In the Adult World (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was ACE !!!!!!!, especially ......

 “I’ll talk to Ruby, I’ll explain that it was all my fault…”

“Just let me handle Ruby, okay?You’ve got enough problems of your own to deal with.”Sasha went to kiss him on the cheek but he pulled away.“I think we should probably keep away from each other for a while, okay?Until things have settled down.”

 .“What the hell have you done?”she demanded.

It was a question Romeo was reluctant to answer.“Where’s Ruby?”

“Gone,”Charlie replied angrily,“I got here and found her packing her bags, saying she couldn’t face you.She just charged out of here, took Julia with her, wouldn’t tell me where she was going.Well?”

 Ruby stared at her friend for a moment and then burst into tears.Nicole put her arms around her and let Ruby bury her face into her shoulder, holding her in bemused but genuine comfort.

“You cry,”George proclaimed sagely, staring hard at Ruby sat on the couch.

“Yes, I was crying,”Ruby confirmed,“But I’m happy again now.See?”She put on a broad smile that wouldn’t have fooled anyone over the age of five.

Fortunately, George wasn’t that old so he just smiled back at her.

 “Well, his lips and hers were attached so…probably not, no.”She shrugged.“I guess it’s what I deserve.I mean, it’s not like either of us were single when we first hooked up, maybe it’s not a surprise he’s cheated on me.”

 The WHOLE sequence tween Mink & Xave !!!!

 Sid’s eyes flicked in both directions down the hall.“Well, Sasha’s in her room crying and refusing to come out and Indi’s in the front room being quiet.”

Dexter considered this for a few moments.“I’ll take the front room,”he decided at last.He slipped past his father and sat down opposite his sister.

 “Well, I seem to remember I had to push you and Xav back together last time you broke up.You’re over here looking miserable, he’s at his mum’s place being miserable, why don’t you be miserable together?”

Indi held his gaze a lot longer this time.“I’ll think about it,”she said at last.

WOAH !!!! LOTS going on there ….some happy, some so NOT happy!!!!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOVED it, especially ......

 Romeo paused in the doorway of the garage.He’d been coming in every day for the last week even though there was no work, just to make sure there wasn’t anything he could do.The fact that Ric insisted on continuing to pay his wage, even though Romeo knew he was hard up himself, didn’t help with his guilt.Nor did the lack of work do much to stop him from brooding about Ruby and Julia’s absence.

 Ric held up one of the sheets of paper he’d been looking through.“And this is from that supplier.It says the brake pads are defective and shouldn’t be used.”

Romeo looked hopeful.“So it wasn’t our fault then?It was down to the manufacturer?”

Ric shook his head.“I got this letter two weeks before we fixed Linda’s car.”

 “Getting some fresh air,”Mink told him,“Laughing at the people who think they can surf.Taking in the sights.What do you make of that sight?”

Xavier looked where she was pointing…and saw Indi standing further along the beach, Dexter at her side, looking at him.He looked back at Mink.“Did you set this up?”

“Don’t question it, kid.Just get going.”

Indi saw Xavier walking towards her.“I’m going to kill you for this,”she told Dexter quietly.

“You’ll thank me for it one day.”

Indi started walking as well until she and Xavier met up in the middle.“We seem to have a lot of interfering friends,”Xavier commented.

Indi nodded.“It’s irritating, isn’t it?”

 “I think about Jane a lot.Whether she’s…I dunno, looking down on us from somewhere.And if she is, I think she’d probably want her parents to be happy.”

“I want us to be happy too.”

Indi leaned forward and kissed him.And they stood there, kissing softly, their lives suddenly a little bit brighter.

 The WHOLE little Casey, Mink, Dex bit !!!!

 Nicole quickly interposed herself between him and the bathroom.“Might have to wait a bit.Ruby’s in the shower.”

“Again?”Aden sighed.“How long’s she staying?”

“Aden, she’s my friend!”

“Yeah and I like her too but seriously, it’s been two weeks.”He put his arms around her waist and kissed her lightly on the side of the head.“And I’m kinda missing all the marital displays of affection.”

 Aden hesitated.“Have you spoken to Romeo lately?”he asked.

Ruby scowled.“No and I’m not going to.”

 He noticed Xavier and Indi further down the beach.They seemed to be getting on well.He felt happy for them up to a point but it was just another reminder of what he’d lost.

He ran into the water, jumping onto his board, waiting for the right wave to come.He caught it and for a moment he felt a rush of exhilaration as he surfed the wave.Then he lost his balance and toppled into the water.He splashed about, frustrated that he couldn’t even manage that.

Which was when a wave caught his board and slammed it into his head.

Consciousness leaving him, no longer aware of what was happening to him much less able to stop it, he sank like a stone, deeper and deeper beneath the waves.

Oh dear. Things are in a bit of a mess here. Ric might lose the garage and poor Ruby and Romeo. Although, I do wish she would talk to him. It was only a kiss and up and leaving for two weeks... :( Anyways, the ending. Please let Romeo be okay. I really hope Ruby hasnt left it too late to let him explain! At least things are looking a little bit brighter for Indi and Xavier.

Update soon :)