Unpopular characters, worst characters

Homeandawayfan.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upon rewatching some of 2001, I forgot how much of a bitch Brodie was to Alex during the whole Miles story arc even after the accident.

What Kane did to Dani was horrible but take that out of the equation, she was pretty annoying. I'm starting to think Shelley was the only Sutherland that didn't deserver a slap.

Further back; You know you're a horrible character when the audience pretty side with the guy who killed your wife (albeit Accidentally).

I also thought Henry Hunter was a douche. The Least likeable of Beth's kids.

Went off Lucas for a bit during his bad boy phase which was pretty much a carbon copy of Jack Wilson's 10 years earlier.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rhys and the Sutherland girls (I didn't mind Shelley), Brodie Hanson, Hayley Smith, Michael Ross and Matilda Hunter are among my least favourite characters.

I didn't watch 2005-2014, but, just like every other era, there would no doubt have been unpopular and unlikable characters during that time as well. From rejoining the show again, my least favourite characters are Brax, Ricky, Nate, Phoebe, Ash and Kat.

There are numbers of characters (e.g. Hannah, Maddie), who I didn't exactly hate, but I feel they were extremely overrated.

1. Brodie Hanson: Although the Sutherland's had to end up having their own foster child, I really wish it wasn't Brodie. She wasn't a nice person- at all. I look back at some 2000-02 episodes and just cringe at how terrible the character is and can't see any redeeming qualities. It also didn't help that she was played by a not so good actress.

2. Natalie Davison: You know a character is bad when you start to talk about them to a group of home and away fans and they all say "Who?" and after a lot of describing they say "Oh yeah!" and this is only two years after she left. The writer's didn't develop her enough as her own character and she was clearly only written to be Brax's love interest and that was that, the audience saw straight through it and didn't like her. And just when she starts to get developed as her own character they write her out and we never hear from her again.

3. Casey Mitchell: Again an unmemorable character, the actress Rebecca Croft, though was very nice.

4. Hugo Austin: What were they thinking? Drag a story nobody liked for a year, SHOCK TWIST, it was Hugo all along- No **** Sherlock! We may all knew that Zoe was the staker all along but at least she was entertaining to watch.

5. Stephanie Mboto: Who? Exactly.

I think Stephanie is really only remembered for her exit; there was nothing wrong with her, just, as you say, underdeveloped and underused.

I really liked Casey Mitchell and Liam Tanner for that matter. I think that teen group had a great of potential, they just weren't given a fair go, and all but Joey and Tegan were the only one that lasted longer than a year.

2 hours ago, adam436 said:

I think Stephanie is really only remembered for her exit; there was nothing wrong with her, just, as you say, underdeveloped and underused.

I really liked Casey Mitchell and Liam Tanner for that matter. I think that teen group had a great of potential, they just weren't given a fair go, and all but Joey and Tegan were the only one that lasted longer than a year.

I agree, I only remember Stephanie for her exit. I remember she was in love with Jude, but he loved Shauna. But that is all I remember about that stuff. She is just one in the huge crowd of underused H&A characters. 

Brodie Hanson. I liked her, to be honest. I thought her storyline about Alex and Miles was exciting, it was full of emotions. It's not about doing the right thing at first, but the process to the right actions. Her feelings were understandable. 

Natalie Davidson: she was just one of the Braxton's girls (I wanted to use an another word, but I can't use that kind of language on here), who was only in the show for one purpose; just to adore the wonderful Braxton's. Completely waste of space. All of them. Hayley was an another example. And partly also Tamara, even she had some potential if they had explored her family history much better. 

I feel Hannah is a bit like those characters, even she wasn't brought in for the Braxtons. All she is doing is go after the first guy she see, and she is not acting like an adult - like the twins aunt should do. For me one of the worst female characters ever. Even Chris can't do her bearable. 

To be honest, I never liked Angie. I thought she was so cartoon-villain like, and it wasn't good to see the others acting like idiots and not able to stop her. Especially Sally was hurt by this storyline. I didn't like Josie either of the same reason, but she wasn't so cartoon villain like and not so one-dimensional. But still not very well played and written. Dylan, Angie's son.... Didn't like him either Or was he her son? Wasn't there something like he wasn't her son, but we never heard more of that thing? Or do I remember it wrong? But at least, I thought the guy who played him was far too old. 

To be honest, I don't remember the characters from the 90's that much, I was watching very on-and off those days, and I felt it didn't happen anything on H&A which made me remember the characters and their storylines as I remember the later ones. But I thought that Rebecca Fisher was a dull character. But I liked Curtis.

I thought that Hugo Austin had a lot of good scenes, especially with his brothers and his mum. If only they could have found something criminal less over-the-top and dragged out than the smuggler storyline. He could have had a secret, and probably done something wrong in the past which came haunting him and his family. But I don't think it should have been like the dragged out storyline like it was, and some less horrible, political and criminal. And I wanted more scenes with his family reactions to Hugo. But I don't think a people smuggler storyline with bodies washing up on the beach has anything to do on a daily soap. 

Ricky... she went from being a good character for me, to be a horrible character. She and Brax should have left in 2013 when Steve P. was leaving for Hercules. To have her using Nate for years isn't good viewing. And I didn't like the way she returned to Brax when he was released from prison in 2014 after the Barrett killing thing. I think he mentally abused her, didn't want her in his life and then suddenly turns up like "hey I am back come and get me"....  and she went back to him. And he was a thug, no woman with self respect would have done something like that - and she had a child. 

Archived