Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

Was Brax really only 12 when Danny was arrested?Unless both he and Heath are a lot younger than they look and he was about ten years younger than Charlie, he'd have been in his mid-teens at least, which would be around the age he'd probably start standing up to his father and protecting the rest of the family from him.Of course, given that Danny's built like a tank, that probably wouldn't have gone so well.

Another theory…Thinking in Casey…and remembering how Brax reacted with the Bianca´s rape, and the worlds he told Charlie to discard Heath…”he knows I will kill him”. And how he forced his brother to do the test … Could the young brother be the result of the abuse that Cheryl suffered at the hands of his husband a day he was drunk?. Brax knows it or perhaps he listened something.

It could explain the relation love-hate mum has with the older and the younger of her sons. (For me the mum´s eyes baby is Heath).

And may be his father threatened Darryl or hit him to make sure he would not speak.

Interesting theory. That would explain why Brax isn't telling Heath and Casey the whole story about what Danny has done, he doesn't want his brother to find out he was the product of rape. Could also explain why Casey is supposedly about to go off the rails, if he finds out.

How old can be Brax...? The difference with Casey is big. I think Heath has to be only 2 or 3 years minor.

Danny Braxton...

Is Pa Braxton seeking to remove Heath and Casey of Brax's influence?. To turn against him?...mmm I am not sure, probably what he wants is to demonstrate who gives the orders, and who is the boss in the family. And that Casey is acting irresponsibly doens´t help. I didn´t expect it from him.

What will Brax when he knows that his father gives to drink beer to his brother without control?.

Everything what he has obtained in all these years with his younger brothers, his father is throwing it for land in one week.

Another day (eps. 5547) in the old house, he planted facing his father. This time, the old man laughed (this is my boy), but I don´t believe that he bears many other exits of tone from Brax.

Then...about Natalie

At the moment I don´t like very much. She is going too far in her functions...always she is behind Casey.

In Braxton´s house, she was acting like the hostess and his student, the guest. She opened the frige, made tea...knew where all the things were. And his student only saw.

To do her work she has the school.

Darryl has reasons to be disturbed with them.

He also was clear with his brother: "don´t mix me". And then a bad day he retuns home and find them there taking a cup of tea. Bad combination.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit that I am getting slightly sick of some members on this forum constantly giving out about how the Braxtons seem to avoid being charged for any wrong doings that they may commit.

This is a soap opera. It is not real life.

And if every character was charged for every illegal thing that they did, there would be hardly any characters left in the show.

I wish people could just enjoy the show, and not constantly point out about how unlike the real world it is.

It's just a tv show! <_<

Edited by LauraPhilly!!

I have to admit that I am getting slightly sick of some members on this forum constantly giving out about how the Braxtons seem to avoid being charged for any wrong doings that they may commit.

And if every character was charged for every illegal thing that they did, there would be hardly any characters left in the show.

I wish people could just enjoy the show, and not constantly point out about how unlike the real world it is.

It's just a tv show! <_<

When I am watching a tv show or movie I am wathcing it with real life "glasses"... I see the storylines and jugdes it with real life experinces and I think that most people do, even you, when it comes to other storylines. I often find it hard to ignore these kind of serious things, even if it is something else with the character that could be interesting. But I think that some people find excuses for this kind of behaviour when they find something else with the character they think it is more attractive or important to them (for example the looks of the actor, or a relationship between this character and an another) than the crimes they have done. I think it is horrible for a tv show to justify violence and dealing drugs to this degree, and then punishing the drug abusers. Drug dealing and violence are very serious problems in the real world and yes it is very wrong of H&a to justify the way it does. I really don't like to see serious topics getting bad handling even if it is in a soap. Some soaps don't get into the depth of the problem and then it is more ok to shift quickly over to other storylines. But H&A are sometimes digging very deeply into the problems, showing the psycical consequences of abuse for example and then suddenly drop it or making the victim a villain. And then the Braxtons are getting excused for everything they do. From what I've read it seems to me that their storylines have big holes in it.. and they seem a bit undefined as characters. seriously how old are they meant to be, aren't they a bit too old for this bad-boy-go-good storyline? Where did the drug farm go and so on... I think that this is making the show very unbeliavable and horrible for a lot of people.

I am behind you and haven't seen all the Braxtons actions just read about them, but it is not only the Braxtons who has been written over the top and a serious topic has been handled badly. I think it was horrible that Martha - Alf's granddaughter was written out the way she was. Martha was a wild child and did a lot of unacceptable things, but they were not this serious, more rebel stuff. Running away with a people smuggler is really bad and unworthty for a granddaughter of the patriarch in the show! People smuggling is one of the biggest problems in the modern world. It is awful, and a lot of people is suffering and dying because of it. Just in the same way as justifying drug dealing and other things that the Braxtons has done (pushing Angelo out of his own restaurant) is people smuggling a serious topic and should be treaten in a way as the crime it is. It should have ended with Hugo in jail. I don't think that other soaps have that many plot holes and the viewers are not asked to forget about serious crimes as drug dealing, hard violence and people smuggling after the show has digged into it for months!

