Character Birthdays

Homeandawayfan.

I think Dexter's actually a fair bit older than April, given that she didn't turn 17 until March 2011 by which point he'd been 17 for several months.But if you're expecting consistency on the show when it comes to characters' ages and birthdays, good luck.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dexter's actually a fair bit older than April, given that she didn't turn 17 until March 2011 by which point he'd been 17 for several months.But if you're expecting consistency on the show when it comes to characters' ages and birthdays, good luck.

I remember April's 17th being celebrated and I think Dex's and Indi's ages were mentioned when Sasha turned up.

When Sasha showed up she asked Dex and Indi's ages and they responded with 17 and 19 at the time, that would tie in with Dex being 18 now however if he was supposed to be 17 during the mitzy/marilyn thing it sounds like they've de-aged him. Especially since in august he was supposed to be 18. I guess it's random because Rhiannon Fish is a good few yrs older than Charles Cottier in real life and so it would perhaps make sense for them to make April a bit older but they don't really stick to anything you're right in terms of continuity. I also remember when Xavier and Dex were interviewed regarding Stu's death they made this big moment where Sid was asked to accompany Dex because he needed an adult present but Xavier was 18 so could be questioned alone. And that was earlier last year, which would tie in with him being 18 now.

I think Dexter was deaged in 2011 but I've never bothered to check all the ages and dates and see if they contradict each other.Going by his original age, he should be 19 by now:He said he was 18 shortly after he got out of hospital, around September last year, has it been mentioned since then?They did make a big deal about Xavier not needing an adult since he was 18 then Dexter had Sid there but it's possible if not likely that he was 18 and had Sid in instead of a solicitor(Irene had Alf in when she was questioning over Lou's murder and she's definitely over 18).Harvey said Dexter was 18 when he was dating Lottie, round about May last year.

All I remember them saying is 'your son needs an adult present' to Sid. It's all rather random, it'd make your head spin overthinking it, I just wish they'd make up a dob when the characters are introduced and tell the actor so they can stick to it, it boggles the mind. Sid told April she was 18 and had her whole life ahead of her last year towards the end of it, and they said Dex was 18 in the hospital towards the end of the year too. Nothing's been mentioned since, maybe we'll get some confirmation now they're starting uni.

Also Romeo's got to be 20 something now the amount of times that boy's had to repeat his HSC.

• 2 weeks later...

Miles and Sally were 34 a few days ago and Leah will be 34 on the 17th.

It is still 12th here in the Uk but in Aus it is the 13th so happy 68th birthday Donald. 2 years until the next Big One.

Yep that's right. Happy Birthday to Don Fisher :P

On a sad note, I just realised Flynn died on this date 7 years ago. Where have the times gone :unsure:

Archived