Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

Was it actually on the closing credits? They seem to be mostly peddling hotline numbers. But we've definitely had an announcement either before or after on both days, so they're doing the best they can. (It apparently didn't reach the weekend papers though, which hopefully won't cause confusion.)

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Was it actually on the closing credits? They seem to be mostly peddling hotline numbers. But we've definitely had an announcement either before or after on both days, so they're doing the best they can. (It apparently didn't reach the weekend papers though, which hopefully won't cause confusion.)

Yup it was definitely announced over today's closing credits, just before the helpline credit squeeze came up ?

My PVR's guide hasn't been updated with Wednesday's change yet, so not sure about others. Hopefully that will come through tomorrow and the extra ep gets added to people's series link recordings. Spoke too soon, it's picked it up now ?

• Thanks 1

Home and Away (as well as Neighbours) will return to five eps per week on Channel 5 on Monday 11th May.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2020/04/29/home-and-away-neighbours-to-return-to-5-episodes-per-week-in-uk/

Which does thankfully mean that the blocks will be back in sync (Monday episodes on a Monday etc.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, 630si said:

Amazing news. Is the 6pm showing restored too?

Edit I just read the article which confirms timeslots reinstated!

Very good news.

Yup, just to confirm as it wasn't explicitly stated in the statement (just like the removal of the 6pm showing wasn't stated) - their mention of usual timeslots does include the evening showing being reinstated.

So back to business as usual.... for now at least.

Thanks for the info, Dan! I'm glad that our hopes that they would restore the proper blocks have come true as well.They have their faults, but for some things, Channel 5 really are one of the best.

I think they shot themselves in the foot badly over Neighbours: I think they assumed that at some point it would be taken off air in Oz and they'd still have episodes to show, but that hasn't happened, it might not be taken off at all, they're about two weeks and rising behind and it could reach the point where the only way to catch up is to show extra episodes. The Home and Away decision did at least make sense because we were only about a month behind and it was being taken off in Oz, but with Channel 7 now scheduling six episodes a week again, it's probably about time we went back to the usual schedule.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Thanks for the info, Dan! I'm glad that our hopes that they would restore the proper blocks have come true as well.They have their faults, but for some things, Channel 5 really are one of the best.

I think they shot themselves in the foot badly over Neighbours: I think they assumed that at some point it would be taken off air in Oz and they'd still have episodes to show, but that hasn't happened, it might not be taken off at all, they're about two weeks and rising behind and it could reach the point where the only way to catch up is to show extra episodes. The Home and Away decision did at least make sense because we were only about a month behind and it was being taken off in Oz, but with Channel 7 now scheduling six episodes a week again, it's probably about time we went back to the usual schedule.

My sentiments exactly 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...