Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

16 minutes ago, 630si said:

Well in the TV guide first look home and away is in for 6pm on 5star on New year's Day!! 

Which suggest back on C5 on Monday 4th 

Seen some rumours on Facebook about our transmission catching upto Aus due to this

Yeah, it's back Monday Jan 4th on C5. ??

Aaaaah I don't use FB but I can imagine the gap will close significantly. Good!! I still long for a season to be a season in the UK. All done in the same year. 

7 hours ago, Bri1231 said:

Home and Away will return to UK screens on Monday January 4th at 6pm. 

Merry Christmas to everyone reading and here's to an amazing 2021 after a year none of us will forget. 

And here's to another year of our favourite drama :)

It seemed likely but nice to get it confirmed!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, James Martin said:

So as it stands we're only 3 weeks behind, however with Australia getting six episodes a week that gap is expected to increase.

I assume are only transmitting six episodes per week for the short term - possibly to compensate for episodes not shown last year? Knowing their track record for scheduling, anything could happen in the coming months!

6 hours ago, James Martin said:

So as it stands we're only 3 weeks behind, however with Australia getting six episodes a week that gap is expected to increase.

Well, it's effectively already increased since we're 17 episodes behind as of today's episode.I imagine it will ebb and flow throughout the year as it usually does these days!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting announcement yesterday from C5. They've poached Eggheads from BBC. Historically this airs at 6pm opposite Home and Away. I imagine some speculation to follow about a rejig of the schedules. 

****UPDATE****

6pm showing of Home and Away has been dropped also.

Edited by 630si
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, amygeorgia said:

What kind of ratings does H&A get in the UK?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but typically somewhere between 1million -1.3 million once the lunchtime, teatime and 5star first look episode is added together.

Not sure how much of a difference My5 catch up has but it seems it's always up as One of the most popular on demand 

Edited by 630si
  • Like 1

Channel 5 looks to have interupted schedules today (like many channels) did to coverage of HRH Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh's death. 

Likely to affect the lunchtime viewing of Home and Away by the looks of it. 

****UPDATE****

6PM showing has been dropped also for the same reason.

Edited by 630si