Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

The two week break would allow Channel 5 to bridge some of the gap between Aus and UK screening dates, but for some reason Channel 5 seem to want to remain at least 4 weeks behind.  I can’t see them allowing us to catch up, especially as Australian transmissions are liable to further interruption. 

23 minutes ago, Si-Co said:

The two week break would allow Channel 5 to bridge some of the gap between Aus and UK screening dates, but for some reason Channel 5 seem to want to remain at least 4 weeks behind.  I can’t see them allowing us to catch up, especially as Australian transmissions are liable to further interruption. 

I think it's more to do with their contract. From what I understand, they get to show the newest episode first in Europe but have to be a minimum of whatever weeks it is behind Aus pace.

UK soaps are going on reduced episodes from next week.

Channel 7's erratic scheduling has meant Home and Away has been on reduced episodes for some weeks now and we've been catching up.I don't see any reason why we couldn't be a month behind if the show goes off air for two weeks in Australia (in normal circumstances they might show extra episodes when they return to make up the shortfall). At the moment however, production has been shut down and it seems almost inevitable the episodes will be either reduced or taken off completely at some point.

Obviously we posted this earlier, but the news had already been mentioned in here anyway so I didn't see the need to post the link ? 

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2020/03/25/home-and-away-episodes-reduced-on-channel-5-in-the-uk/

What should be noted though is that both soaps are in the usual timeslots - Radio Times are reporting that H&A's afternoon airing will be showing at 12:45, but C5 has confirmed to us that it's wrong.

• Like 1