Ryan Kwanten says he would consider returning to Home And Away to give

Perry

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Elijah, Vinnie died in a farming accident in 2010 and was buried under his real name, he took Leah and VJ to his grave but if Ryan wanted to return this could easily be explained, back in 2007 when Dan died, Leah harboured a lot of guilt over Dan's death, thinking she may have been punished by God for marrying Dan while still married to Vinnie, maybe Peter Baker, Vinnie and Elijah made up Vinnie's second death to help Leah able to move on.... Or he could be a ghost. :P

I thought it was pretty much established Vinnie's legal death dissolved the marriage, leaving her free to marry Dan.

I don't know how I feel about Vinnie's return. He was a great character, but the show has well and truly moved on from him (for better or worse)... Perhaps, as others have suggested if he returns for Leah's exit storyline (but I don't want that to come any time soon) or, I quite like the idea of him appearing as a ghost or something.

Regarding Rebekah Elmaloglu, her return seems especially unlikely now as she's working on Neighbours and they've just created a new character called Sophie (and before that, a Tamara too, for that matter).

According to Elijah, Vinnie died in a farming accident in 2010 and was buried under his real name, he took Leah and VJ to his grave but if Ryan wanted to return this could easily be explained, back in 2007 when Dan died, Leah harboured a lot of guilt over Dan's death, thinking she may have been punished by God for marrying Dan while still married to Vinnie, maybe Peter Baker, Vinnie and Elijah made up Vinnie's second death to help Leah able to move on.... Or he could be a ghost. :P

I thought it was pretty much established Vinnie's legal death dissolved the marriage, leaving her free to marry Dan.

Yeah but Leah still felt guilt over Dan's death because in the eyes of God she was still married to Vinnie and thought she was being punished for that.

As per Sophie's return, I kind of like that the Blake and Sophie got back together in their last appearance in 2005 plus without Sally their isn't really anything for her to return which is why I guess they haven't asked her.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love Vinnie to make a return but the problem is he's been officially killed off now, albeit off-screen back in early 2010.

I'm sure TPTB could somehow get themselves out of this mess. I think the mistake was killing him off in the first place rather than entertaining the possibility that he could return one day in the future even though Ryan Kwanten has had a successful career in the USA in recent years.

I think it is a shame that they killed Vinnie off, because now, i think it would be unrealistic for him not to be dead yet again. I have always loved Leah and Vinnie as a couple - they were one of the couple on H&A that just worked. But I think it has been too long since Vinnie's departure, especially as there is no indication that Leah will be leaving the show anytime soon. I don't think it would be realistic for him to turn up almost 10 years after leaving the show, and then Vinnie and Leah to ride off in the sunset.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so surprised that he is still saying that! It's been so long, I think that's great, and it shows a lot of dedication. I think the show could easily come up with a way to get Vinnie back from the dead. Witness protection, protecting Leah and VJ, something else entirely. It would be stupid of course, but since the death happened off-screen in the first place I think the audience would be more likely to buy it.

I actually think it would be really great storyline, now that VJ is older and the actor maybe hopefully can handle big and serious storylines. Maybe in a few years, Leah is in a stable relationship, and VJ is finally finding a good father-figure again and then surprise! Vinnie comes back. I would eat that storyline up. But if Vinnie appearing means the end of Leah, this doesn't have to happen anywhere in the near future :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

H&A NEED something big like this to happen....... bringing in a BIG new returning character that is NOT involved with the Braxtons/Barrets in some way; but I'm sure if they did H&A would find some way for them to be involved........ "oh, Brax helped get rid of the people he wa sin witness protection from :lol: " .... ohh crap, hopefully I just didn't give them an idea :angry:

Archived