Trust in Me (by Danni02) - comments

Inactive User

Brax is being SUCH a pain right now !!!! ACE chapter, especially …..

Charlie gave them a smile before she left the room, seeing Brax already straight back over to the moses basket to check on Katie as Ella pulled at the bottom of his t-shirt, craving for some of her daddy’s attention. “Ella stop it.” Brax batted her hand away.

“But you see me daddy.” Ella moaned. “We play.”

“Ella,” Brax raised his voice. “I’m going to give Katie a bath.”

“No, you play.” Ella banged her foot against the floor.

“Surely you can bath her when the twins are in bed.” Charlie said as she and Noah put some of the twins’ toys back into the play box at the back of the living room.

“Nah I’m just going to do it now,” Brax answered. “There’s a footie match coming on that I want to watch later eh.” Brax once again pushed Ella’s hand away before he lifted Katie into his arms.

“So you’re not even going to bath and put the twins to bed tonight?” Charlie questioned. “It’s your night for the bed time routine.”

Brax gave a shrug. “If I have too.”

Charlie pursed her lips together as she shook her head as Brax walked out of the room with Katie. “Daddy.” Ella ran after him, her voice sounding like she was about to cry.

“Good.” Ruby smiled weakly at the news. April was trying to get over her. Should she just leave her and let her try with Violet or should she tell her? After all she was the reason she split up with Romeo and she was the reason Ruby was feeling like this. Problem was, Ruby didn’t know what the feelings meant, that she still needed to work out. A few days ago she felt only friendship for April, so how come now, she was suddenly feeling something more? It didn’t really make sense to her. And she found herself wanting to talk to her mother about it before going to say anything to April.

“Yeah, I’m going to see her again tomorrow. We’re going to do some revision together for the exams.” April smiled lightly.

“So you’re happy with her then?” Ruby questioned.

“Well we’ve been on one date,” April answered. “But I like her, she’s a nice girl.”

“Got over me quickly then.” Ruby muttered.

“No,” April shook her head. “But I have to try to move on, right, I mean you’re straight so...” April trailed off as she looked at her friend.

“Mmm,” Ruby pursed her lips together as she gave a little nod. “Well I think I might have an early night so...” Ruby looked up to her friend. “If you don’t mind.”

April exhaled feeling like Ruby wanted her gone. “Sure, I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight.”

“Night.” Ruby smiled weakly at her friend as she left the room. She sighed as she fell back in the bed before slapping her forehead with her palm, not knowing what to do.

“How did you know that you liked Joey more than a friend?” Ruby questioned as she looked up to her mother. “You know, another woman.”

“Oh,” Charlie was taken aback by her daughter’s question. She didn’t expect it to be that. “Well I....I got nervous around her, but felt excited at the same time, I was always glad when I bumped into her. I’d sometimes take a different route to work in hope I bumped into her, I would get a funny feeling in my stomach if she touched my arm or wherever. I’d day dream about us being together,” Charlie stopped taking as she pursed her lips together, remembering her time with Joey. “Pretty much the same as when I started to like a guy.”

“Would you date another woman?” Ruby questioned.

“I plan on being Brax for the rest of my life,” Charlie exhaled lightly. “Might not be the case now with everything we are going through, but, I really hope that’s the case. But if I did end up single again I wouldn’t rule it out. You know, if it happened, I’d go with it.”

“And what if I said I like a girl?” Ruby questioned.

“I’d tell you to try it,” Charlie said. “If you’re having feelings for someone, anyone, you should give yourself the chance to be happy.”

“So you wouldn’t care if I turned out gay?” Ruby questioned.

“Well it would be a bit hypocritical of me if I did, would it not?” Charlie questioned.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to slap Brax so hard right now..he has lost the plot! Really hope the results come back soon! Brilliant writing though Danni..loving it! Please update soon! Xx

Ps also forgot to say I REALLY hope Ruby tells April before April goes to study with Violet! :)

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER