Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

On 08/11/2020 at 09:47, 630si said:

Red , forgive my simpleness I'm not sure I understand. Does this date coincide with them being able to double up on neighbours to catch them up to same day broadcast?

Potentially. There's possibly an extra three weeks' worth of Oz episodes that we're not going to get to see until next year, and three weeks' worth of episodes of Neighbours that we haven't seen yet. Might be a coincidence, might not.

On 08/11/2020 at 12:07, Bri1231 said:

As you can see. Why is this marketed as the season finale? 

Because it's when they stop showing it for the year? I guess we'll see how big a cliffhanger it is when we get there. They sometimes end at a point where there's just as big an ending as Oz gets. (Frankly, we got a better ending than them last year, but don't get me started on that farce.)

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Potentially. There's possibly an extra three weeks' worth of Oz episodes that we're not going to get to see until next year, and three weeks' worth of episodes of Neighbours that we haven't seen yet. Might be a coincidence, might not.

Because it's when they stop showing it for the year? I guess we'll see how big a cliffhanger it is when we get there. They sometimes end at a point where there's just as big an ending as Oz gets. (Frankly, we got a better ending than them last year, but don't get me started on that farce.)

Yeah they did plan the Winter finale very well last year. Previous years it was just a random end of week episode with very little to make you go oh my god what happens next. 

In saying that, I still wish they wouldn't market it as the Season finale. But then I guess we all know it's not. I wonder how long it will be off air this year? Probably the regular six weeks but perhaps eight! 

1 hour ago, Bri1231 said:

In saying that, I still wish they wouldn't market it as the Season finale. But then I guess we all know it's not. I wonder how long it will be off air this year? Probably the regular six weeks but perhaps eight! 

It's irritating for those of us in the know, but they're probably not going to market an episode in April as the "season finale" when there's another week of episodes on straight after.I guess it's a way of getting people's attention so they think it's going to be something big.

On 09/11/2020 at 19:08, Red Ranger 1 said:

It's irritating for those of us in the know, but they're probably not going to market an episode in April as the "season finale" when there's another week of episodes on straight after.I guess it's a way of getting people's attention so they think it's going to be something big.

That's true they rarely make a big thing in regards to the actual finale for that reason. But Channel 5 have in the past mentioned before the episode, now on channel 5 Home and Away and this episode is the season opener and also changed the lead in and out of commercial breaks to the Home and Away title card. That only happened a few times though. Most notably in 2004 2010 and I think it was 2014 or 2015. The episode with the bomb at the hospital. 

Okay, so I was wrong about Neighbours. On the plus side, with it being announced Home and Away season is finishing in Oz at the end of the month, that means we'll only have the equivalent of 7 weeks' worth to get through to the season finale when we come back, so should get it around March. Whether this means we'll have a longer break or catch up a bit more, or maybe the show will come back early in Oz to work through a stockpile of episodes, we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

On 19/11/2020 at 13:57, Red Ranger 1 said:

Okay, so I was wrong about Neighbours. On the plus side, with it being announced Home and Away season is finishing in Oz at the end of the month, that means we'll only have the equivalent of 7 weeks' worth to get through to the season finale when we come back, so should get it around March. Whether this means we'll have a longer break or catch up a bit more, or maybe the show will come back early in Oz to work through a stockpile of episodes, we'll have to wait and see.

Just thinking to last year (or was it the year before) when Oz came back very late, in February due to (was it a sporting event???) And all rumours about the show losing its timeslot were rife again. 

Don't need any of that this year! ? 

I suspect C5 already knew Oz planned to finish the end of Nov and perhaps already aware of when they plan to return in Jan so are confident in telling us 11th Jan return date nice and early. 

December is going to fly by I think and itl soon be round again! 

• 1 month later...
On 21/11/2020 at 11:58, 630si said:

Just thinking to last year (or was it the year before) when Oz came back very late, in February due to (was it a sporting event???) And all rumours about the show losing its timeslot were rife again. 

Don't need any of that this year! ? 

I suspect C5 already knew Oz planned to finish the end of Nov and perhaps already aware of when they plan to return in Jan so are confident in telling us 11th Jan return date nice and early. 

December is going to fly by I think and itl soon be round again! 

Lol no rumours next year please. And yeah that was this year. Oh wait, I think lol. 

As I put in a post UK return date confirmed :)

13 minutes ago, Bri1231 said:

Lol no rumours next year please. And yeah that was this year. Oh wait, I think lol. 

As I put in a post UK return date confirmed :)

Well in the TV guide first look home and away is in for 6pm on 5star on New year's Day!! 

Which suggest back on C5 on Monday 4th 

Seen some rumours on Facebook about our transmission catching upto Aus due to this