Trust in Me (by Danni02) - comments

Inactive User

Oh wow I really wanted to slap Brax in this chapter ;/ he has lost the plot! He can't blame Charlie for not wanting to bond with Katie, if she is his..it could potentially be the end of their marriage..and this, him taking his ring off has not helped! I hope Charlie isn't in a forgiving mood in the morning! Great writing once again Danni! :) Xx

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ADORED the twins and Ruby speaking French !!!!!!!!! LOOOVED that, most especially ......

“Yup,” Charlie nodded her head as she saw Ella walking down the hall from her corner of her eye. “Hey trouble, you can’t sleep either?”

Ella shook her head as she climbed up onto her mother’s knee. “I’s too hot mummy.” Ella pulled at her nightdress, trying to get some air into her body.

“Take your nightdress off petal.” Charlie said as she moved her daughter’s hair from in front of her face.

“Then what I wear to bed?” Ella put her hands out to the side as she looked puzzled.

“You’ll have your panties on.” Charlie answered.

“No,” Ella gasped. “I can’t be just my panties.” Ella said looking most shocked.

“Sure you can,” Charlie laughed at her daughter’s facial expression. “It’s summer time, it’s hot and it’s okay to wear just panties in your bed.”

“No mummy,” Ella shook her head. “I maybe get too cold.”

“Well then you could put your nightdress back on.” Charlie replied.

“It a kitty dress,” Noah said as he pointed to the Hello Kitty on Ella’s nighty. “I no like kitty’s.”

“Hello Kitty is the best Noah.” Ella gave her brother a scowl.

“No for boys,” Noah answered. “It’s Thomas train.” Noah pointed to the picture of Thomas the Tank Engine on his pyjama top.

“No it’s kitty.” Ella raised her voice.

“Thomas train.” Noah shouted.

“Kitty.” Ella clenched her little fists together as she looked angry at her brother’s insistence that Thomas train was better than Hello Kitty.

“Thomas.” Noah squealed.

“Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.” Ella flung her hands out and tried to claw at her brother.

“Hey hey,” Charlie pulled the twins apart. “They are both equally as good,” Charlie said, making peace between the twins. “Now it’s past everyone’s bedtime so let’s go back to bed, yes?”

“No, I’s too hot.” Ella sighed as she hit her hand against her chest in frustration.

“Well take your nightdress off,” Charlie replied. “You won’t be too hot then.”

“Not surprised,” Charlie sighed as Brax walked further into the kitchen and leaned against one of the chairs at the table for support. “I see you’ve had more than a couple of drinks.”

“Oh so what,” Brax sighed. “I can do what I want and anyways seems you’ve been drinking too.” Brax made to point to the bottle of red wine that was on the worktop but stopped and put his hand back on the chair supporting him.

“I had one glass when Bianca came around.” Charlie sighed.

“And I had lots more on my night with Heath,” Brax replied. “It was great. No nagging wife at my side,” Charlie pursed her lips together as she looked to her husband, disgusted at the state he’d gotten himself in. “You know I got a little drunk, does it really matter?” Brax questioned before he gagged, bringing his left hand up and covering his mouth.

“That’s what got you into this mess in the first place so I thought right now the last thing you’d do would be to go out and get drunk.” Charlie spoke quietly as she watched Brax gently swaying on the spot.

“Well if you knew how much my wife had been annoying me lately with her constant nagging and argument causing then you‘d understand.” Brax said before once again placing his hand on his chest and swallowing.

“You do realise you are talking to your wife right now, right?” Charlie questioned, trying her best to keep calm.

“Oh.” Brax rubbed his forehead with his left hand and it was then Charlie noticed the absence of his wedding band

“No, I want to try things with you. You’re my petit dejeuner but -”

“I’m your breakfast?” April laughed.

Ruby felt herself going red. “Okay so I haven’t taken French in years, my bad.” Ruby laughed.

“Aww that was sweet you trying to speak in French though,” April said as they walked into the school gates. “What word were you looking for?”

“Eh, never mind,” Ruby shook her head as she saw Bianca walking over to them. “Do you want me to leave you...” Ruby stopped taking as she felt April’s hand going onto her arm. She wanted her to stay. Ruby exhaled as she moved her arm away, letting April’s hand fall from its place.

“April,” Bianca spoke quietly. “I just wanted to wish you luck for your first exam.”

April gave her sister a weak smile. “I heard you were back with Heath,” April said. “Eh, I’m glad you can find a way to be happy with him again.”

Bianca smiled softly. “Thanks,” Bianca looked down to Ruby, noticing she was biting her lip at the awkwardness between the two sisters. “Eh -”

“Well we need to go inside,” April said. “See you.” April pulled on Ruby’s arm, the pair of them walking away and into the school, ready to sit their first exam.