And I think that a lot of people are fed up that the writers are destroying other characters who have also had a tough ride on the show and a better character building storyline without that many plot holes, by putting them in jail or letting them leave as a problem it is good to be rid of. And H&A is building their storylines very well in some cases, and it is in this cases the storylines suddenly gets dropped or twisted... The more emotional and serious it has been the more it will be destroyed. I think the viewers are tired of that, especially long-time viewers.

I think that the show excuses itself far too often. Yes, it is only a soap. But h&A is building some really emotinal storylines and digging into serious problems very well and then rips them apart. Then they excuses themselves that we can't expect anymore it is only a soap. And other storylines have so many plot holes that it is very difficult for many to follow them and finding them enjoyable. I think that other soaps are doing this better. I am not saying that the show should drop having drug dealers or abusers on the show... but just treat the storylines and build them a bit differently, it is still possible to have a big portion of drama and treat the serious topics better.

Edited by jodlebirger

I think one of the biggest problems with the Braxtons getting away with things is that it completely destroys any sense of drama or storytelling.If they commit a crime, who cares?They're not going to be punished, certainly not legally, and within a few weeks it'll all be forgotten so you might as well not watch.If characters actions fail to have consequences, and this seems to be a trait that is infecting a lot of characters, even those we're apparently meant to see as pure and innocent, then you're not telling a story, you're just showing a series of unconnected events.

Now, a show like that can work.If you're going to make a show unrealistic, then you need to remove it from the real world, set it in a fantasy world populated by people who would be unbearable in real life but make for great entertainment and watch their grotesque, over the top behaviour towards each other:American soaps have functioned that way for years and British drama series developed an amusing "so-bad-it's-good" sub-genre a few years back.And yes, you can do a show about noble criminals, who operate on a strict code of conduct and whose motives are easy to identify with, it's an idea as old as the Robin Hood legends and when done well, it works.But those aren't what any of us got into Home and Away for and I don't think they're the type of show that the production team are trying to make.

And it doesn't help that Brax is so continually unpleasant towards everyone he meets that it's pretty hard to accept him being allowed to do whatever he wants, no matter how morally repugnant, without censure.

It's just a tv show! <_<

I agree 110% with you. There are just so many complaints about this show. I understand why there are complaints because I don't like it when a show dosen'nt go my way, but, if you don't like it, then don't watch it...

It's just a tv show! <_<

I have to agree with you. People are entitled to their opinions and certainly entitled to express them on the Forum but it is almost as if some people are trying to drown out any different opinion in long, repetitive posts which pretty much say the same thing over and over again.

Personally I believe that the show has in the past overdone the drug and crime storylines but I do think in recent times we have begun to see more of the back stories of the characters and why they behave as they do. For me this makes interesting character focussed television.

Personally I am not looking to be constantly taught moral or legal lessons in the television drama I watch. I am looking for reflections of life presented in a dramatic way.

I recall Coral Drouyn, former Script Producer on the show, saying at one stage that she saw television drama as "life with the boring bits cut out'. I tend to agree with her. For me constant scenarios with criminals being caught and made to pay for their crimes would be just as boring as criminals constantly getting away with criminal behaviour.

In the "real world" many people who commit crimes are never charged or convicted. People who come from low socio-economic backgrounds tend to be over represented in the criminal justice system and also tend to be more harshly treated by the system than those who come from more affluent backgrounds.

Life is not fair and people who come from the "wrong side of the tracks" often have very limited options.

Perhaps that's why they see crime as their only option.

Edited by john003au

Brax reminds of me John Ibrahim (Teflon John) :P

John Ibrahim is a well-known organised crime figure around Kings Cross who owns several nightclubs around the area and despite the criminal connections and the allegations against him, nothing seems to stick against him.

It's just a tv show! <_<

Agreed! Sometimes coming on her almost ruins the show for me :( I don't mind people having opinions against the Braxton's, but don't really see the point of posting loooong posts pointing out every little wrong doing.

Firstly, it's a tv show and if everyone was happy and perfect and full of sunshine, we wouldn't have a very good show.

Also, I fail to see how it is unrealistic that they do get away with stuff. In real-life, not everybody gets their comeupence for every bad thing they do. I don't know what it's like in Australia but in a lot of countries, the police are completely incompetent and criminals get away all the time. One thing I've always found unrealistic in soaps is that people always get caught out for everything.

Some people on here seem to think the cops on the show are supposed to be perfect, but really they are human-beings too. No-one's perfect, we all do bad things to varying degrees, but depending on your situation, you may be forced to do even worse things in order to survive.

Edited by alice93