Unpopular characters, worst characters

Homeandawayfan.

I liked Melody...

We all have our faults :P

I liked her at the start but once she returned I hated her

Yeah. I think that's where the dislike really began. Her "bad girl" phase was highly annoying.

I agree that didn't do her any favours but I always saw her as a good person deep down and could accept it as the stress of a pretty horrid six months getting on top of her.In retrospect, it feels a bit like another character assassination to make the writers' preferred couple look good, but I was glad they had her get back to normal and leave on good terms with everyone.

I liked Melody as well, and I too could accept it as that. Throughout all her life, her mother had controlled her and she literally wasn't allowed to do anything without her mother's say-so. When she got away from her, she was free of her controlling nature and because this was all that she had been used to, she didn't know what the boundaries were and rebelled. I thought she was a very good character with a very interesting background.

I noticed that other characters like Jack Holden behaved worse than she did at the time, (I can remember when he had a grudge against someone, but can't remember who), and he arrested that person for literally no reason. He thought he was above the law and kept doing things that a police officer was not allowed to do. That was even his undoing and he got himself killed for it. But he never got anywhere near as much stick as Melody did. I felt that there were reasons for Melody's behaviour, but there weren't for others like Jack.

I know what you meanI find that generally on TV (and this isn't just with H&A), female characters tend to be given less slack than male characters. Not really sure why that is.

It is like how Ruby got all the blame in the Romeo situation even though she was genuinely in love with him,and at least had the excuse that she had lost her mother, whereas Romeo had no excuse whatsoever and was the one who was married,

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The woman who played Joey in 2009 was a terrible actress!.

I disagree. I have seen her in an Australian movie and she is very good.

I have always felt that Charlie/Esther Andersson was the weak link in the storyline about Charlie and Joey. She was totally unbelievable as a lesbian.

But Joey felt too young for her, but that has nothing to do with the actress ability to act. Joey should have been a character on her own, her sexuality should have been explored better, her relationship with her brother and so on. The storyline started very well, but went downhill when Charlie became involved. Joey and her storyline was used just for a rating boost and sensationalism.

I also think that the character of Annie was never given the opportunity to shine. She didn't start to develop as a character before in the end, and then she changed to drastically and it destroyed the character instead. Annie was never given a good styling (who on earth told her not to comb her hair??) and she was only given storylines where she was "moping" around.

Sometimes I feel the producers and writers decides too much who is going to be a popular character and who is going to be an unpopular one. For example Liam was never given the opportunity to develop either... And Elijah was written out when they finally found out that he didn't suit Leah... Without using him in other storylines and as a character on his own. I also think they dragged the storyline about him and Leah too long, because it was clear really early that Leah and Elijah weren't going to be a hit among the viewers.

• 2 months later...

Josh... Andy... Evie... Maddy... Hannah... Spencer... Chris... Matt... Nate... Kat...etc! I'm practically grabbing the remote to press the fast forward button whenever they appear on screen. First time in my 10 years of watching Home and Away I've done such thing, and I have been pressing that button ALOT lately...

A lot of character has had their moments and some I have changed my mind about.

I hated Andy all of last year but this year I like him. Evelyn, Oscar & Josh, I go though periods of hate and then I like them at times too. Hannah and her current story-line is making me not like Hannah. I really hate Ash. I don't really like Kat either.

Archived