Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

But only when Heath and Kyle have been violent.

Yeah only when they deserved it.No.It's very easy to fall into the trap of believing that Brax only hurts people if they deserve it.Much of his violent behaviour towards Heath is completely indefensible, in fact I can't think of a single occasion where he couldn't have done something else.He's beaten him as punishment, often excessively, often with very little provocation, sometimes when he hasn't even done something.Heath doesn't have to have been violent, he just has to say the wrong thing or hold a different opinion to Brax does.Thinking that he deserves that treatment is a very dangerous road to go down.

No i talking about him punching his brothers not all violent behaviour but yes your right

But only when Heath and Kyle have been violent.
Yeah only when they deserved it.
No.It's very easy to fall into the trap of believing that Brax only hurts people if they deserve it.Much of his violent behaviour towards Heath is completely indefensible, in fact I can't think of a single occasion where he couldn't have done something else.He's beaten him as punishment, often excessively, often with very little provocation, sometimes when he hasn't even done something.Heath doesn't have to have been violent, he just has to say the wrong thing or hold a different opinion to Brax does.Thinking that he deserves that treatment is a very dangerous road to go down.

True i get your point.

Librarian Note: For crying out loud, please learn how to use the Multiquote button in the bottom right hand corner of the page instead of posting one after each other!

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

Brax is a great brother and is there for them. If Heath does something he usually pushes him and yells. if he is violent it is only because others are also.

You have forgotten what Heath was like with Casey when they first joined. Casey was worried he would get a beating off Heath for giving him a fake address to a party. It is the way they were raised.

Edited by john003au
SPAG

Brax's violence toward Heath is as inexcusable as Danny's was and I always found it quite ridiculous when they had Casey worrying about becoming like Heath when Brax was just as bad, if not worse - he was the big brother who was using violence and words to lay into Heath (often for no justifiable reason) and Casey started to copy Mr Wonder Big Brother. After hearing the way Danny used to treat Heath, it just made Brax's similiar treatment of Heath all the worse. For years, it seems like Brax has been happy to not only abuse Heath (as Danny did), but nurture and encourage his violence when it suited him, ie. using his younger brother to do his dirty work within the gang, including using violence to enforce Brax's law, so that Brax could sit on the sidelines and play Mr I Wasn't Involved while counting his precious drug money. The way he has used his brother, dismissed at times (was even tossing him aside to runaway with his favourite brother and Charlie), let him take the fall for following Brax's orders and never seemed to encourage him the way he has Casey, prefering to treat him like a fool at times and knock him down when he tries to make his own decisions (even if they were dumb decisions, Brax just reinforced Heath's belief he couldn't be better) really makes it hard to believe we're meant to see him as a good big brother. Sure, he's there for them, but he's often made things worse by interfering and has been a lousy role model. There's little point telling Casey to be better when his actions say differently and while his motivations may be different to Adam and some of the others, his actions aren't any better and he is just as big a criminal and remorseless as all the other so called nasty bad guys - only difference, the show excuses and lets him get away with everything and throw around the words loyatly and family to do so - I'd say the Walkers are as loyal to each other and even the Pirovics were more loyal to each other than Brax has been at times to Heath and the Pirovics did things for family, yet it was never portrayed in that way. There are so many double standards when it comes to the portrayal of Brax and it's become quite laughable, especially as his actions have so often contradicted his words and at times, what we're meant to believe about him. It's no wonder Heath turned out as he did with both Danny and Brax treating him like they did, but it's funny how Heath is the one who doesn't react violently toward Brax when he is given so much provocation to hit back - that's what men like Brax do though, they beat loyalty into others so they just accept the abuse and putdowns, it's part of the gang culture and Heath had been nothing if not Brax's lackey. I honestly find Brax to be one of the most loathsome characters ever and even his one redeeming quality (looking out for his family) is ruined because he's so controlling of everything and his loyalty (when it suits him with Heath) is used to let him do all these awful things and get off scott free.

That is the way all of them grew up, and all that Casey see's. All the Braxtons use violence. It just the way they live. They are all violent. Brax has tried to raise them when it wasn't his job. Nothing stops them from how much they care for each other. I suppose it was too late for Heath as he was already like that but telling Casey to change was his way to make things better. Brax stopped with the River boys and used his money for a business. if he could stay away fro all things dodgy he would but it is not always so easy when Casey gets in to trouble.

As Charlie pointed out a long time ago, Casey's turned out the way he is because of Brax:He looks up to Brax, he sees him using crime and violence to solve his problems, so he follows suit.If Brax really did want better for Casey, then he shouldn't have let him grow up surrounded by that sort of world.

As Charlie pointed out a long time ago, Casey's turned out the way he is because of Brax:He looks up to Brax, he sees him using crime and violence to solve his problems, so he follows suit.If Brax really did want better for Casey, then he shouldn't have let him grow up surrounded by that sort of world.

Casey has no choice to be surrounded by violence, they are his family. he tried but Heath brought drugs to the house, Jake came to get even which makes it hard for Brax to change, but he stopped seeing himself as top river boy because he could work at the restaurant.

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to comment on the bit in bold...

That is the way all of them grew up, and all that Casey see's. All the Braxtons use violence. It just the way they live. They are all violent. Brax has tried to raise them when it wasn't his job. Nothing stops them from how much they care for each other. I suppose it was too late for Heath as he was already like that but telling Casey to change was his way to make things better. Brax stopped with the River boys and used his money for a business. if he could stay away fro all things dodgy he would but it is not always so easy when Casey gets in to trouble.

But Heath has changed and it wasn't Brax who helped. Yes Heath can still be hotheaded and go off on one when he doesn't read the situation properly (his reaction to the young therapist and thinking Romeo was going to fire him spring to mind) but he didn't get violent in those moments... yet he would of at the start. Without Brax influencing him then Heath is actually okay.

As for Darryl... I think I posted in this thread back in 2011 that I found the characters of Darryl Braxton and Detective Vic Mackey from The Shield to be similar and now in 2013 I stand by that. Vic was always trying to do the right thing by his family and friends but how he did it was nasty, yet even at the end he believed he did every right (family on the run, two of his team dead and the last one he sacrificed to save his own neck). It was Vic's influence over Shane (the Heath character in a way but it is shifting to Casey) that caused Shane to kill his own friend (practically brother) with a grenade because he thought he had turned on them all. And because of Vic's influence on Shane he ended up backed into a corner and took his own life (along with his wife and children) and left a letter saying he wished he had never met Vic.

It has taken a while for me to see it but I do now. Though Darryl is an interesting character he is one of those that you really shouldn't be liking but you have to when someone else more nasty comes along (Adam being one of them). I do think that his influence over Casey (and Heath) will be his downfall in the end but he would sacrifice Heath just to protect Casey, which will show his true colours.

Did any of that make sense? :lol: