Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

I don't really know where they're going to take the Braxtons but I think it's kind of moved past the point where Brax can suddenly turn into a "good guy", I think this is as good as he's going to get and he'll always have that dark side to him.They took him way too far in the second half of last year and had him cross far too many moral lines, which normally would have seen him get his comeuppance but being a regular would seem to make him immune.I wouldn't be surprised if they did continue writing him like that for another two years, it's only a step up from what they did with other characters with dark sides in recent years.

That said, I have been liking Brax a bit more this year than in the second half of last year, despite his waving a gun around once too often, and maybe if he keeps his nose relatively clean I'll find him tolerable but he's never going to be the most pleasant of people.Heath has leaped to being my favourite Braxton, I'm willing him not to mess things up with April because I think he likes her and I think she's good for him but he doesn't know how to handle it.Casey seems to be trying to get himself straight but things might drag him back, it'll be interesting to see how Brax reacts.Will he start knocking Casey around the way he does Heath?We've seen stirrings of violence towards him, notably when he got expelled, but he's always seemed to respect Casey more than Heath.

• 1 month later...

I am seriously loving Brax's new tattoo.. Love Brax more since he got it.. swoon!! :wub:

Though I am curious as to why, since it was meant for Charlie, that it says "Cara do mo chroi" (Friend of my heart) not "Grá do mo chroi" (Love of my heart) ?!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...At the risk of going into an anti-Brax rant, on one level you could say he just wants to take care of everyone and he does have good intentions some of the time(maybe even a lot of the time?)but if you look at it from another perspective he seems to be a rather controlling individual.Maybe he's had to be that way but he seems to expect people to do what he wants in his way and not accept any argument. (Remember the scene near the end of last year when he rightly insists Casey stay on the straight and narrow but refuses to reciprocate when Casey asks him to do the same?)And his way is often not the way it should be done.I utterly loathed the scene where he walks into Ruby's home as if he owns the place and tells her she's his family and he's going to look out for her whether she wants him to or not, as if that was somehow a good thing.It felt like we were meant to see Brax as some caring protector and Ruby, whose stance of not wanting Brax in her life was morally right, as too blinded by grief to see he's a nice guy really.But seriously, why would you want someone like Brax interfering in your life, behaving like a cutprice gangster and thinking he's helping by threatening to kill people who cross you(as he implied he did)?Even leaving aside the moral issues, it could easily have gone badly wrong and made Ruby look even more guilty if Steve hadn't caved.

There is a tendency on the show to have the majority of characters suddenly like and trust someone just because they're a main character without any real plot reason for them to do so.(Witness the way Marilyn abruptly shifts from worrying about Roo dating Harvey to thinking it's a great idea as soon as he became permanent, along with many other quantum leaps of characterisation in recent years.)However, in Brax's case, I can see why the townspeople seem to think he's okay:He's intelligent, he's personable, he's running a legitimate business, he's capable of acts of genuine kindness and he's not cut from the same cloth as the brainless yobs he used to hang out with.But, to me, it comes across as the townsfolk being wrong and not knowing the real Brax, that there's an ugly side to him that the audience have seen and most of the characters haven't and if they knew about it they might not be so friendly towards him.But again, I get the feeling that's not how I'm supposed to see it.

• 1 month later...

Brax is the older brother, so he has spent more time with his father than his brothers. He knows of what he is capable. (If I haven´t understood bad, he used broke the arm to his sons).

So I give Darryl a vote of confidence, if he believes his release from prison will bring troubles, sure it will.

In the video “family reunion”, Darryl looked scared to see his father out, in front of him. He only knows the reasons. The time he was with him at home was not good. Even, he can have keeped quiet many bad things of his chilhood to protect his little brother.

I don´t trust in dad Braxton. He has not changed, he has only used Heath.

How will he behave with his exwife...and with Casey? Will he want to recover the leaderhip of the family?.

I think all of this will bring problems to Casey and Brax.

Oh thread, how I missed thee

Hello again Braxton fans. I had exams and managed to do what I thought was the impossible. No HAA for 12weeks! haha what a mission catching up. I didn't know which episodes featured #1 Braxton and had to watch all of them. Pheww fortunately 22mins/epi for a few hours a day and Im alll caught up with the latest.

Super excited. Danny Braxton - what a character! LOL Great casting. Papa Braxton is played by a former wrestler - soo fitting and Heath looks like his 'mini-me'. What did he do to baby Brax; what is he going to do? They are going head-to-head :unsure:

The episodes have blurred into one. He has a tattoo - haha I googled it and found other fans have asked the very same question several times. "a friend of my heart" (?!) :wub:

Hallelujah E(-snore) left! And poor Colleen left and noone has mentioned her name. But our Brax has kept mentioning Charlie. Do you miss her? I do. But as they say: better to have loved and lost than never loved at all. I think I read a comment by LauraPhilly: Charlie started Brax's journey on the right path and now Natalie will continue it. Im sure there will be bumps along the way - RB at heart an all. BTW is that the end of the RBs - I noticed they haven't featured.

NATALIE! :) I like her - very cool with both Sasha and Casey - don't you just love people (in real life) who have the ability to just get through and break down walls where non need to be. Some interesting conversations between her and Brax. I quite like how this is different to the 'love at first sight' that Chax had. I quite like that there are so many overlaps with Charlie and Natalie's characters. Keeps it real. It has been 6months? For soap world that is a reallly long time. haha even watching all the epi's together I thought it had been longer. She is cute too. I think they look great together. Im sure her story will keep us hooked. Hmm if rape or a long lost child make an appearance - then that's just too far. There's similar and then there is straight copy catting.

<3Brax! Steve Peacocke won the Logie - well deserved. Haha and great speech he made!

Definitely, Brax knows more than he has told his brothers. Danny insinuated it to your other children ... "Darryl and me have history." Could his older denounced him (although he was 12) to stop his violence towards his mother and brothers?

Brax wants Danny out, and he looks scared when he is alone with him. Did he receive all knockings defending Heath?...mmm probably yes...but I think that there are something more. Braxton´s father wants revenge and for that first he will try to void the Darryl' s hierarchy in the family. He will seek to turn the other sons against the old one.

I can expect the irrationals actions from Heath...but Casey?... he should support or understand Brax. He has take care for him all his life, he has told him some experiences with their faher, and he also has listened all their mother has explained about dad...so?...he seems a little boy.

Another theory…Thinking in Casey…and remembering how Brax reacted with the Bianca´s rape, and the worlds he told Charlie to discard Heath…”he knows I will kill him”. And how he forced his brother to do the test … Could the young brother be the result of the abuse that Cheryl suffered at the hands of his husband a day he was drunk?. Brax knows it or perhaps he listened something.

It could explain the relation love-hate mum has with the older and the younger of her sons. (For me the mum´s eyes baby is Heath).

And may be his father threatened Darryl or hit him to make sure he would not speak.