Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

9 hours ago, James Martin said:

Are Seven really going at the pace of six a week?  They're surely going to run out at some point?

Yes. The triple ep screening on a Thu was reintroduced for the first time this year on 30th April, which was quite an about-turn from Seven after they took the show off air for three weeks.

I think I'm right in saying that there were 6 eps a week all through last year, so assuming they intend(ed) to film / screen the same number this year, they would have had some extra in the can by only showing 4 until the enforced transmission break in March but even so, you do wonder how long it will be before there is nothing left to show.

There were spoiler pics in the Palm Beach thread in November which reach Aus screens later this month, so that seems to put us at the usual approx. six month gap between filming and transmission BUT filming was suspended 22nd March, with no known restart date.

The show's basically designed to be shown five episodes a week, but last year Channel 7 had the show off air during the whole of January, then spent most of the year switching between six episode weeks and four episodes weeks (but mostly six) before finishing off with a couple of five episode weeks. It's been much the same this year, apparently with the number of four episode weeks earlier in the year and then being taken off air entirely for a while they're way behind where they'd normally be this time of year.Of course, now they've got a finite number of episodes in the can and no more being filmed, so as with every soap, there is a chance of them running out.I'm not sure how close they are to resuming filming but I would assume it's a possibility for the near future at least.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey all. 

It seems that, when you tie in Channel 5s 'Season Finale' not Winter Finale promo, the last episode for 2020 will air on Friday November 20th with episode 7440. 

Marketed this year as the season finale of Home and Away. Which, it is not. 

Edited by Bri1231
Added info

Looks like we could be having fewer episodes this year thanks to the episode rationing then and potentially finish way behind Australia, although no-one seems to be sure how many episodes they're going to have this year either, given that they got taken off air for a while as well and are currently way behind where the season finale would normally be. (On the other hand, a few more six episode weeks and they should be finished just before Christmas...in which case Channel 5 will be finishing the equivalent of 12 weeks before the end of the season and it could be April before we get the proper season finale, unless they're planning on having a shorter Christmas break this year.And it occurs to me that the difference could be the result of them having three weeks' worth of Neighbours that they forgot to show, which could have been added on to the usual 9 week stockpile.)

4 hours ago, Bri1231 said:

Hey all. 

It seems that, when you tie in Channel 5s 'Season Finale' not Winter Finale promo, the last episode for 2020 will air on Friday November 20th with episode 7440. 

Marketed this year as the season finale of Home and Away. Which, it is not. 

Thanks so much for that! 

Im fuming though! Part of me was hoping that due to the episode rationing earlier in the year we mightve gone to mid Dec.

Red , forgive my simpleness I'm not sure I understand. Does this date coincide with them being able to double up on neighbours to catch them up to same day broadcast?

2 hours ago, 630si said:

Thanks so much for that! 

Im fuming though! Part of me was hoping that due to the episode rationing earlier in the year we mightve gone to mid Dec.

Red , forgive my simpleness I'm not sure I understand. Does this date coincide with them being able to double up on neighbours to catch them up to same day broadcast?

No worries. 

Me too, I thought they would make up those few weeks when the eps dropped to two per week and at least go into the end of the second or third week of December. What im annoyed about is why are they marketing this as the season finale? The season finale is as we all know a major cliffhanger and the weeks running to them are always big build ups. Oh I hate how channel 5 airs the show sometimes. But I guess we get to watch it. 

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/a34600587/home-and-away-spoilers-dean-thompson-uk-season-finale/

As you can see. Why is this marketed as the season finale?