Character Birthdays

Homeandawayfan.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Roo was 16 when the show started, which would make her 42 or 43 now.I did the maths and yeah, Irene would be 60.Have we ever been given a definitive age for Marilyn?I seem to remember she was said to be about 28 in about 1996, which depending on accuracy would make her 45-47.

I remember Marilyn's age being mentioned in 1990 when she went back to school as she was older than the other students obviously at the time.

I think she was born around 1968 or 1969. I can't remember exactly but if I saw the episode again it would definitely confirm how old she is today.

It was stated that Marilyn was 21 on 24th July 1990, and then stated that she was 22 on 15th July 1992... which would indicate that her birthdate was between 16th-23rd July 1969.

But saying that, her birthday was given in 1998 as 29th March.

So again, it's pretty much impossible to be certain on anything to draw up a definitive list.

Neighbours and H&A have never been hot on character birthdays. Lou Carpenter has celebrated his birthday in April, October and November. I think with some characters the birthdays may tally but with a lot they dont. Helen Daniels was born inbetween 1922 and 1926. In H&A Bobby's DOB has fluctuated inbetween December and March and her year of birth has been either 1969 or 1970.

Flynn Saunders and Hayley Smith's birthdays has been quite consistent and Flatheads birthday was only ever mentioned once.

Neighbours and H&A have never had archivists, someone to remind the writers of backhistory. The British soaps do have researchers.

I think Roo was 16 when the show started, which would make her 42 or 43 now.I did the maths and yeah, Irene would be 60.Have we ever been given a definitive age for Marilyn?I seem to remember she was said to be about 28 in about 1996, which depending on accuracy would make her 45-47.

I remember Marilyn's age being mentioned in 1990 when she went back to school as she was older than the other students obviously at the time.

I think she was born around 1968 or 1969. I can't remember exactly but if I saw the episode again it would definitely confirm how old she is today.

It was stated that Marilyn was 21 on 24th July 1990, and then stated that she was 22 on 15th July 1992... which would indicate that her birthdate was between 16th-23rd July 1969.

But saying that, her birthday was given in 1998 as 29th March.

So again, it's pretty much impossible to be certain on anything to draw up a definitive list.

Indeed, so I think it's fair to assume that she's born somewhere between 1968 to 1970 approximately.

I just remember the mention of her Birthday from 1990 after watching the Early Years episodes.

It is not very common but not unknown for people to lose track of their age, they may know their DOB but their current age may not compute. I am 32 now but the other day thought I was 31 until I realised. Or Maz may have shaved a year off her age. Some of the inconsistencies could be down to those 2 reasons in some cases although if the continuity of H&A was completely flawless with backstories and birthdays it would not be as interesting.

Yes it is something that will be added at some point, possibly to profiles too. Perhaps that can be one of the next things to work on once I'm through the current updates I'm doing in the Reference section.

Though we'd only use dates that have been stated on screen and we can source the episode as proof, or ones that can be narrowed down to a pretty specific set of dates.

• 5 weeks later...

Jack Holden - June 15 1981

Actually Jack was born in 1979, because i remember in 2009 Tony was sad because when Leah had her 30th birthday it remined him that he would never see his son turn 30. And wasn´s John´s 50th birthday in 2011?

I have been thinking allot before on the current cast and present and how old they are, here is my guess

Ruby Bucton . 1993

Xavier Austin - 1993

Casey Braxton - 1993

Roo Stewart - 1971

Dexter Walker - 1993, i guess 1993 on many of the teens because they all went in same class/year

Indi Walker - 1992 seeing as shes suppose to be his older brother

April Scott - 1993

Bianca Scott - 1985

Daryl Braxton - 1981

Heath Braxton - 1985

Romeo Smith - 1992

Maddie Osbourne - 1996

Spencer Harrington - 1996

Chris Harrington - 1992

Hannah Macguire - 1981

Zac Macguire - 1978

Ethan Macguire - 1975, he looks like hes far into his 30s

Oscar Macguire - 1997

Evelyn Macguire - 1997, they said in 2013 they where soon turning 16 so i assume they turned 16 in late 2013

Jack Holden - 1979, Tony mentioned in 2009 that this year would be Jack´s 30th birthday

Kim Hyde - 1989

Rachel Armstrong - 1979, i remember it being a talk about the fact that Kim was 18 while she was 10 years older (While in real life they are only 3 years apart) I think Casey's is 1994 he was a bit younger than the other teens he had his 19th in january last year

• 2 weeks later...

Archived