Ryan Kwanten says he would consider returning to Home And Away to give

Perry

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they did shoot themselves in the foot a bit by killing him off in 2010. It was a nice storyline but it did ultimately provide closure, and to resurrect him again in yet another 'witness protection' thing would be a huge disservice to the fans I think.

I think it'd be more of a disservice if they had the chance to bring Ryan (Vinnie) and didn't. I think they can explain it away pretty easily and forgivable as long as Ryan came back and if they don't want to go down that path there is those times Roger Oakley and Judy Nunn came back as visions to Sally and Alf.

They could make up something like: Vinnie decided it was a mistake to let Leah know he was alive, so he asked Elijah to tell her he had died in order to let her move on with her life. A bit unrealistic but I think most fans would put up with it in order to see Vinnie again.

It was really silly to kill Vinnie off-screen (again) just so that Leah could find "long lasting happiness" (producers' words) with a character who they proceeded to do nothing with and before long, write out.

I wonder why they dubbed over Ryan's voice with another actor during that storyline, when VJ watched Vinnie's tape.

Interesting idea, and I wouldn't be averse to him returning at some point in the future. If he was to be brought back alive I would hope there would be a fairly logical explanation for Elijiah's actions in 2010. I think it would make sense for Elijiah to return as part of that explanation, although the actor didn't really leave the show on the best terms!

Archived