Storylines you are looking forward to on 5*

Guest beau_t

Spoilers about imminent episodes to follow:

• Meg's death, funeral, Blake imagining she is still alive, and balloon-release
  • Adam in the Surf Club where Alf calls him a flamin' ol' dero....... GEEZTHEYGIVEMEAPAININTHEBACKSIDETHOSEBLOKESWHYCAN'TTHEYGETAREALJOBLIKEVERYBODYELSE???
  • The broken public phone box when Pippa tries to call for help when a heavily pregnant Sophie is stuck on a cliff
  • Irene falling down the stairs, and Damian running away thinking he is wanted for her murder
  • Shane's debut as a juvenile criminal

(assuming Home And Away: The Early Years returns after next Christmas.....)

• Shane's blood feud with Ryan
  • Damian getting into trouble because of Shane
  • Shane & Tug's blood feud
  • Sophie continuing to live through the consequences of her stupidity with David, right up to the end
  • The 1992–93 Cliffhanger: Shane goes to jail, Fin trapped in a shipwreck, and Sophie signing away that baby

I'm talking about the repeats that are showing in in the UK, from the year 2000 onwards, starting with Sally's non wedding.

You are talking about the repeats on 7Two. But I agree I am looking forward to those storylines you mention but that's for a different part of the forum :)

I think Old H&A fan wrote this here on purpose to emphasise how better 90's episodes are than 00's since he thinks the show went downhill since 1996.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoilers about imminent episodes to follow:

• Meg's death, funeral, Blake imagining she is still alive, and balloon-release
  • Adam in the Surf Club where Alf calls him a flamin' ol' dero....... GEEZTHEYGIVEMEAPAININTHEBACKSIDETHOSEBLOKESWHYCAN'TTHEYGETAREALJOBLIKEVERYBODYELSE???
  • The broken public phone box when Pippa tries to call for help when a heavily pregnant Sophie is stuck on a cliff
  • Irene falling down the stairs, and Damian running away thinking he is wanted for her murder
  • Shane's debut as a juvenile criminal

(assuming Home And Away: The Early Years returns after next Christmas.....)

• Shane's blood feud with Ryan
  • Damian getting into trouble because of Shane
  • Shane & Tug's blood feud
  • Sophie continuing to live through the consequences of her stupidity with David, right up to the end
  • The 1992–93 Cliffhanger: Shane goes to jail, Fin trapped in a shipwreck, and Sophie signing away that baby

I'm talking about the repeats that are showing in in the UK, from the year 2000 onwards, starting with Sally's non wedding.

You are talking about the repeats on 7Two. But I agree I am looking forward to those storylines you mention but that's for a different part of the forum :)

I think Old H&A fan wrote this here on purpose to emphasise how better 90's episodes are than 00's since he thinks the show went downhill since 1996.

To be fair the thread title did originally state "TEY", I changed it to 5* after OldH&AFan's post so that it was a bit clearer :wink:

* The landslide is always fun

* Ken's death. I've never seen the aftermath.

* All the Sutherland dramas

* Nathan Roberts return

* Colleen in general, back when she could have a blazing temper. The moment when she discovers that Les stayed over at Irenes for some reason (having left her worrying all night), with a dramatic zoom, hellish music and a kettle whistle is such a funny moment.

* Irene in general. She's so great in these years, especially in her school secretary/ uni days.

* Seeing if I still find the share-house dynamic/ characters to be a complete bore... including Sally, Flynn, Shauna, Charlotte, Jude and all their little temporary flings. Couldn't stand any of them when I watched these episodes the first time, though I was only 11/12 at the time :P When I think of 2001, I think of these people.

* The buildup and aftermath of the ferry sinking, with all those returnees!

* Angie. Most of it will be completely new to me.

*Alfs brain tumour. I remember a really spooky cliffhanger where the lights go out at a play (or a dance?) on the beach at night... and when they come back on, Alf is blind all of a sudden. I haven't seen that since it first aired, but I've wanted to see it again for ages. I'm sure it's the same episode that Alf see's about 10 Ailsa's on the beach!

While I'm enjoying these repeats, I'm really hoping we continue past the point where they stopped last time and get the late 2001/early 2002 stuff with Will and Gypsy's departure and the early Nick and Jade stuff, which we were just on the cusp of when they pulled it.

And hey, I fingered Zoe as the stalker from her first scene and spent the next few months marvelling at how damn obvious it was while everyone on Teletext insisted it was Peter.("She's too nice and bubbly, she's obviously gonna be the stalker...Oh right, they find the plane tickets at the spot where she was standing a few moments earlier, that's not suspicious at all...Oh, so she gets them all to attend a murder mystery event that she can't make and then someone tries to blow it up, how obvious can this be...Right, so she supposedly gets her arm slashed but we don't see it happen, no-one hears rustling in the bushes apart from her and the wound's ridiculously minor, is there anyone who doesn't think she did it to herself?!Oh, apparently there is...")

Like the young clueless person I was back then, I thought it was Sarah Lewis returning from the dead :P:arrow:

Zoe was obvious for the reasons mentioned (always being around at the right/wrong time etc) but I think a reason a lot of viewers had other suspects wasn't because they didn't pick up on the Zoe clues, but because they thought they were too blatant, perhaps intentionally, and were hoping for a bigger twist than the obvious guest character.

I remember thinking it was probably Zoe but hoping it was either Sally (having finally flipped), Josie (acting on behalf of Angie) or Hayley, because nobody would see it coming.

But if we get that far I'm looking forward to seeing it again to see if any more subtle, more clever clues were missed (either by me personally or by us all as a collective).

Archived