Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

2 minutes ago, James Martin said:

Are they moving it to 5* or is it going completely?

I'm still trying to work that out. 

As It Stands, it's off completely but available on My5 catch up still.

The 5star first look at 6:30 looks to still be scheduled to go ahead. Which is very higgledy piggledy. I would expect that to either be pulled or changed to air today's C5 episode again.

I'll update you as I know 

15 minutes ago, amygeorgia said:

Neighbours was supposed to be on 5Star now but there's some crime show on instead. 

If Home and Away goes ahead surely they won't skip to Monday's ep?

OK. UPDATE.

after some digging around, tonight's 5star episode looks to be going ahead as scheduled. 

Today's channel 5 episode looks to be Airing on Monday now. 

There is no episode scheduled on 5star for Monday evening. Presumably to catch back up to one episode in front.

16 hours ago, James Martin said:

That's a shame as the blocks are now going to be out-of-sync, unless they schedule a double ep somewhere?

To be honest, I think they're more likely to take it off for four days than squeeze another episode in. A shame we've just gone past Easter, but I guess there's a couple of bank holidays next month. It'd be a shame to fall a week further behind but it'd be nice to get the proper blocks back.

One option is to go to four episode weeks for a month (we've got two bank holidays in May which would help) but I fear we're going to be out of sync for the rest of the year now.

I'd personally just schedule a double episode next week.

In the early days C5 would be quite meticulous about keeping the blocks in sync; back when they had Europa League football rights they would run Home & Away in mid-afternoon, later on they'd demote the evening showing to Five Life.

They then went through a period of dropping it on bank holidays when we started to get dangerously close to Australia.  I think we made it a week behind at one point in the late 2000's.

Edited by James Martin

Maybe the might re sync during the Olympics break? I imagine the show will go off air in Australia for this so maybe Channel 5 may take the same opportunity and reduce episode numbers for 4 weeks to go back into the blocks and remain behind the Australian airings. To be fair Channel 7 have been out of sync for years now with their erratic schedule. For me it's not such an issue really as I tend to be at work when it airs for 3 days one week and 4 the next. So I always watch a double on Mondays then a triple on either Tuesdays or Thursdays which are my alternate week days off. So I will just make sure I keep them in sync via recordings. 

• Like 1

That's a fair point, it matter dledd these days but the cliffhangers won't have the same effect. Also, it's now airing in the correct blocks at 5star Pace. 

So it is still possible to watch it in its intended blocks. 

It's just not in HD...! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 630si said:

That's a fair point, it matter dledd these days but the cliffhangers won't have the same effect. Also, it's now airing in the correct blocks at 5star Pace. 

So it is still possible to watch it in its intended blocks. 

It's just not in HD...! 

Oh if only 5 star was in HD! I didn't even think about that, now they are in the correct airing blocks. Maybe it's more than possible they may want to keep it like that on 5 star now? 

I have to watch in HD though. So record a watch for me.