Main characters who never got along

Guest beau_t

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, personally I would have brought Duncan back years ago. Great character.

2 more characters who (so far) have not got along in the early years is Shane and Finlay. I'm quite surprised Finlay is still so anti-Shane. I expected the usual H&A style acceptance by now, but Finlay is sticking to her guns. Did you see her face when Sarah asked "Who's that?" and she replied "Shane Parrish" with a look of disgust!? I can't remember if they ever become friends but from memory they do eventually get along, there is no storyline as such she just stops hating him as he grows up.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesse and Steven never saw eye to eye when they were both regular characters. I think when Steven was a guest they were more civil to eaach other. I know this has already been covered but the details - as far as I can remember - are below.

When Jesse and Selina were together in 1996, Jesse and Selina took a dog off into the woods. (I can't remember the exact details now.) Steven saw this and threatened to tell the authorities. Selina said that if he did, she would tell everyone about their afd efair. I can't remember what happened next but Selina didn't expose the affair. (It was exposed another way a couple of months later).

Jesse and Selina were still together when Selina came back to woo Selina. Selina fell for Steven again and broke up with Jesse. Jesse was hurt how quickly they got together afterwards. He was not happy with either of them but he sorted things out with Selina before she nearly got married to Steven.

• 1 month later...

Ric an Dom (not sure if Dom was a man character though)

Dom wasn't a main character. He was a guest character in 2006 when he was bullying Ric when he first started as a mechanic apprentice.

Dom then came back for another guest stint in 2007 when he wasn't really involved with Ric, as he was instead involved in the drag racing saga involving Drew Curtis and he started to have feelings for Belle which was his main purpose for his return after being in jail toward the end of 2007 until he left in early 2008 and wasn't seen again.

Throughout 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ric never got along with Dom even though the bullying stopped after 2006.

Rhys and Kane never got along after Dani was sexually assaulted by Kane in 2001 even though they were getting along a little better in 2004 until Rhys had an affair with Shelley behind Beth's back and the two went back to disliking each other greatly.

Overall, Rhys seemed to be hated by many of the characters at the time by the end of his tenure in 2004 barring the likes of Dani and Kirsty obviously.

Did Kirsty and Rhys ever make up onscreen? She was pretty upset about the Rhys and Shelley affair (siding with Beth). I'm guessing they sorted out their differences offscreen after Kirsty's departure in 2009...

Other than Dani, I believe Irene was the only character to have any time for Rhys. She contacted him. I must say I can't remember specific details about whether certain characters made up with Rhys or not she sort of made up with him at Noahs funeral after encouragement from Danni and Hayley and talking to Kane

Archived