Official H&A Facebook

Guest cadyctslover

Apologies for starting a new topic for such a small point, but this momentarily irritated me enough to write it down!

Is this not a tiny bit sexist?

As a guy, objectification of men in this way honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest. However, can you imagine the drama it would cause if it was the other way around. Imagine the outrage if they put up a picture of Bianca coming out of the shower with a towel on and a caption "'Like' if you want Bianca's towel to drop off!".

If we're all equal (and we are) then it should be ok both ways, or it shouldn't be ok both ways.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I left the H&A FB page because I didn't like the way it was run. There are a lot of comments about the girls too. I made a complaint at one point because not only were the comments sexist, they were inappropriate for younger fans. But whoever runs the page didn't care. So I left. You'll probably start to notice the other comments now that you've noticed this one.

I read that on FB and a part of me thought 'what the heck? they can't ask a question like that'.

You have a very good point. It should either work both ways, or not at all. And I can't see them doing that with female cast members...

• 4 weeks later...

The main thing I've noticed with the FB page is the complete and utter stupidity of most of the people who comment! There'll be a perfectly reasonable question asked about something specific, then hundreds of people will reply saying things like "I luv H&A" or "OMG Brax nd Heath r so hot!" or other such irrelevant nonsense! Needless to say, I unliked the page pretty quickly!

Yes I know that this might come across as being a prude, but it just looks sleazy to post something like that - its the 'Official Home and Away' page - no wonder H&A has a bad reputation for being cheap, superficial, sex obsessed 'drama'.

Yes it is. But if all they are wanting is promotion and getting the page out there, "what can we put up which will get as many likes as possible?" that's a pretty good start. All those people who clicked like will have had that like on their page and shown to all their friends etc etc. Pretty good promotion. Even if it's not the right way to go about it maybe. Just like promotions girls! But if you say it's just 13 year olds saying stupid things, then it's probably exactly right for them. They aren't going to say anything interesting, no real discussions, that's all they respond to, you can't get them involved in any real way. A picture says a thousand words, or 1000 likes so it seems .. or 16,114 in this case!!

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say it was sexist, as they do similar things with the women of the show - and women are treated or talked about as sex objects by men all the time (I'm not saying by all men but by quite a few.)

However, I do think it is in very bad taste. It's pervy and juvenile and I'm pretty sure that sight is run by a bunch of thirteen year olds.

• 4 weeks later...

I am very disgusted with the H&A Facebook page tonight! A picture of Colleen in 1988 was posted and the bloody teens are all over it saying things like "Heath better be on TV tonight it would make my night" FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! Can we not have a picture of another character

who is leaving tonight

posted without The River Duds being mentioned the show ISN'T just about them! :@

I am very disgusted with the H&A Facebook page tonight! A picture of Colleen in 1988 was posted and the bloody teens are all over it saying things like "Heath better be on TV tonight it would make my night" FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! Can we not have a picture of another character

who is leaving tonight

posted without The River Duds being mentioned the show ISN'T just about them! :@

I feel your pain!

Archived