Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

He's hit Heath, he's headbutted Heath just because Heath has said or done something Brax doesn't approve of (but has actually done himself) and has been verbally abusive with his put downs over the years toward Heath, and on more than one occassion, slammed Casey against a wall, he's beaten up Kyle etc. If a guest character bullied and abused his family the way Brax has done, it would never be tolerated and it would be seen as abuse or at the very least, as assault, but it's Brax, the big brother who would do anything for them and so it always comes across as if they deserve his rough treatment of them and he's never called out on it. If Heath deserves to be abused by his brother as we're meant to believe, then Brax would equally deserve to be punched back by Heath, yet that doesn't happen - who's the real thug in that family?

No one, especially someone in your own family, deserves to be punched or headbutted just for saying something you don't like and Brax has no right to throw his weight around like he does just because they don't live up to his expectations or do what he wants for them - they're not little children to be bullied and shaped into what he wants for them, they're adults, old enough to do as they please, make their own mistakes and live life the way they want to and he's hardly set a good example for them. It was wrong for Danny to abuse his family and Alan Henderson wanted more for his son, like Brax wants for Casey, but Alan would never get father of the year because he abused his family and was a terrible role model to Stu, so why is Brax allowed to bully and abuse his family? The show can't have it both ways, yet they seem to insist on it at times, especially when it comes to St Brax.

Edited by b2sb09

Brax is unnecesarily physical to all his brothers and I do find it annoying that people seem ready to excuse his behaviour towards Heath, which at times borders on being both physically and emotionally abusive, by talking as if Heath deserves it.In the most recent episode at UK pace, Brax goes charging up to Heath and starts shoving him about for supposedly kidnapping Darcy when, as it turns out, Heath hasn't actually done anything wrong.I find it faintly absurd that Brax starts acting like he's somehow got the right to give lectures on fatherhood because of looking out for his brothers when as far as I can see Heath's already a much better father figure than him.Conversely, though, while it doesn't always manifest itself in a particularly healthy manner, Brax's loyalty and protective attitude towards his brothers is probably his principle redeeming feature, so it's a bit odd that characters from Natalie to Adam and even Kyle act as though it's somehow a failing.

I suppose he has hit his brothers but he brought Casey up from a kid. Heath was more his age and had a lot of anger in him. No wonder Brax had to teach him a lesson. The are all violent.

I Don't think his ever hit Casey i think his pushed him against a wall once when he was angry. His punched Heath and Kyle though.

Brax can be violent too.