Character Birthdays

Homeandawayfan.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy birthday Donald Fisher for 13th Feb, 69 today. :P It is still 12 Feb here in the Uk but must be 13 Feb in Aus now.

I thought John was born in October 1962.

Maz will be 46 this year.

I wonder how old Ricki Sharpe is? About 25 I'd say.

Waith 13th Feb? My clock here in Norway only says 22:56 12th feb

Alf was originally born in about 1943 as he said he was 45 in 1988. But they later retconned this to July 1945. On occasions there have been discrepancies like this with the odd character. As Dan F confirmed H&A has never had an archivist, a historian who reminds the writers of anecdotes like birthdays and how many years someone has been wed, etc. But I have found 75% of the birthdays to be quite consistent.

Can anyone clarify this, did Ailsa mention her age in 1989? I heard she said once that she was 42.

I would love to be a Home And Away archivist.

Alf was originally born in about 1943 as he said he was 45 in 1988. But they later retconned this to July 1945. On occasions there have been discrepancies like this with the odd character. As Dan F confirmed H&A has never had an archivist, a historian who reminds the writers of anecdotes like birthdays and how many years someone has been wed, etc. But I have found 75% of the birthdays to be quite consistent.

Can anyone clarify this, did Ailsa mention her age in 1989? I heard she said once that she was 42.

You're quite right about Alf's original age. I clearly remember him saying that he was 45 in 1988 but they changed this afterwards by making him younger by two years. Honestly I don't see what the big deal was about changing his age slightly.

Ailsa may have once said she was 42 in 1989 but I can't remember her saying it though. I always thought she died at the age of 50 in 2000 which meant she was born in 1950 but I always thought she was older than 50 when she died to be honest.

You're quite right about Alf's original age. I clearly remember him saying that he was 45 in 1988 but they changed this afterwards by making him younger by two years. Honestly I don't see what the big deal was about changing his age slightly.

Ailsa may have once said she was 42 in 1989 but I can't remember her saying it though. I always thought she died at the age of 50 in 2000 which meant she was born in 1950 but I always thought she was older than 50 when she died to be honest.

He may have been 45 but turned 46 that year

Well Ailsa's age probably has always been 1950 born.

Don's age have only ever been mentioned once, his 50th birthday.

People may make a fuss about a change of age but I am against rewrites of history really, unless they are done in error. If done on purpose I am not keen on as it is an insult to the long term viewers. Alf was originally born 1942/1943, which would have made him older than Don.

Archived