Main characters who never got along

Guest beau_t

Amanda and Kit, Kelli and everyone, Sally and Shauna.

Sally and Shauna were friends initially but fell out after Shauna fell in love with Flynn. Sally became quite un-Sallylike and turned very cold towards her. I know that Shauna briefly returned afterwards but I can't remember if Sally ever forgave her or not.

Found her last two episodes listed. Her penultimate episode says that Sally is nice to Shauna for a change: http://www.backtothebay.net/episodes/2002/3323.php

But there's no mention of Sally in her last episode: http://www.backtothebay.net/episodes/2002/3324.php

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Morag would have liked to have been a mother, just not to Bobby, which is why even as late as 2001 she seemed to be looking for more palatable substitutes to fill the void.I suspect she feels differently now and wishes she'd made the effort but at the time she really didn't want anything to do with her.

Rhys and Kane never got along after Dani was sexually assaulted by Kane in 2001 even though they were getting along a little better in 2004 until Rhys had an affair with Shelley behind Beth's back and the two went back to disliking each other greatly.

Overall, Rhys seemed to be hated by many of the characters at the time by the end of his tenure in 2004 barring the likes of Dani and Kirsty obviously.

Did Kirsty and Rhys ever make up onscreen? She was pretty upset about the Rhys and Shelley affair (siding with Beth). I'm guessing they sorted out their differences offscreen after Kirsty's departure in 2009...

Other than Dani, I believe Irene was the only character to have any time for Rhys. She contacted him to get some dirt on Josie.

Speaking of Josie, I don't think she ever made amends with the likes of Irene, Hayley and Scott.

Ric an Dom (not sure if Dom was a man character though)

Dom wasn't a main character. He was a guest character in 2006 when he was bullying Ric when he first started as a mechanic apprentice.

Dom then came back for another guest stint in 2007 when he wasn't really involved with Ric, as he was instead involved in the drag racing saga involving Drew Curtis and he started to have feelings for Belle which was his main purpose for his return after being in jail toward the end of 2007 until he left in early 2008 and wasn't seen again.

Throughout 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ric never got along with Dom even though the bullying stopped after 2006.

Rhys and Kane never got along after Dani was sexually assaulted by Kane in 2001 even though they were getting along a little better in 2004 until Rhys had an affair with Shelley behind Beth's back and the two went back to disliking each other greatly.

Overall, Rhys seemed to be hated by many of the characters at the time by the end of his tenure in 2004 barring the likes of Dani and Kirsty obviously.

Did Kirsty and Rhys ever make up onscreen? She was pretty upset about the Rhys and Shelley affair (siding with Beth). I'm guessing they sorted out their differences offscreen after Kirsty's departure in 2009...

Other than Dani, I believe Irene was the only character to have any time for Rhys. She contacted him to get some dirt on Josie.

Speaking of Josie, I don't think she ever made amends with the likes of Irene, Hayley and Scott.

I must say I can't remember specific details about whether certain characters made up with Rhys or not but I think considering Shelley came back in 2009 briefly I think that was an indication that Kirsty made amends with her parents.

Josie never made up with Irene, Hayley and Scott because Hayley collapsed due to her pregnancy from starting an argument about Scott kissing Josie just before Josie left Summer Bay for ever!

I do remember Jesse and Josie left on good terms though despite the pain they'd been through earlier in the year with a failed marriage attempt, so Josie didn't leave the Bay without anyone making up with her.

I don't think Morag ever really got round to thinking about whether she could or should love Bobby, she was too consumed with grief about losing her career and husband and Bobby was too much of a constant reminder of that.

I think it wasn't until Bobby died that Morag realised the potential had always been there for them to have a good relationship and now it was too late.

Regarding the other characters' reactions to Morag in 1993, I think they are all wary of her at first but quickly accept that she is there to pay her respects to Bobby. She does seem genuinely sad about Bobby's death. Ailsa is the only one who remains suspicious of Morag but for appearances sake lets bygones be bygones. As Morag's stay in the Bay continues she shows everyone that she has changed and is now a nice person, but Ailsa becomes more and more outspoken about how she thinks Morag is up to something, almost to the point of driving everyone to distraction!

Archived