Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

The problem is a 6:30 Home & Away is then shafted by being up against Hollyoaks.  I certainly can't see them put Neighbours up against Oaks!

I just can't watch 5* as the picture is terrible.  So I'd probably just record the lunchtime showing and watch it back when I had half an hour to myself.  But SD doesn't bother many people; see the crazy figures for Love Island, particularly on streaming.

13 hours ago, James Martin said:

I just can't watch 5* as the picture is terrible. 

So is there an actual problem with the 5* showing then?  I've noticed some big problems a couple of times in the past week or so which ended in me leaving watching early to get ready to go out because the picture and sound kept breaking up, but I thought that was my TV's problem (even though other channels were normal).

3 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

So is there an actual problem with the 5* showing then?  I've noticed some big problems a couple of times in the past week or so which ended in me leaving watching early to get ready to go out because the picture and sound kept breaking up, but I thought that was my TV's problem (even though other channels were normal).

No idea about a specific problem with 5star of late. 

The main overall issue is that it is not in HD which Is just infuriating. I've noticed it's better on one of my TVs and dreadful on the other. 

all the films and dramas they show on 5star too you'd think HD would be a must nowadays

54 minutes ago, 630si said:

No idea about a specific problem with 5star of late. 

The main overall issue is that it is not in HD which Is just infuriating. I've noticed it's better on one of my TVs and dreadful on the other. 

all the films and dramas they show on 5star too you'd think HD would be a must nowadays

Absolutely no issues with 5* for me. All working fine. 
I have an HD tv but honestly, I can’t notice any difference. I don’t even watch any other HD channels deliberately over non HD and I never download in HD. I guess it’s just a personal thing. Maybe some people have sharper eyesight than others! ??

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, James Martin said:

Worth noting we're getting the Olympic Cliffhanger on a Friday despite the DoE's passing knocking the blocks out of sync.

I'm guessing given the erratic scheduling in Oz, the blocks become less relevant.

Yes, I'd noticed that. Whilst I'd still like to get the blocks back at some point, even if we have to wait until next year, maybe there is method to Channel 5's madness after all. I can't remember if the last Olympic Cliffhanger was shown on a Friday or not, but I remember the Commonwealth Cliffhanger three years ago was shown midweek here.

4 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Yes, I'd noticed that. Whilst I'd still like to get the blocks back at some point, even if we have to wait until next year, maybe there is method to Channel 5's madness after all. I can't remember if the last Olympic Cliffhanger was shown on a Friday or not, but I remember the Commonwealth Cliffhanger three years ago was shown midweek here.

The 2016 Olympic finale, flight crash, was broadcast here on a Friday. Totally in sync with OZ including the post Olympics premiere, Monday here in the UK and in OZ. 

3 hours ago, Bri1231 said:

The 2016 Olympic finale, flight crash, was broadcast here on a Friday. Totally in sync with OZ including the post Olympics premiere, Monday here in the UK and in OZ. 

Ah, okay. I guess Oz was sticking closer to a five episodes a week schedule in those days, or else it was a lucky coincidence.

On 23/07/2021 at 08:34, Red Ranger 1 said:

Ah, okay. I guess Oz was sticking closer to a five episodes a week schedule in those days, or else it was a lucky coincidence.

Not too sure. I think that was at a time when Seven were jolting from 4 to 7 episodes per week. Mon and Tues single eps and sometimes a double Wednesday then a triple on a Thursday. There was a year when the airings were very very random and all over the place. I think it was to do with a very late premiere in the year and they took a break for something.   So I think it was just a lucky coincidence for sure. 

Edited by Bri1231
Info