Character Birthdays

Homeandawayfan.

Spencer did indeed turn 17 in April 2013 so should definitely be 18 now.Either the law's different in Australia or the writers have changed/forgotten how old Spencer is.(Or Alf did?)Something similar happened with Dexter, he appeared to need an adult present when he was questioned over Stu's death, even though the age that had been given for him in earlier episodes meant he should have been 18 at the time.Sasha turned 16 in April 2012, so she should be 18.I'm not sure if we've ever explicitly been given an age for Matt, but I'd guess at 18.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donald is 8 years younger than Norman Coburn, and I think that was already decided when the show first aired, or at least by mid 1987. In May 1988, Don said him and Barbara were the same age and only a few years older than what Frank is now and he wed Babs 19 years ago. So that ties in with his 50th birthday in Feb 1995. Luckily they have never messed Don's age up like they did with Alf.
Pippa's age seems to have always been consistent as has Ailsa's, Frank's, Shane's, Damo's etc.

I find the younger characters ages tend to be tweaked more than older characters.

Spencer did indeed turn 17 in April 2013 so should definitely be 18 now.Either the law's different in Australia or the writers have changed/forgotten how old Spencer is.(Or Alf did?)Something similar happened with Dexter, he appeared to need an adult present when he was questioned over Stu's death, even though the age that had been given for him in earlier episodes meant he should have been 18 at the time.Sasha turned 16 in April 2012, so she should be 18.I'm not sure if we've ever explicitly been given an age for Matt, but I'd guess at 18.

The writers must have forgotten as being interviewed at a police station requires the accompaniment of an adult or guardian if you are under 18 in Australia!

The Victorian Legal Aid website gives details about the rights that a person under 18 has when it comes to police investigations. I'd assume NSW is quite similar to Victoria with maybe some small variations at best.

http://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/police-powers-and-your-rights/young-people-and-police

Donald is 8 years younger than Norman Coburn, and I think that was already decided when the show first aired, or at least by mid 1987. In May 1988, Don said him and Barbara were the same age and only a few years older than what Frank is now and he wed Babs 19 years ago. So that ties in with his 50th birthday in Feb 1995. Luckily they have never messed Don's age up like they did with Alf.

Pippa's age seems to have always been consistent as has Ailsa's, Frank's, Shane's, Damo's etc.

I find the younger characters ages tend to be tweaked more than older characters.

Correct! Donald was born in February 1945 so he should be turning 70 this month.

Alf was originally born in 1943 but they changed it to 1945 and they've stuck with that ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Don and Alf can put their application forms in for the Over 70s Club soon lol.

I noticed something was not right about Casey's age when I saw the plaque but at least they got the day and month right.

I don't know exactly how old Brax is but I guess 32 or 33. Steve is 33 so Brax must be the same age group. Heath was born in 1985 so Brax was born no later than say mid 1984.

We were told Brax's age at his trial, or at least told enough to be able to work it out.I think he was said to be 30, which suggests a 1983 birthdate and would make him 31/32 now.

Correct RR1! I think Brax was said to be about 17 years of age when Johnny Barrett died and his death occurred around 2000/2001 which would now make him 31/32 as you say.

Archived