In the Adult World (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was ACE !!!!!, especially ......

 Dexter fingered with his tie.“Is this too black?”

Sid looked as though he wasn’t quite sure how to answer.“It’s fine, Dex,”he said at last.

“And it’s those cute little weird bits that keep a guy interested,”Casey noted.

 Xavier came in and sat next to her.“Look, I know this is going to be hard, it’s going to be hard on both of us.But…we’ve just got to get through today.If we don’t, then we’re just going to feel like we let her down.All right?”

 Ruby found her gaze drawn slightly to where Casey was sitting with Dexter and Sasha in the second row from the front.She forced herself to look away and turn her attention to where Xavier and Indi were sitting in the front row, along with Sid, Gina and John.

 he snapped without looking at her,“Let’s just do this and then we can argue when we get home.”

 I think it demonstrates the strength of a family’s commitment to each other that they’re willing to help each other through the pain.

 ,“About her first smile, her first word, the first time she looked at us.But I can’t, because she never got to do any of those things.We never really got to say hello to her.We just get to say goodbye.”He turned and looked at the tiny coffin.“So, I guess all I can say is that we love you and we’re never going to forget you.”

 Casey sighed.“Look…I’m not saying that what you did didn’t hurt me at the time but it’s nearly two years ago now and I’m happy with Dexter so, maybe we should put it behind us?”

Ruby breathed a sigh of relief.“I’d be happy to do that.”

 “Julia?Yeah, she’s well.She’s at the grabbing stage at the moment, where anything you put within reach of her gets picked up and played with.”

 Xavier tried hard not to take the comment personally but it still felt like a rejection.“Okay,”he replied.He kissed her on the cheek before walking away from her, both of them alone again.

The Indi/Xavier stuff is just so WAAAAAY emotional !!!!! LOOOOVRD that, especially ......

 Ruby was gently bouncing Julia on her lap as Romeo came home.He planted a kiss on the top of his girlfriend’s head.“

 “Yeah, now we just have to worry about being poor after we’re married.”

“Hello!”a female voice called from the kitchen,“International celebrity requiring warm welcome here!”

Ruby was thrown by the unexpected interruption, although there was something naggingly familiar about the voice

 “I bewitched him with my evil powers.”

“Thought so.”Mink sat down next to her soon-to-be sister-in-law and tickled Julia’s chin slightly. “Still I’ll say one thing for you two.You make cute babies.Has this little one got a smile for your Auntie Mink?”

 Even though he didn’t want to, Xavier could feel himself starting to get annoyed.“This was your idea!”he shouted,“You told me you wanted to make love!And now you’re acting like I’ve tried to force myself on you!”

“I don’t want to get pregnant, okay?”Indigo shouted back,“I can’t go through that again!I can’t have sex with you, I’m sorry!”She got up and stormed out of the room.

 .“Don’t let your mum turn you into one of those girlie girls, okay?Being the tough chick’s a lot more fun.”

 “Hey, I might be blunt but I’m not heartless.

 “No, because me being here isn’t helping you.It isn’t helping either of us.I’ve just lost my daughter and I’m trying to help you through it and you won’t let me.Every time I try and do something for you you push me away.And I can’t cope with it any more, Indi.I can’t.”

Indi scowled at him.“Fine, then, go!See if I care.”

“Look, I’ll be in touch later, okay?”Xavier went to kiss her on the cheek but she pulled away from him.Sighing, he headed out the door.

Indi didn’t think she had any tears left.But as she collapsed onto the sofa, somehow she found some.