town - Angelo's is a central meeting point for all of the residents, so he has contact with the whole town frequently. He has also employed a number of Summer Bay residents to work at Angelo's during his time on the show. - Liam, Indi, Xavier, Tamara....

He is friends with Leah and has looked out for VJ at various stages. He has a good relationship with his next door neighbour John Palmer these days and they have helped each other out a few times this year - John helping Brax record Adam's confession and Brax helping with Gina's wake, giving John and Jett free meals and organising Jett's first date.

Brax is friendly with Zac and they have each helped each other out with family issues this year a few times.

With both Casey and Kyle doing stints at the Caravan Park this year, Brax has had a bit to do with both Alf and Roo. Alf and Roo have run to Brax a couple of times this year asking him to watch over Casey and Kyle. They all bonded together in the hospital after Maddie and Casey's car crash as well.

Brax has had plenty to do with all medical staff due to his and his family's many trips to the hospital. And the school principal is his sister in law.

Having said all that, I don't think Brax will become a long term character. I get the feeling that Steve wants to work on other projects and I think Brax would lose a lot of what makes him a great character without Casey and Heath around.

I really hope he is still around long into next year though!

• Like 1