Casey’s re-appearance on the scene is rather intriguing !!!! Enjoyed that, most especially ......

“I’ll come.” Ella threw her pirate sword down and ran over to Charlie. Charlie still not used to Ella wanting to be with her. Normally Noah would be the first one to say he wanted to go with her.

“Me too mummy.” Noah said as he ran over to her and his sister, Noah keeping a hold of his sword.

“Someone having a rough morning?” The man looked into the house to see Noah’s tantrum, Ella running around the table screaming about her ice-cream and Katie crying hard in his arms.

“Don’t even...” Brax exhaled as he shook his head.

“I just need you to sign for this.” The postman said.

“Oh,” Brax looked down to the envelope and was pretty sure he knew what it was, but was surprised it had arrived today. “I didn’t expect this today.” Brax said as he moved a still screaming Katie in his arms and signed for the results.

“Well it’s here,” The postman said as he handed it to him. “Hope your day gets better.” The postman said before walking away. Brax closed the door as he stared down at the results, knowing he should wait for Charlie to come home before he opened them, but not sure if he could wait to find out if he was indeed Katie’s father.

April and Ruby were walking home after their exam. “So it was nice of Bianca to wish you luck.” Ruby gave April a little smile.

“Sure it was,” April rolled her eyes. “It’s not her wishing me luck that I want from her. Well I suppose unless it was to wish me luck in my new relationship,” April lightly brushed her hand against Ruby’s, making Ruby clear on what she was on about but neither of them yet ready for full PDAs. “Maybe she’ll be different if she knows it’s you I’m with. She’s known you for like ever and she likes you. I mean, she cares about you. You know, we’re all close really, Bianca, me, you and your mum.”

“Maybe,” Ruby gave a little shrug. “Might make it worse though,” Ruby said. “Might accuse me or even my mum of influencing you and turning you.”

“Wouldn’t put it passed her right now, actually,” April sighed. “But you’ve been boy crazy the last few years. Surely if anything I was the one who’s turned you.”

“I wouldn’t really say I’ve turned to be honest,” Ruby exhaled. “I mean I enjoy kissing you and want to see what comes of us but I’m not about to put a label on myself.”

“Right,” April screwed her face up, kind of confused. Was Ruby trying to tell her she still saw herself as straight?

“Hey Rubes.” Ruby turned around to see Casey running towards them, a decent sized sports bag around his shoulder.

“What do you want?” Ruby questioned.

“How tough was that exam huh?” Casey questioned. “Why did we ever decide to take biology?”

“It wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be actually,” Ruby answered. “So, you’re walking this way with us because?” Ruby questioned. “Isn’t the bus to Mangrove River the other way?”

“Yeah,” Casey answered. “I’m coming to stay with Brax for a while, hopefully.”

“Why?” Ruby screwed her face up.

“Mum threw me out,” Casey sighed. “She wants me to get a job to give her money for booze and pokey’s but I want to go into Year 12 and do my HSC.”

“Yeah well there’s no room at our house so go cry to someone else.” Ruby said, not liking the idea that her ex-boyfriend could be living with her while she was trying to make something of it with April.

“Yeah there is,” Casey gave a little laugh of confusion. “You have a spare bedroom.”

“I’m staying in it right now,” April answered. “Bianca threw me out too.”

“And anyways mum and Brax are having some trouble so he doesn’t need his stupid little brother hanging around either.”

“But it’s alright for April to stay?” Casey sighed. “Brax is my bro and I know he’ll let me stay no matter what,” Casey said. “So get used to it.” Casey smirked.

Ruby sighed lightly. “He’s also my stepdad and he wasn’t very impressed with you when you cheated on me, was he?” Ruby questioned.

OMG the results!!! Can't wait to see if he is the father or not!! I was waiting for Ruby to say she was with April when Casey kept going on about being with a real man...really hope he doesn't stay with them! Brilliant writing, once again. Please update soon! Xx

Wow, lot going on in that chapter!I can see Ruby's point about needing time to get used to her new state of affairs but she needs to stop hiding her relationship with April away at some point.Liked the information about Cheryl and the balanced discussion.And that ending?Wow.Was really not expecting that.

Am still wondering if Heath's the father, he and Brax would have similar DNA after all. Guess we'll only know for sure if Katie's mum comes back.

You are such a talented writer, that this feels real like I want to peg my phone at a wall after reading that!

After all the build up Brax is the dad ..... NOT happy :(

Don't know where Chax go from here! I get so vested lmao ... Don't know if I can take any more :(

Great writing as always ... But not a happy camper!

Edited by beebee